Scumbag Church Denied Burn Permit.....

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Dove World told it can't burn Qurans

"The city of Gainesville has denied Dove World Outreach Center's application for a burn permit to set fire to copies of the Quran on Sept. 11, but the church says it plans to burn the holy books anyway.

Gene Prince, interim chief of Gainesville Fire Rescue, said Wednesday that under the city's fire prevention ordinance, an open burning of books is not allowed.

Dove World has made international news since announcing its intention to burn the holy book of Islam to mark the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Telephone and e-mail messages left for church officials were not immediately returned Wednesday.

But permit or no permit, the church has indicated it will go ahead with its planned protest of Islam."

More at: Gainesville fire chief says open book burning not allowed in the city but Dove Church will still do it | Gainesville.com

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Why is it a scumbag church?

The section goes on to prohibit burning newspaper, corrugated cardboard, container board or office paper, which are akin to books, Prince said.

Why don't they just have a pork BBQ that day. With government sponsored NEA and piss on Christ "Art" displays, why are you crying about it.

bcp

In My Opinion
They just need to find a way to burn the books without it being in violation of the burn ordinance.
now if others can burn trash or leaves with permit, then there is a problem.
other than that there is absolutely no reason at all for them to be questioned or stopped from burning.

bcp

In My Opinion
They could see if the Central Florida Crematorium would let them borrow the facilities for an hour or so.
that way, they are burning in an approved class A burner in accordance with city regulations.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Book burning is a sign of Puritan dementia. Groups usually do it because they have nothing intelligent to say and cannot civilly refute the object of their wrath.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Where was your outrage over the 10 Christian doctors and aid workers slaughtered by the Taliban in Afghanistan in the name of Islam because they said there were preaching Christianity and carrying bibles. I'm pretty sure the ACLU would protect their right under free speech to burn the Quran regardless if I personally agree or disagree with it! :coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
you mean like the asshats that demanded the Confederate flag not be displayed in public spaces?

Depends on the circumstances.

If someone tries to plant a Confederate flag so that it overlooks a church with predominantly black membership, then THAT person is the provocative asshat.

The Muslims who are building their community center near Ground Zero? Provocative asshats.

bcp

In My Opinion
Where was your outrage over the 10 Christian doctors and aid workers slaughtered by the Taliban in Afghanistan in the name of Islam because they said there were preaching Christianity and carrying bibles. I'm pretty sure the ACLU would protect their right under free speech to burn the Quran regardless if I personally agree or disagree with it! :coffee:
From the way I understand it, nobody said the could not burn the book, all that was said was they could not burn it in the city limits due to regulations.
I assume they would have heard the same refusal if they were asking to burn their 10 year old stack of newspapers.
Nothing the ACLU could do in this case.

bcp

In My Opinion

If someone tries to plant a Confederate flag so that it overlooks a church with predominantly black membership, then THAT person is the provocative asshat.

The Muslims who are building their community center near Ground Zero? Provocative asshats.
Im not sure but I think we agree.

but, those that decided to fight Carolina because it was flying the flag just as it had since the civil war were the asshats in that situation.

bcp

In My Opinion

and while we are at it.
if that person is putting that flag on his own legally owned property, does he or does he not have a right to do it.

because we know he would be forced to remove it.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
From the way I understand it, nobody said the could not burn the book, all that was said was they could not burn it in the city limits due to regulations.
I assume they would have heard the same refusal if they were asking to burn their 10 year old stack of newspapers.
Nothing the ACLU could do in this case.

Agree... :buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
and while we are at it.
if that person is putting that flag on his own legally owned property, does he or does he not have a right to do it.

because we know he would be forced to remove it.

He should have a right to do it, but he's still a provocative asshat. That's about the only time I'm all for government finagling and law pretzeling - when someone's just being a jerk and the law can find a way to put a foot up their ass.

TurboK9

He should have a right to do it, but he's still a provocative asshat. That's about the only time I'm all for government finagling and law pretzeling - when someone's just being a jerk and the law can find a way to put a foot up their ass.

So the Muslims building a mosque near ground zero are provocative asshats right?

Nucklesack

Why would the AMERICAN Civil Liberties Union engage in Afghanistan? Why would you use an example of attrocity in one country as a reason to commit an act in this one?

Last time i checked we dont live in a Theocracy and have a freedom of Religion.... not just the ones you approve of.

How is this any less distasteful than the Legal (as far as anyone knows) Mosque near the Towers in New York?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why would the AMERICAN Civil Liberties Union engage in Afghanistan? Why would you use an example of attrocity in one country as a reason to commit an act in this one?

Exactly. That's the problem with 99.999% of humans: they don't know when to deliver the #####-slap and when to chill. So they run around like 17th century peasants, brandishing their torches and pitchforks. Burn the witch! Burn her!! :jameo:

It's ridiculous.