Dr. Laura returns to CNN.....

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Dr. Laura returns to CNN to defend her indefensible racial remarks

"The day after she engaged in the racially charged rant which eventually led to her deciding to step down from her radio show, Schlessinger apologized for having "articulated the "n" word all the way out - more than one time." But as the Rev. Al Sharpton pointed out, the repeated use of a racial slur wasn't the only problem with her comments - the "whole line" of her remarks "was extremely disturbing."

Tonight on CNN, we found out why Schlessinger neglected to apologize for some of those additional comments - she doesn't think there's anything wrong with them.

During an interview, John Roberts pointed out that while much of the media attention devoted to Schlessinger's comments has revolved around her repeated use of a racial slur, "there were some other things that you said during that broadcast that other people found even more troubling than the n-word." Rather than apologize for those comments, Schlessinger kept digging:

Video and more at: Dr. Laura returns to CNN to defend her indefensible racial remarks | Media Matters for America

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Dr Laura is my hero since she seems to get Nonothings panties in a bunch. Too bad I never listened to her, maybe I should have.

Now Nonothing, go take on the day!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

She probably quit because, jeez, if she has to be all touchy feely, what's the point? It totally misses the whole concept of her show.

After reading the transcript, the caller was clearly being hypersensitive. I'm not a huge Dr. Laura fan, and I find her more abrasive than she really needs to be (if you can imagine that :jet: ), but I don't see where she said anything wrong in that transcript.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Obviously, you have not heard or read what Laura said and are only repeating what you were paid to post or your take would probably be totally different
Don't be so sure. Dr. Laura's key point was that people get so hung on the hypersensitive stuff they can't openly discuss things anymore. You should know Noonoo never discusses; he merely repeats. And without hypersensitivity, he'd be out of business altogether. It behooves his kind to keep the misguidance going.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Don't be so sure. Dr. Laura's key point was that people get so hung on the hypersensitive stuff they can't openly discuss things anymore. You should know Noonoo never discusses; he merely repeats. And without hypersensitivity, he'd be out of business altogether. It behooves his kind to keep the misguidance going.

Damn it. I always forget this part:

:sarcasm:

:lmao:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I fond myself quite confused on this subject. Clearly..dr laura was being a biatch. She barely let her speak before jumping on her and bringing up the president's race..as if she was already mad about something and was just waiting for a chance. i see little problem with her using the n word. I dont use it myself, because I just can't make myself form the sound of such a hateful word..but I know several people (black) who use it. If they can..in any context..why can't a white person use it in the context of a discussion about it? just her mere utterance of the word..was enough to upset the woman..proving dr. laura's point..unfortunately. My confusion comes in because anyone I know (and several of my white girl friends have a love for the black man :killingme) wouldn't take offense at the sort of comment she was saying hurt her. I can see how the COULD be taken offensively..but why didn't dr laura just tell the woman that if she loved her husband and felt the friends were good people..just to chalk it up to curiosity and say it was a good thing that obv the friends feel so comfortable around you they can say things without editing, and be happy with life. If she thought they were genuinely bad people..drop them and move on.