mosque controversy skips pentagon

Matthew

I was at the Arizona memorial, when I overheard a little Japanese man remark quietly what a good job they did.
I remarked back just as quietly:
"Not as good as we did on Hiroshima and Nagasaki"
That dude stayed as far away from me as he could get after that.

Well with all the PC nowadays, I shouldn't react that way, but bow and scrape, apologizing all the way.:evil: for all the migraines we caused to the attacking pilots.

We definitely have reached that stage now.

E

EmptyTimCup

I was at the Arizona memorial, when I overheard a little Japanese man remark quietly what a good job they did.
I remarked back just as quietly:
"Not as good as we did on Hiroshima and Nagasaki"
That dude stayed as far away from me as he could get after that.

:killingme

he could have been talking about the memorial .......... :whistle:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Appearing on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday, Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., defended the right of the Islamic group seeking to build near Ground Zero by saying, "there is a mosque in the Pentagon, which is also hallowed ground. No one objects to that."

If the truth doesn't suit your purposes, make it up! Stupid Donk.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

The "controversy" in New York is another chance for creating a better relationship with Islam and to sooth the wounds of the American cry babies.

I surely hope the NY Mosque gets built and operational, and I hope the Islamic members there stand their ground against those that seek to enforce their intolerance along with their bigotries.

Now hopefully that new Mosque will be a part of the tourist attraction for those that visit the World Trade Center site, as tourist can also visit the new Mosque and give praise to the God of justice.

:shortbus:

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
Now hopefully that new Mosque will be a part of the tourist attraction for those that visit the World Trade Center site, as tourist can also visit the new Mosque and give praise to the God of justice.

Exactly what do you mean mentioning justice when referring to the World Trade Center site or 9/11/2001?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Exactly what do you mean mentioning justice when referring to the World Trade Center site or 9/11/2001?
I'm sure you know... if he was in that area, he would walk past the WTC site to go to the mosque and bow before them while apologizing profusely.

Never mind that the Muslims have tried to distance themselves as much as possible from the more radical elements of their religion. Or that even The O has been backtracking on the support he previously lent.

Would you expect any less distastefulness from the Professional Loser?

Toxick

Splat

I have a feeling that the mosque will get a LOT of non-muslim visitors.

I believe that many of these visitors will be weilding spray-paint and pig blood.

Personally, I'm not against the mosque being built, however, I have no doubt that once it's up, it will be the butt of much vandalism and the focus of much ire. I think that the insistance on building on that particular site is extremely stupid, and is nothing more than inviting trouble.

Picture a redneck moving into a primarily black neighborhood... and proudly flying his rebel flag.

Does he have the right to do so? Sure he does. Is he a goddam moron who is inviting craploads of trouble... you're damn skippy.

That said, I also think those involved in this mosque (or community center or whatever they want to call it) absolutely realize this.

They have to know that their building stands a very good chance of being torched to the ground.

After which America will be treated to weeks worth of news coverage about our intolerance, and how the poor put-upon muslims only wanted a place to worship and associate with one another in peace and harmony, and they were singing Kumbaya and not bothering anyone before they were unjustly attacked by EEEEEEEEVIL Right-Wing Republicans.

I don't know which side is more ignorant: The side who wants to hinder religious freedoms enumerated by the Law of the Land, or the side who wants to plant their mark on the closest thing Secular America has to "Sacred Ground".

Last edited:

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
I'm sure you know... if he was in that area, he would walk past the WTC site to go to the mosque and bow before them while apologizing profusely.

Never mind that the Muslims have tried to distance themselves as much as possible from the more radical elements of their religion. Or that even The O has been backtracking on the support he previously lent.

Would you expect any less distastefulness from the Professional Loser?

As you know, I want to see it in his very own words. He can ignore it too, but that might be worse for him. Maybe he will just reply in O's words, "No regrets."

I'm waiting J. C.

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
Toxick;4356533 Personally said:
that particular site [/I]is extremely stupid, and is nothing more than inviting trouble.

The problem I have with it and the reason I think it is so provocative is what they are going to name it. That can't be a mistake. I am sure the name was well thought out.

“Cordoba,” in Islamic symbolic terms, means Islamic rule in the West. It does not mean “coexistence,” unless coexistence is interpreted as referring to Islamic rule. Pamela Geller at Atlas Shrugs cites the article (original in Arabic) published by Iraqi-American Khudhayr Taher on 18 May, in which Taher explains the following:

Heck, let’s tell the mosque’s backers they can have a mosque there but its name will be Baghdad Bob House. If these seem like bad ideas because they send the wrong signal – well, exactly. So does “Cordoba House.” We should not passively accept that name out of fear of being ridiculed or second-guessed, any more than we should accept a mosque at all for such a reason."

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

I have a feeling that the mosque will get a LOT of non-muslim visitors.

I believe that many of these visitors will be weilding spray-paint and pig blood.

Personally, I'm not against the mosque being built, however, I have no doubt that once it's up, it will be the butt of much vandalism and the focus of much ire. I think that the insistance on building on that particular site is extremely stupid, and is nothing more than inviting trouble.

Picture a redneck moving into a primarily black neighborhood... and proudly flying his rebel flag.

Does he have the right to do so? Sure he does. Is he a goddam moron who is inviting craploads of trouble... you're damn skippy.

That said, I also think those involved in this mosque (or community center or whatever they want to call it) absolutely realize this.

They have to know that their building stands a very good chance of being torched to the ground.

After which America will be treated to weeks worth of news coverage about our intolerance, and how the poor put-upon muslims only wanted a place to worship and associate with one another in peace and harmony, and they were singing Kumbaya and not bothering anyone before they were unjustly attacked by EEEEEEEEVIL Right-Wing Republicans.

I don't know which side is more ignorant: The side who wants to hinder religious freedoms enumerated by the Law of the Land, or the side who wants to plant their mark on the closest thing Secular America has to "Sacred Ground".

The Muslims are not afraid - they have faith, and rightly so.

Also Muslims are not comparable to a "redneck with a rebel flag" because Islam is based on strength and virtue while a "redneck" is not.

And I honestly do not see anything "sacred" about the site, and I do not see how anyone can view it as sacred.

What is so sacred about the site? as it is a holy hole in the ground? or was it a sacred explosion and collapse? and the "World Trade Centers" could have been better named as the "World Exploitation Centers" so what is so sacred about that?

I honestly do not believe anyone will ever harm the new Mosque facility and I say the "rednecks" are just pompous talk.

Toxick

Splat
Also Muslims are not comparable to a "redneck with a rebel flag" because Islam is based on strength and virtue while a "redneck" is not.

Add "metaphor" on your list of items to bone-up on.

And I honestly do not see anything "sacred" about the site, and I do not see how anyone can view it as sacred.

Add "reading comprehension" to your list of items to bone-up on.

I honestly do not believe anyone will ever harm the new Mosque facility and I say the "rednecks" are just pompous talk.

Add "foresight" to your list of items to bone-up on.

SamSpade

If the Muslims want to build a bridge, they need to do it in a manner that is helpful to the ones they reach out to. It's not "building bridges" to continue to do your thing over the objections of those you're trying to reconcile with. If you cheated on your wife, you don't make it up to her by suggesting a three way.

For example, I could reconcile with JP by publicly, repeatedly kicking his ass in front of the whole forum. It would give my legs the much needed exercise and provide huge satisfaction to the onlookers, but I suspect he might object to it.

But I think he needs to just get over it. We're building bridges here!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
As you know, I want to see it in his very own words. He can ignore it too, but that might be worse for him.
I thought so, but I figured he probably would ignore it, so I thought it best to speak for him... you know how he likes that.

What is so sacred about the site?
You're such an anti-American crackhead, sometimes I can't even laugh though I want to. :ohwell:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
I know if I was a cop or office worker in lower Manhattan, I would NOT want to hear this five times a day. And if I was visiting the Twin Towers memorial, I wouldn't want this screeching over the loudspeaker during times of contemplation. Nobody it talking about the noise pollution this atrocity will bring.

BOP

The "controversy" in New York is another chance for creating a better relationship with Islam and to sooth the wounds of the American cry babies.

I surely hope the NY Mosque gets built and operational, and I hope the Islamic members there stand their ground against those that seek to enforce their intolerance along with their bigotries.

You're an idiot.

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
Come back, James. I'm still waiting.