Looking For A Home

navigator

Meet Gendy, a female Senegal and Buggy, a Cockatoo. They are both looking for loving homes. For more information, please call 240-925-0628 or email lora@secondhoperescue.org

Attachments

• Gendy.jpg
    Gendy.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Buggy.jpg
    Buggy.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 184

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Cockatoo...be VERY careful that he goes only to an experienced cockatoo owner and not somebody that wants a pretty bird. They're like perpetually owning a bratty two-year old. And they suffer from depression (feather picking, etc.) if they don't get attention.

SoftballCrazy

Cockatoo...be VERY careful that he goes only to an experienced cockatoo owner and not somebody that wants a pretty bird. They're like perpetually owning a bratty two-year old. And they suffer from depression (feather picking, etc.) if they don't get attention.
Buggy is a good bird...he loves doing flips and entertaining you w/ his antics. I've read they definitely can have issues w/ plucking feathers. He's a courtesy post - his owner would only let him go to an experienced home that will take good care of him.
Gendy is a nice bird too - she likes whistling and mimicking sounds. She's very clean, not a messy bird that slings stuff everywhere.

SoMDGirl42

Meet Gendy, a female Senegal and Buggy, a Cockatoo. They are both looking for loving homes. For more information, please call 240-925-0628 or email lora@secondhoperescue.org

I have a friend looking for a bird (or two:killingme) She is an experienced bird lady. They recently lost their bird of old age.

How much are they asking for the bird/birds. Any more details you can provide? age? etc.

edit:

when I called her about these birds, she described a cockatoo as a "special needs 3 year old". :killingme I think that means she's pretty experienced with these birds.

Last edited:

SoftballCrazy

I have a friend looking for a bird (or two:killingme) She is an experienced bird lady. They recently lost their bird of old age.

How much are they asking for the bird/birds. Any more details you can provide? age? etc.

edit:

when I called her about these birds, she described a cockatoo as a "special needs 3 year old". :killingme I think that means she's pretty experienced with these birds.

If they're interested, they can send an email - I can try to answer those questions for them or put them in contact w/ the owner. Thanks!