CNN and Time Promote Accusation That 'Bigotry' is

E

EmptyTimCup

:killingme

CNN and Time Promote Accusation That 'Bigotry' is Driving Mosque Debate

CNN's American Morning and Newsroom programs on Thursday brought on Time magazine's Bobby Ghosh to highlight his "Is America Islamophobic?" article and help promote his accusation that "hate speech" and "bigotry" have "come out into the mainstream" during the course of the debate over the proposed New York City mosque near Ground Zero.

:jameo:

Five and a half hours later, at the bottom of the 1 pm Eastern hour of CNN's Newsroom, Ghosh repeated his main points, and even added an accusation of "racism" against the opponents of the mosque and other Islamic projects in the country:

GHOSH: There's a lot of Islamophobia growing in this country. It's not as bad as some parts of Europe. There are no neo-Nazi thugs going around beating up American Muslims. But there is a lot of hate speech, and it's getting louder and more vicious. And in these mosque protests, not just the one here in the New York, but all over the country- in these mosque protests, we've seen that hate speech take on a new and more venomous tinge to it. And here's the worst part: it's now come out into the mainstream and we're listening to figures- not fringe lunatics, if you pardon the expression- but we're listening to people who are held in wide respect in this country, say things that, in other contexts, would be considered completely inappropriate.

VELSHI: Have you been able to come up with contexts to give examples of where it would be appropriate- inappropriate? Where we wouldn't use this kind of language to talk about another identifiable group?

GHOSH: I don't think any identifiable group but the Muslims in this country. I don't think Newt Gingrich could say that- could compare them with Nazis. I think that would be considered- he- it would never occur to him. But as somebody who I spoke to during the story told me, Islamophobia is now the accepted form of racism in this country. Muslims feel that people are allowed in the public sphere to say whatever they want to say about Islam, and they can get away with it.

since when is ISLAM a Religion / Political Structure .... a race

Last edited by a moderator:

bcp

In My Opinion
since when is ISLAM a Religion / Political Structure .... a race
Its not a race. And its not attributed to just any one race.
For someone to step up and claim that the anti muslim retoric is racist, is a racist comment in and of itself. It clearly shows that the auther of the statement paints all muslims as middle east sand dwelling towel heads.

ImnoMensa

Its not a race. And its not attributed to just any one race.
For someone to step up and claim that the anti muslim retoric is racist, is a racist comment in and of itself. It clearly shows that the auther of the statement paints all muslims as middle east sand dwelling towel heads.

During WW2 the Japanese, many Italians and some Germans were interned.

They were called slant-eyed, Japs, Ginny's Wops, Krauts and many other names.

When a people is at war with an enemy it is natural to call that enemy names and to hate what they stand for.

We are at war with Islam. Well: Not really -------They are at war with us.

Our Government doesnt recognize the war against Islam, they don't even know that we are fighting a cult that calls itself a religion in Afghanistan and Iraq, they think we are fighting a country, when in fact we are fighting a cult made up of of murderous savages ,who live in tribes and kill each other when they have no common enemy.They practice their garbage and call it a religion. The end game in their cult is to kill anyone who isn't a part of the cult. I guess if we are all killed they will go back to wiping out each other.

My intention is o stay alive and try to make it so my Grandchildren can live in a world at peace. As long as Islam exists there will be no peace.

That isn't bigotry, it's common sense.