New Leak in Gulf...

TurboK9

:yay: Tanks.

This is not good.....

Looks like a very shallow well and some jackass hit it in a power boat. Should be easy enough to cap... worst comes to worst, if it's shallow enough for a boat to hit it, they can drop a coffer dam and fill the bastich with 'crete. Done.

Then they can get off their asses and mark all the other old shallow wellheads. Doy!

Rael

Supper's Ready
why? because the no drill wacko types were not happy with the ban on deep water only, they had to do this to prove that ALL drilling was bad.

Makes you wonder a little, doesn't it? I'm not sure how bad it is (haven't read any more on it yet). But when they use phrases like "spewing into the gulf, it paints an automatically ugly picture in my mind. I really should know better about media sensationalism.

bcp

In My Opinion
Makes you wonder a little, doesn't it? I'm not sure how bad it is (haven't read any more on it yet). But when they use phrases like "spewing into the gulf, it paints an automatically ugly picture in my mind. I really should know better about media sensationalism.
They showed it on the news last night.
Looked like Old Faithful. Oil and gas shooting up out of the water about a hundred feet in the air.
On the bright side, there should be little problem finding it.

Pushrod

Patriot
They showed it on the news last night.
Looked like Old Faithful. Oil and gas shooting up out of the water about a hundred feet in the air.
On the bright side, there should be little problem finding it.

If there was that much pressure and oil still there, why wasn't it being pumped and utilized? Why was it abandoned when we need domestic oil production?

TurboK9

If there was that much pressure and oil still there, why wasn't it being pumped and utilized? Why was it abandoned when we need domestic oil production?

Because rigs are ugly and how dare we pollute our precious view of the sea!!! :jameo:

Oil is dirty and spills and kills things so we need clean energy but wait no wind farms they'll spoil our view and maybe kill a bird!!! :jameo:

I have to go I need to drive my Expedition to Louisiana to protest BP!!! :jameo:

See a pattern here?

Pushrod

Patriot
Because rigs are ugly and how dare we pollute our precious view of the sea!!! :jameo:

Oil is dirty and spills and kills things so we need clean energy but wait no wind farms they'll spoil our view and maybe kill a bird!!! :jameo:

I have to go I need to drive my Expedition to Louisiana to protest BP!!! :jameo:

See a pattern here?

Yeah. We need an asshattery emoticon.