Diet pills and/or exercise classes advice

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Ok so... In a nutshell, I was pregnant and lost my baby in May. I gained approx 12lbs while pregnant on top of the 6lbs I gained between January and March (damn snow lol). I've been hitting the gym and trying to eat better... but my will power to do both is just giving out, especially since Im not seeing much result. Its really discouraging. I went from a 5'3" 124lb fit horseback riding machine to a 5'3" 142lb glob of fat.

Basically, I need some help. I've lost two pounds :sarcasticwoo-hoo:, but I want to lose about another 15 or so. I've been riding horses again and like I said Im going to the gym, but I could use some help.

Any advice on diet pills? I saw this thread: http://forums.somd.com/dieting-exercise/208204-appetite-suppressors.html. Seems like everyone agrees that the OxyELITE is a good appetite suppressor and the price is OK. But Im not really looking for an appetite suppoessor... more of a fat-burning thing. What about any others? What about that Acai Berry stuff? Healthytrim is all over the radio now, too... Any suggestions?

Also, I'm considering taking a class at the gym (maybe the structure will keep me focused lol). But I dont know what to take. What are the benefits of yoga? What does spinning entail? WTF is Zumba? Again, any suggestions?

Basically, I need help and I honestly dont know where to start. Riding, eating better and going to the gym is kind of helping, but not at the rate I want to see. Its been 3 months and 1 day since my surgery, 2 months 19 days since I was off bedrest and Im sick of still wearing maternity clothes!

HELP! Any advice would be truly appreciated... Sorry if I sound naive but I am kind of lost. I've never had any issue with my weight until now :ohwell:

thurley42

HY;FR
If you aren't eating right and putting in the time for cardio there isn't a pill in the world that will help! Fat Burners as a whole merely slightly increase your heart rate/body temperature, which slightly increases your BMR (basically what your body burns when you are at rest)

The first step is getting on a good solid eating plan. I recommend bodybuilding.com for tips on a good meal plan structure. You can use tools like livestrong.com to keep a free running tally to make sure you hit your daily macro/caloric goals for the day.

Then the other part is cardio...which I hate with a passion. Again bb.com has tons of really good articles about different types of workouts for different people.

i hope that helps..good luck

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
If you aren't eating right and putting in the time for cardio there isn't a pill in the world that will help! Fat Burners as a whole merely slightly increase your heart rate/body temperature, which slightly increases your BMR (basically what your body burns when you are at rest)

The first step is getting on a good solid eating plan. I recommend bodybuilding.com for tips on a good meal plan structure. You can use tools like livestrong.com to keep a free running tally to make sure you hit your daily macro/caloric goals for the day.

Then the other part is cardio...which I hate with a passion. Again bb.com has tons of really good articles about different types of workouts for different people.

i hope that helps..good luck

Oh I'm not looking for a "miracle pill." I know there is work involved and I am sooo ready to really buckle down. But 1.) I figure a little chemical assistance couldnt hurt :lol: and 2.) I really dont know where to start.

I will defintiely take a look at those sites. Thank you for the information!

Anyone else???

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Anyone else???

I'm not a big fan of medication in general, so my opinion is that weight loss should be confronted by exercise, better eating habits, plenty of hydration, sleep, etc.

Look at what you consume everyday and keep a log. Every piece of snack here, and a cookie there adds up. Cut out condiments from your meals, and try to stay away from anything boxed. Eat fresh with natural ingredients. Add salt and pepper for flavoring instead of butter and oil.

ChubbyKitty

I totally understand your frustrations, because I am in the same boat you are as far as losing weight. Anyway, everyone I talk to is madly in LOVE with Zumba. From everything I have read it is basically an exercise dance class, and I have yet to try it but I intend to someday. Spin class is not for the faint hearted, depending on the instructor. It is a class that you get out what you put into it. Yoga is good for stretching your muscles, which helps build muscles, and it also is good for de-stressing. You could also try kick-boxing, a regular aerobics class, a step class, etc. You pretty much have to just keep trying classes until you find one that you truly enjoy. You may not like a class that everyone else on here does like.
On a side note, your frustrations of not being able to lose the weight is probably also hindering your weight loss. If you stop stressing about it and just let it happen it will come off so much easier. Also, if you manage your diet well then something as simple as going for a walk everyday can help you to lose weight.
Good Luck!

Idunno

As was seen on Today...

Check out Myfitnesspal dot com. It is a free site that you can log your food and exercise on. It helped that gal on Monday's Today show lose a lot of weight.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Meth :yay:

I've used myfitnesspal.com and the P90X site in my weight loss endeavors. How many times a day are you eating and what are you eating? 3 squares a day is not going to help you too much, crank it up to 5-6 small meals a day.

mistamista

I recommend P90X. Just started it again recently after starting and stopping many times in the past. It's definately not for the faint of heart though. Also, if you start to feel any pain or sensations that don't seem to be the natural soreness you get with a workout then DEFINATELY STOP. I used to work for an orthopedic and we used to get many P90X related injuries, mostly shoulder related ones from guys who went a little overboard with pull-ups.

Also if you have any joint issues I recommend swimming or an elliptical machine as they tend to have be lower impact than other forms of cardio.