Taliban: Captured Soldier Joined Cause

E

EmptyTimCup

:doh:

Taliban: Captured Soldier Joined Cause

A Taliban deputy district commander in Paktika province said the 24-year-old American had converted to Islam in the months after his capture. He said Bergdahl, from Idaho’s Sun Valley, had trained Taliban fighters in bomb-making and ambushing convoys.

“When I saw him for the second time, he had totally changed. He had a beard and he treated all of us very respectfully. He seemed very relaxed in our company. He was no longer scared,” said the commander, who called himself Haji Nadeem.

Bergdahl, who was given the Muslim name Abdullah after converting, allegedly taught Nadeem how to dismantle a Nokia mobile telephone and turn it into a remote control for roadside bombs. Nadeem also received basic ambush training during a two-hour session in the Sar Hawza district.

“Most of the skills he taught us we already knew. Some of my comrades think he’s pretending to be a Muslim to save himself so they wouldn’t behead him,” said Nadeem.

reserving judgment until we get him back .... hopefully not shooting at Americans

:popcorn:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:doh:

reserving judgment until we get him back .... hopefully not shooting at Americans

:popcorn:

What was Bergdahl's job in the Army??

Not many people taught how to turn cell phone's into detonators, or even how to make roadside bombs...

If he is shooting at Americans, or even half of this is true, he should be captured and shot on sight.

ImnoMensa

What was Bergdahl's job in the Army??

Not many people taught how to turn cell phone's into detonators, or even how to make roadside bombs...

If he is shooting at Americans, or even half of this is true, he should be captured and shot on sight.

Who knows what tortures this man went through?

The Taliban knows how to waterboard too, they know many tortures.

I will not condemn this man even if it is true that he has turned on us, until I know why he turned.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Who knows what tortures this man went through?

The Taliban knows how to waterboard too, they know many tortures.

I will not condemn this man even if it is true that he has turned on us, until I know why he turned.

Well I think it's all propaganda anyways.. US soldiers aren't taught how to make bombs, or more accurately VERY few US soldiers are taught those skills, a VERY elite few. Most of our bombs, mines and weapons come ready made.. or "point and shoot".. Our soldiers don't have to worry about how they work, or how to make them.

E

EmptyTimCup

Most of our bombs, mines and weapons come ready made.. or "point and shoot".. Our soldiers don't have to worry about how they work, or how to make them.

I beg to differ .... I spent 4 yrs in the Infantry, and by the time I go out I had learned to wire up all sorts of things ..... mix and match Tow Blast Simulators ( electrical detonated M80's) with Arty Simulators ... friction pull string

My Sec Sgt was trying to get me to reup and was willing to sign a letter (his words no mine - I am guessing some sort of recommendation ?) to get me into EOD ... he told me I had a knack for putting things together

it not be hard to combine a Cell Phone, a 155mm shell and an electrical blasting cap .... and some other booster

ET Phone home . ........... :buddies: