Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Watching Your Child?

Blog Entries

Who Is Watching Your Child?

Do you know that it is against the Md. state law to do child care without a license? License providers have background checks, finger printing, CPR, First Aid, SIDS class, many hours of childhood classes, water checks, fire inspections and many more things to ensure your child's safety. Please BE SURE THAT THERE IS A LICENSE NUMBER LISTED ANYTIME YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CARE. If not, you are leaving your child in an unlicensed home. Looking for that license number is for your child's safety and it's also the law in the state of Maryland.

The Calvert County Family Day Care Association of Calvert County will help you find care in one of their many registered homes. This is a FREE service. Visit their web site at Welcome to the Calvert County Family Daycare Association (Parents page).
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Not to be a smart ass, ok, to partially be a smart ass, I wonder if this includes ones own home with ones own kids?

I mean, in this day and age, would anyone put it past the government to try and make you register even for your own kids?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Not to be a smart ass, ok, to partially be a smart ass, I wonder if this includes ones own home with ones own kids?

I mean, in this day and age, would anyone put it past the government to try and make you register even for your own kids?
    waiting for the bush connection..
    “If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    waiting for the bush connection..
    Long wait. I have always tried to take great pains to list the things I think he is directly responsible for and not become absurd about it with ancilarry associations; oil prices, the wars, entitlement expansion, the hosuing collapse, TARP, bad breathe, greasy hair and...wait...let me think about this...

ADHD; Interdisciplinary

5. 07-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Do you know that it is against the Md. state law to do child care without a license? License providers have background checks, finger printing, CPR, First Aid, SIDS class, many hours of childhood classes, water checks, fire inspections and many more things to ensure your child's safety. Please BE SURE THAT THERE IS A LICENSE NUMBER LISTED ANYTIME YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CARE. If not, you are leaving your child in an unlicensed home. Looking for that license number is for your child's safety and it's also the law in the state of Maryland.

The Calvert County Family Day Care Association of Calvert County will help you find care in one of their many registered homes. This is a FREE service. Visit their web site at Welcome to the Calvert County Family Daycare Association (Parents page).
    It used to be that a parent could choose WHOMEVER he/she wanted to to watch the kids. Now the government controls that also. Why can't we all just be responsable for ourselves and our kids and the government stay out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peepaw95 View Post
    It used to be that a parent could choose WHOMEVER he/she wanted to to watch the kids. Now the government controls that also. Why can't we all just be responsable for ourselves and our kids and the government stay out of it?
    I, for one, appreciate that my daycare provider has oversight on how their operation is run, who they employ, and the safety precautions that they follow.

I'm glad that my kid goes to an accredited daycare, where that the staff is monitored, their records scrutinized, and their facility is inspected.

I like to be right.

Everyone's entitled to my opinion.

If you don't have anything nice to say to someone, then you need to STFU.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl View Post
    I, for one, appreciate that my daycare provider has oversight on how their operation is run, who they employ, and the safety precautions that they follow.

I'm glad that my kid goes to an accredited daycare, where that the staff is monitored, their records scrutinized, and their facility is inspected.
    Exactly. Parents can still have their friend's cousin's whoever watch their child - it's unlikely the state will ever catch you - but don't come crying when something happens because this person wasn't a qualified child care provider and there was no background check or safety monitoring.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    I would rather go with an un-licensed someone I know than a licensed someone I dont know.

F the state and their regulations.
    Fear the Government that Fears your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Peepaw95 View Post
    These regulation came about in response to the number of occasions where kids were dying while in daycare because of stupid mistakes. When someone opens a daycare, they're opening a business and like most businesses that deal with the public, there are regaulation in place to protect the public. That goes double when it comes to kids. My wife used to run an in home daycare. We went through all of those inspections and had very little difficulty getting certified because most of the regs are just good common sense, things that should be done anyway.

I remember when we lived in Florida, the licsenced daycare was punishing babies and toddlers by making them eat hot sauce.!
    I know where the beef is.

Members who have read this thread: 2