You Will Read and You Will Believe

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Our word is our bond. Trust us. We only have your best interests at heart. Do not resist. Believe in us. We only tell you the truth.

-----

Rep. Issa: Stimulus website is 'propaganda' - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) on Monday accused the White House of using the stimulus tracking website Recovery.gov to disseminate propaganda.

Issa released a 37-page report documenting alleged misconduct by the Obama administration in several of its new-media projects. The report documents several instances in which government agencies allegedly promoted administration policies using federal resources.

Issa called on the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to investigate the allegations and determine if the administration violated federal law by using taxpayers' dollars for political purposes.

Specifically, the report points to websites it claims contain false or misleading information, such as Recovery.gov and HealthReform.gov, as well as to a conference call during which a White House staff member urged artists and entertainers to support President Obama's agenda.

Matthew

From Orwell's 1984:

"From under the spreading chestnut tree"
"Where I betrayed you and you betrayed me"

Or something like that.

In either case, frightening.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
From Orwell's 1984:

"From under the spreading chestnut tree"
"Where I betrayed you and you betrayed me"

Or something like that.

In either case, frightening.

That's a good one. I was thinking "Brave New World"

"Till at last the child's mind is these suggestions, and the sum of the suggestions is the child's mind. And not the child's mind only. The adult's mind too-all his life long. The mind that judges and desire and decides-made up of these suggestions. But all these suggestions are our suggestions... Suggestions from the State."

Or

"We condition the masses to hate the country."

It just seems so odd that the life I'm living resembles pieces of the books I've read.

Toxick

Splat
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The cult of personality.
I know your anger, I know your dreams,
I've been everything you want to be
I'm the cult of personality.
Like Mussolini...
And Kennedy...
I'm the cult of personality

Neon lights, Nobel Prize
When a mirror speaks, the reflection lies.
You don't have to follow me,
Only you can set me free!

Attachments

• 2383864178_9915e0ca7b.jpg
    2383864178_9915e0ca7b.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 58
  • obama1.jpg
    obama1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 59
  • ObamaSonofPromise1.JPG
    ObamaSonofPromise1.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 60

Matthew

That's a good one. I was thinking "Brave New World"

"Till at last the child's mind is these suggestions, and the sum of the suggestions is the child's mind. And not the child's mind only. The adult's mind too-all his life long. The mind that judges and desire and decides-made up of these suggestions. But all these suggestions are our suggestions... Suggestions from the State."

Or

"We condition the masses to hate the country."

It just seems so odd that the life I'm living resembles pieces of the books I've read.

Yes, I do know what you mean.
Will we be at the stage as in Fahrenheit 451, where "firemen" do burn books? Or do we end up in massed circles tossing books on the pyres as we
chant mindless paens to our beloved leader?

Education now discourages free thinking from both sides,dependent on the attitudes of the faculty in control.

The children are taught to sing praises of beloved leader, reminiscent of all those we once deemed or remain as enemies.

We are becoming automatons as in "Metropolis".

Maybe it is a cycle every people go through. Depression , rage, depotism. tolitarianism and finally oblivion or extinction.

We have the advantage of history. Unfortunately, we tend to ignore the lessons.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Our word is our bond. Trust us. We only have your best interests at heart. Do not resist. Believe in us. We only tell you the truth.

-----

Rep. Issa: Stimulus website is 'propaganda' - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) on Monday accused the White House of using the stimulus tracking website Recovery.gov to disseminate propaganda.

Issa released a 37-page report documenting alleged misconduct by the Obama administration in several of its new-media projects. The report documents several instances in which government agencies allegedly promoted administration policies using federal resources.

Issa called on the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to investigate the allegations and determine if the administration violated federal law by using taxpayers' dollars for political purposes.

Specifically, the report points to websites it claims contain false or misleading information, such as Recovery.gov and HealthReform.gov, as well as to a conference call during which a White House staff member urged artists and entertainers to support President Obama's agenda.

Yeah I read that here...:whistle:

http://forums.somd.com/politics/211940-obama-s-unprecedented-propaganda.html#post4355764

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The cult of personality.
I know your anger, I know your dreams,
I've been everything you want to be
I'm the cult of personality.
Like Mussolini...
And Kennedy...
I'm the cult of personality

Neon lights, Nobel Prize
When a mirror speaks, the reflection lies.
You don't have to follow me,
Only you can set me free!

Or this...

Attachments

• obamahopenosiska1.gif
    obamahopenosiska1.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 60

Vince

And is this a surprise to anyone considering this president and what he's gotten away with so far. Nothing will come of this. They will just blow it off and it will be one more thing that will disappear.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Yes, I do know what you mean.
Will we be at the stage as in Fahrenheit 451, where "firemen" do burn books? Or do we end up in massed circles tossing books on the pyres as we
chant mindless paens to our beloved leader?

Education now discourages free thinking from both sides,dependent on the attitudes of the faculty in control.

The children are taught to sing praises of beloved leader, reminiscent of all those we once deemed or remain as enemies.

We are becoming automatons as in "Metropolis".

Maybe it is a cycle every people go through. Depression , rage, depotism. tolitarianism and finally oblivion or extinction.

We have the advantage of history. Unfortunately, we tend to ignore the lessons.

Above all else this saddens me.