Starting Solomons Island Ravens' Roost

baileyboo

Calling all Southern Maryland Ravens fans!

We are establishing a Southern MD Ravens Roost, to be headquartered out of the Ruddy Duck! Carlos has willingly accepted our participation and the Baltimore Ravens are looking forward to our membership. Three preliminary meetings have been held and another is scheduled on August 21st at the Ruddy Duck at 5:00 PM before the Ravens vs. Redskins preseason game. We expect to forward all names and information to the Council after our next meeting. There is an annual fee of $25 dollars (required at our next meeting) and we will be responsible for supporting a local charity. We are considering the Calvert Count Special Olympics. You must be 21 years old to join.

If interested, please PM me your name and email address.

Please join us as we bring this special Ravens Roost to life!!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I know a raven's cheerleader :dance: and she's a freakin hottie.

Speaking of..the raven's cheerleaders are now selling a bahamas calendar they shot early in the summer..a perfect gift for any raven's fan in your life :whistle:

SoccerMom2

Calling all Southern Maryland Ravens fans!

We are establishing a Southern MD Ravens Roost, to be headquartered out of the Ruddy Duck! Carlos has willingly accepted our participation and the Baltimore Ravens are looking forward to our membership. Three preliminary meetings have been held and another is scheduled on August 21st at the Ruddy Duck at 5:00 PM before the Ravens vs. Redskins preseason game. We expect to forward all names and information to the Council after our next meeting. There is an annual fee of $25 dollars (required at our next meeting) and we will be responsible for supporting a local charity. We are considering the Calvert Count Special Olympics. You must be 21 years old to join.

Please join us as we bring this special Ravens Roost to life!!

I love the Ravens!

baileyboo

Next meeting is Aug 21st at 6:00 PM, not 5:00 PM...here is summary from last meeting.

Annual dues were agreed at $25/yr. It’s critical at this stage to get the required 25 confirmed paid members. Those who attended the meeting paid up and we have a start. Remember that the Council of Ravens Roosts requires an initial $250 for chapter registration. So we need to step up our commitment to this if we want it to move forward.

The Council requires that we select and support a local charity. We elected to go with the Special Olympics of Calvert County. This DOES NOT mean that we cannot support any other charity. Once we are up and operating we can choose to support whatever we want, but SOCC will be the charity of record for now.

We are required to hold recurring meetings throughout the year. For those cringing at dealing with meetings all day at work and don’t want to deal with them in their leisure time, we all feel your pain. Fact is this will be a real, authorized, legal charitable organization, with ties back to a larger, historic non-profit organization. There are lots of great benefits that come from this relationship. But it does require that a) we have our own meetings, and b) someone attended the monthly Council meetings in Catonsville. It was decided that we would hold our chapter meetings 2 weeks following the Council meetings so that we’re best able to relay information from the chapter to the council, and from the council to the chapter. We will, of course, wrap up the business ASAP and get down to serious socializing and football chat!

The next scheduled meeting will take place at The Ruddy Duck on Saturday August 21 at 6PM. PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF THIS! We hope to use this get together as a launch pad to signing up as many members as possible. It also happens to be the evening that the Ravens take on the Redskins. You wouldn’t want Redskins fans taking over OUR house would you? Come out and support the Roost!

Cheers for now….

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm a Ravens fan but, dang, meetings, fees, council, etc ...
Sounds more like big government and not so much fun :shrug:

PaulaMc

I am very interested in joining...HOW?

[I really want to join asap. I am a huge RAVENS fan and I moved down here and all I see are Redskins! Want to meet new people and join the roost. Email me at mcnamara_paula@yahoo.com
QUOTE=baileyboo;4337732]Calling all Southern Maryland Ravens fans!

Please join us as we bring this special Ravens Roost to life!![/QUOTE]