Anti-muslim Rally at Ground Zero

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"A man walks through the crowd at the Ground Zero protest and is mistaken as a Muslim. The crowd turns on him and confronts him. The man in the blue hard hat calls him a coward and tries to fight him. The tall man who I think was one of the organizers tried to get between the two men. Later I caught up with the man who's name is Kenny. He is a Union carpenter who works at Ground Zero. We discussed what a scary moment that was for him. I told him that I hoped it did not ruin his day."

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Um, okay. Looked to me like both guys were being confrontational and using some harsh language; of course, we can't see what led up to the heated words between Kenny and the hardhat guy. I'm not seeing where the hardhat guy "tried to fight" Kenny - some liberty of presentation taken there.

All that aside, what's the point? Are we supposed to believe the crowd was a majority of obnoxious Muslim-haters, as the hardhat guy is presented to be? Or should we believe the people were a majority with honest fears and concerns about the intentions behind this 'community center' but not seeking to start violence, as the organizer apparently was?

I can see people being irate because it is apparent neither NYC officials nor the Cordoba Muslims are paying a bit of mind to the opposition. If that crowd had truly wanted to become violent they easily could have overpowered the one old guy who was protecting Kenny. I'm sorry that Leftists are so offended when people other than themselves express their free speech. :shrug:

(Note: None of this is directed at Nonuts, because I know he doesn't like posts longer than one sentence.)

DEEKAYPEE8569

Um, okay. Looked to me like both guys were being confrontational and using some harsh language; of course, we can't see what led up to the heated words between Kenny and the hardhat guy. I'm not seeing where the hardhat guy "tried to fight" Kenny - some liberty of presentation taken there.

All that aside, what's the point? Are we supposed to believe the crowd was a majority of obnoxious Muslim-haters, as the hardhat guy is presented to be? Or should we believe the people were a majority with honest fears and concerns about the intentions behind this 'community center' but not seeking to start violence, as the organizer apparently was?

I can see people being irate because it is apparent neither NYC officials nor the Cordoba Muslims are paying a bit of mind to the opposition. If that crowd had truly wanted to become violent they easily could have overpowered the one old guy who was protecting Kenny. I'm sorry that Leftists are so offended when people other than themselves express their free speech. :shrug:

(Note: None of this is directed at Nonuts, because I know he doesn't like posts longer than one sentence.)

WHY? I'm all for freedom of religion and all that, but WHY should there be a mosque at Ground Zero? If a group of Americans went over to the sandbox and wanted to build a Catholic Church, they'd be shot on site.

Vince

WHY? I'm all for freedom of religion and all that, but WHY should there be a mosque at Ground Zero? If a group of Americans went over to the sandbox and wanted to build a Catholic Church, they'd be shot on site.
And they would come back with, "it's not really at ground zero, but a few blocks from it." Personnally, I wouldn't give a crap if it were 10 blocks from ground zero. It's wrong. They are doing it to shove it in our faces. As far as a Catholic Church being built in their sandbox, (1) it wouldn't be allowed (2) if someone tried it, they would all be killed. Someday folks will get it through their heads, the radical muslims want us dead. We are the infidels and they are taught that from the time they are 3 years old.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"A man walks through the crowd at the Ground Zero protest and is mistaken as a Muslim. The crowd turns on him and confronts him. The man in the blue hard hat calls him a coward and tries to fight him. The tall man who I think was one of the organizers tried to get between the two men. Later I caught up with the man who's name is Kenny. He is a Union carpenter who works at Ground Zero. We discussed what a scary moment that was for him. I told him that I hoped it did not ruin his day."

]

This is why I love free speech on all sides; your spin on things still has to face up to what actually happened.

:buddies:

TurboK9

Why is there a photographer following 'Kenny' and taking his picture BEFORE anything happens? And who is the skinny old dude? I have no sound at work... wondering if this is a 'set up'.

The photographer following Kenny, and the way the video camera follows him, reminds me of 'faked' videos where the person just HAPPENS to have the camera centered on the action or point of interest before anything interesting happens.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why is there a photographer following 'Kenny' and taking his picture BEFORE anything happens? And who is the skinny old dude? I have no sound at work... wondering if this is a 'set up'.

The photographer following Kenny, and the way the video camera follows him, reminds me of 'faked' videos where the person just HAPPENS to have the camera centered on the action or point of interest before anything interesting happens.

Wondering? No you're not. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's an anti mosque rally, but let's not cloud the issue with facts.

No it's not. It's an 'anti mosque anywhere near the site of the ex towers' rally.

If this was going in 10, 20 some odd blocks away, this would have lasted one news cycle. This is, obviously, a provocative act.

Reaction to provocation supplied. :buddies:

TurboK9

Wondering? No you're not. :lol:

Well if it was so obvious I could figure it out without any audio, how the f*ck can the lefties be so stupid as to not see through....

Nevermind. When you want to believe something is true, I suppose it doesn't matter how obvious it is that it's a lie. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well if it was so obvious I could figure it out without any audio, how the f*ck can the lefties be so stupid as to not see through....

Nevermind. When you want to believe something is true, I suppose it doesn't matter how obvious it is that it's a lie. :shrug:

Lot of that going around these days.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
On both sides, yes.

In any event, I suspect your initial reaction is correct; set up. The only freaking way anyone is gonna think the brotha' is a Muslim is if he said so. Looks like all American black guy to me, including the head wear.

bcp

In My Opinion
In any event, I suspect your initial reaction is correct; set up. The only freaking way anyone is gonna think the brotha' is a Muslim is if he said so. Looks like all American black guy to me, including the head wear.
not to mention the little fact that the majority of the black muslims are not from the sand pit and have a totally different view of what it is to be muslim.

I dont think I would worry too much about a black muslim blowing something up. now, a middle east muslim is a different story all together.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
There is no such thing as 'radical' Islam. The tenents of the religion are murder, mysogeny, slavery, conformity and brutality.

Islam is Islam.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
:killingme:

Attachments

• obamas_mosque_mess10.jpg
    obamas_mosque_mess10.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 49

edinsomd

No it's not. It's an 'anti mosque anywhere near the site of the ex towers' rally.

If this was going in 10, 20 some odd blocks away, this would have lasted one news cycle. This is, obviously, a provocative act.

Reaction to provocation supplied. :buddies:

You're a beer swilling Islamophobe! I'll get the next round.:buddies: