Resistance is Futile

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
If you resist, we shall slander you, investigate you, and sue you until you bend to our will. Do our biding or suffer the consequences.

-----

U.S. may sue Arizona's Sheriff Arpaio for not cooperating in investigation

A federal investigation of a controversial Arizona sheriff known for tough immigration enforcement has intensified in recent days, escalating the conflict between the Obama administration and officials in the border state.

Justice Department officials in Washington have issued a rare threat to sue Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio if he does not cooperate with their investigation of whether he discriminates against Hispanics. The civil rights inquiry is one of two that target the man who calls himself "America's toughest sheriff." A federal grand jury in Phoenix is examining whether Arpaio has used his power to investigate and intimidate political opponents and whether his office misappropriated government money, sources said.

The standoff comes just weeks after the Justice Department sued Arizona and Gov. Jan Brewer (R) because of the state's new immigration law, heightening tensions over the issue ahead of November's midterm elections. The renewed debate has focused attention on Arpaio, a former D.C. police officer who runs a 3,800-employee department, and a state at the epicenter of the controversy over the nation's estimated 12 million illegal immigrants.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Your threads seem so much more interesting than those from that one person who posts so much every day. I'm more inclined to read yours. :smile:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Your threads seem so much more interesting than those from that one person who posts so much every day. I'm more inclined to read yours. :smile:

:lmao: Nonno's crap is annoying me. However as I was reading the news this morning, all I kept thinking of was the book 1984. We just need to be issued our daily supply of pills. Of course, isn't that what is happening to the kids of today? It's just around the corner.

Matthew

The idiots! If the whole country ran law enforcement like Joe we'd be in better shape.

Of course.

However we would then be , in PC vernacular{

Racist, bigotted, small minded, xenophobic, paranoid, etc etc etc.

IN the words of another great American:

I'd rather be listed all of the above rather "than a effete nattering nabob of negativism"
:duel:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Of course.

However we would then be , in PC vernacular{

Racist, bigotted, small minded, xenophobic, paranoid, etc etc etc.

IN the words of another great American:

I'd rather be listed all of the above rather "than a effete nattering nabob of negativism"
:duel:
I gave up political correctness one year for Lent. Never picked up that nasty habit again.