Chiggers............

Wenchy

Hot Flash
The damage is already done and the chigger is gone. You need the itch relief. Try Calamine. Make sure you shower and wash all clothes when you come inside from where you were infested. Nasty buggers. Once you have the welt they have moved on to other tasty bits of your body. Gross, huh?

dt5255

husband gets them all the time. He found some stuff at WalMart called ChiggerX he says it takes the itch away real good. its in a small white bottle with a red top and it cost 2 - 3 dollars

D

dems4me

I have a friend going through this and has been better since.

1) Take a bath in epsom salt - to draw out the toxins
2) put on Listerine (internet research prooved folks sweared by this)
3) apply some vicks vapor rub to numb.

she's much better now after two day! :buddies:

T

toppick08

Gasoline rubbed on the infected area has been the best remedy for me.

TurboK9

Gasoline rubbed on the infected area has been the best remedy for me.

Then smoke a ciggybutt... it helps, really... No not yet, let me get my vieo camera ready....

Head Lice Shampoo

Head lice shampoo can be used to get rid of chiggers on the body. Simply apply the solution to the affected areas, wait several minutes, and wash your body thoroughly in the shower. Scrub with soap and water to ensure all of the head lice shampoo is removed, and rinse. This treatment is not recommended for small children, anyone with sensitive skin, or anyone concerned about putting chemicals on their body in this manner.

Use a Hair Dryer

If you have a particularly bothersome case, you can use a hair dryer to get rid of chiggers. Point the hair dryer directly at the affected area, and blow with the heat as high as you can tolerate without burning yourself. Keep this up for at least two minutes, if possible, and you'll be rid of chiggers. This is a very effective method, but only for smaller areas of the body. A hot bath as soon as possible is still most important.

Get Rid of Itching

Even if you successfully get rid of chiggers by bathing and washing your clothes, they may have still left behind itchy bites. Diaper rash cream can be applied to bites to treat the itch. Calamine lotion may also be effective, but use sparingly, and only as necessary. Other commercial preparations that may relieve itching caused by chigger bites include Icy Hot, Neosporin, and any brand of petroleum jelly.

Natural Remedies for Chigger Bites

If you don't feel comfortable slathering your body in petroleum jelly or head lice shampoo, there are numerous natural remedies to get rid of chiggers, and their itchy bites. After getting out of the hot bath or shower, try applying a paste of baking soda and water. This will help get rid of any chiggers that might remain, and remedy the itchiness.

Another home remedy for chigger bites is plain old aspirin. Moisten a tablet with warm water, and gently rub it on the affected area. Vitamin E capsules, when taken internally, are also a powerful natural remedy for chigger bites. Take 400 IU of vitamin E and relief should be experienced within 15-30 minutes. Continue to take 200 IU every few hours, until the bites are gone, and you'll experience no itching at all.

Read more: How to Get Rid of Chiggers on Your Body

I herebey certify these remedies as "chiggerific".

Last edited:

bulldog

Stating the obvious here, but the key is not to get them. :drummer:
Go to Target (Wal-Mart has been out) and buy Repel (or any other brand) with Permethrin. The Repel comes in a gold and blue can with a blue lid. Spray your clothes (NOT YOU) with this product and pay particular attention to the cuffs and waist band of pants. Spray your socks and tuck your pant legs into your socks when out. Do this spraying outside and let the product dry for a bit. Wear these clothes into the woods or wherever you are picking up the chiggers. It will last through a couple of washings before you have to reapply.
As for after you get them, try some of the suggestions in the other posts, but I am in the woods a lot, all year long and have yet to get a single chigger (or tick) when using this product.
Good luck.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
husband gets them all the time. He found some stuff at WalMart called ChiggerX he says it takes the itch away real good. its in a small white bottle with a red top and it cost 2 - 3 dollars

Better not spell that wrong :nono:

DEEKAYPEE8569

If you don't feel comfortable slathering your body in petroleum jelly or head lice shampoo, there are numerous natural remedies to get rid of chiggers, and their itchy bites. QUOTE]

If ya do that, get a BIIIG bottle of Dawn dish soap cuz that's what it's gonna take to get the vaseline off effectively.

Baby oil maybe, but THAT won't get rid of chiggerz.

Inkd

+1 On the premetherin. I hunted in the Dismal Swamp in Virginia and used that on my clothes, never had an issue. I think though, not sure, that it should not be used on synthetics? I can't remember for sure if that was the Premetherin or the maxi-deet that I used before.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
How do you really get rid of them? They are driving me crazy!!!!:crazy:

the only thing you can do is find something to relive the itching... the damage is done
sorry... :huggy:

scratch them.... ooohhh it feels sooo good!!!! :killingme

cuddles

I second this. It works great.

KDENISE977

Omg. Omg. Omg. :cds: The ONLY time I spend an extended period of time outside so far this summer. Ughhhhh. The bites are ALL OVER my ankles and it's SO GROSS.

KDENISE977

Believe it or not Ammonia works as does Lacquer Thinner to stop the itching, they burn like hell though.
I don't even care about the itch, wouldn't mind the burn. I just need them gone they're hideous bumps all over my ankles. :bawl: will any if that get rid of the ugliness :bawl;