Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Watching Your Child?

I believe it is the parents responsibility and privilage to decide where to send them. I mean you are allowed to homeschool your kids with only vague state monitering. That is just as big a fish in the pond concerning the welfare of children, and with some public school education its painfully obvious that the state dosnt always do the best thing. Some parents need more monitering than care providers do so it just dosnt seem to be somthing the state should try to control. I know a TON of kids who grew up in an unlicensed second family/home daycare situation and are perfectly fine. Dont forget that even 'nice' facilities like Starmakers have there share of bad stories so its not safe to assume that just because they are state approved they are good. One last thing, people could try adjusting there life to one income and have one parent stay at home! There!!! no more daycare worries! You know your kids r safe and mom or dad are actually raising them, win/win situation BTW I do know that isnt a viable option for everyone
    Last edited by I_LUV_KIDS; 01-18-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Not to be a smart ass, ok, to partially be a smart ass, I wonder if this includes ones own home with ones own kids?

I mean, in this day and age, would anyone put it past the government to try and make you register even for your own kids?

PLEASE - let us not put any ideas into their heads...
    AmyB

EmptyTimCup
    Quote Originally Posted by bcp View Post
    I would rather go with an un-licensed someone I know than a licensed someone I dont know.

F the state and their regulations.
    :this:

My wife swaps off alt Fridays with another child mother ........ at my daughters school

so once a month with the kiddies have a half day Friday my wife is kid free to get errands done without having to drag the 6 yr old around

and for the record any parent volunteering at the school [you have to put in X number of hours each yr or pay a higher tuition] has to be finger printed and go though the SPO Background process

EmptyTimCup
    Quote Originally Posted by craberta View Post
    I remember when we lived in Florida, the licsenced daycare was punishing babies and toddlers by making them eat hot sauce.!

I don't know about babies and toddlers, but mom did this to me in grade school when I got caught lying

is it any wonder I love spicy food today

EmptyTimCup
    Quote Originally Posted by I_LUV_KIDS View Post

One last thing, people could try adjusting there life to one income and have one parent stay at home! There!!! no more daycare worries! You know your kids r safe and mom or dad are actually raising them, win/win situation BTW I do know that isnt a viable option for everyone

my wife and I live with my mother for this reason, my wife is a Stay At Home Mom ...... and now puts in many hours vol. at the school [wish it could become a paid job]

Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    waiting for the bush connection..
    You must be married.
    Don’t take criticism from someone you wouldn’t take advice from.

7. 12-05-2012, 08:48 AM

I started kindergarden in 1979, my parents wouldn't let me walk to gradeschool which was about 2 miles down the road in a little town, but they was afraid of what I might get into (and cost them money) in that time not that someone would get me.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I started kindergarden in 1979, my parents wouldn't let me walk to gradeschool which was about 2 miles down the road in a little town, but they was afraid of what I might get into (and cost them money) in that time not that someone would get me.
    I am sure that your parents cared more about the abduction factor, than they did the "What I might get in to" aspect. There is no way that I would let a 6 year-old walk 2 miles on his/her own either. They're not old enough to do that. My kids were born in the 70's, and I worried all the time about them getting hurt, or abducted. I was a Stay-at-home Mom. I wasn't a helicopter parent, but wasn't far from it.
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I am sure that your parents cared more about the abduction factor, than they did the "What I might get in to" aspect.
    My mom wasn't. Child abduction was/is extremely rare; "what I might get into", unfortunately, not so rare.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl View Post
    I, for one, appreciate that my daycare provider has oversight on how their operation is run, who they employ, and the safety precautions that they follow.

I'm glad that my kid goes to an accredited daycare, where that the staff is monitored, their records scrutinized, and their facility is inspected.
    You mean you enjoy the false pretense that government oversight means something is inherently better? That's why so many daycare facilities have drug issues that go on for years uncaught. That's why the TSA failed 95% of all it's tests. That's why forced backup cameras in cars raising prices has not reduced people backing over children in the last 15 years. You keep sleeping at night assuming that more government makes you safer, when it actually doesn't.

We live in a world where kids cannot have a lemonade stand, and it's because of people like you who shrug it off as not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I am sure that your parents cared more about the abduction factor, than they did the "What I might get in to" aspect. There is no way that I would let a 6 year-old walk 2 miles on his/her own either. They're not old enough to do that. My kids were born in the 70's, and I worried all the time about them getting hurt, or abducted. I was a Stay-at-home Mom. I wasn't a helicopter parent, but wasn't far from it.
    You do realize that child abductions like that are at all-time lows in the last 15 years? You also realize violence against children and violence in general is also down? Your child is statistically safer walking 2 miles to school at 8 years old alone than they are playing at the neighbors house or another family member (statistically highest likelihood of abducting or harming your child).
    Last edited by snake; 06-26-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 2