Packing heat in AZ to become easier soon

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"The Wild West is about to get wilder - on Thursday, Arizona will join Alaska and Vermont as one of the states with the country's most liberal gun laws.

Senate Bill 1108 removes the requirement that gun owners must be trained and licensed to carry a concealed weapon.

Arizona already allows for "open carry" - anyone not legally prohibited from possessing a firearm, such as convicted felons or those adjudicated mentally incompetent, can carry firearms in public as long as they are clearly visible. After Thursday, the requirement that weapons be displayed openly will be dropped, and anyone who is not a "prohibited possessor" will be able to carry concealed weapons.

The new law will not remove restrictions on places where it is forbidden to carry weapons, including schools, hydroelectric or nuclear power plants, polling places, federal buildings or businesses that have posted specific signs prohibiting weapons. Establishments that serve alcohol will still be "no-carry" zones for those without a concealed-weapons permit, and gun owners will not be allowed to drink alcohol while carrying a weapon.

Also, anyone who carries a concealed firearm over the state line will need a concealed-weapons permit to avoid violating other states' handgun laws."

More at: Packing heat in AZ to become easier soon

ImnoMensa

"The Wild West is about to get wilder - on Thursday, Arizona will join Alaska and Vermont as one of the states with the country's most liberal gun laws.

Senate Bill 1108 removes the requirement that gun owners must be trained and licensed to carry a concealed weapon.

Arizona already allows for "open carry" - anyone not legally prohibited from possessing a firearm, such as convicted felons or those adjudicated mentally incompetent, can carry firearms in public as long as they are clearly visible. After Thursday, the requirement that weapons be displayed openly will be dropped, and anyone who is not a "prohibited possessor" will be able to carry concealed weapons.

The new law will not remove restrictions on places where it is forbidden to carry weapons, including schools, hydroelectric or nuclear power plants, polling places, federal buildings or businesses that have posted specific signs prohibiting weapons. Establishments that serve alcohol will still be "no-carry" zones for those without a concealed-weapons permit, and gun owners will not be allowed to drink alcohol while carrying a weapon.

Also, anyone who carries a concealed firearm over the state line will need a concealed-weapons permit to avoid violating other states' handgun laws."

More at: Packing heat in AZ to become easier soon

My bet would be the Wild West in the form of Arizona is about to become much more polite.

DEEKAYPEE8569

My bet would be the Wild West in the form of Arizona is about to become much more polite.

I'll mention it again.....Tennessee.....not just cuz of 'the southern thing,' but, I'm sure possibly because of "Shall Issue" CCW. Almost everybody looks you in the eye on the street. Almost everybody will acknowledge you even if you pass them on the street; either a nod, or 'hey, how ya doin?'

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Good for AZ!! More people carrying to protect thenselves from the illegals flooding over. Blow those beaners away!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
the country's most liberal gun laws
Pelosi told me the most liberal laws are always the best, so... rock on! :patriot:

I hear a faint thunder... must be the illegals who were already heading out of AZ have hastened their departure to the double quick-time.

exnodak

Yeah, because we all know how wild and crazy VERMONT is!!:jerry:

Yeah, cuz if you would have looked it up you would have found out that Vermont has NO gun restrictions except for certain restricted areas.

There is no permit requirement, and open carry is legal.

This AZ law is commonly referred to as a "Vermont Carry Law".

Vermont is the 49th State for violent crime per capita.

Thanks for helping point this out.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Yeah, cuz if you would have looked it up you would have found out that Vermont has NO gun restrictions except for certain restricted areas.

There is no permit requirement, and open carry is legal.

This AZ law is commonly referred to as a "Vermont Carry Law".

Vermont is the 49th State for violent crime per capita.

Thanks for helping point this out.

WOW, I guess I should have used the :sarcasm: smiley intstead of the :jerry: smiley eh??

:whoosh:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I think that was BG's point.
I didn't read exnodak's post as responding to her but expanding on what she had said. :shrug:

Anyway... you will also note that VT is near the bottom of the list in population of gangstas and the presence of urban slums. :yay:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Nonno;4335044 More at: [url=http://azstarnet.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_359bccac-5dab-52dd-90f0-5cf903f5fa8e.html said:
Packing heat in AZ to become easier soon[/url]

This should liven up the reenactments in old Tombstone. :yahoo: