Man Drowns at Local State Park

bcp

In My Opinion
maybe they can deport his cousin too. and if the cousin is legal, then charge him with aiding and abetting a felon and throw him in prison.

calikid

Im confused, it says it was under a lifeguarded area yet it took 5-10 minutes to find the body in waist deep water?

bcp

In My Opinion
Im confused, it says it was under a lifeguarded area yet it took 5-10 minutes to find the body in waist deep water?
either the crabs are strong and fast, or the oil slick caused visability issues.
maybe the life guard didnt know what was going on because the illegal one was yelling for help in spanish instead of english.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I look at it the same as if someone were breaking into a house, falls down the steps, breaks his neck and dies. If he wasn't somewhere he shouldn't have been, he'd be alive.

puggymom

Drowning does not look like it does in the movies.

Drowning looks different than you think - Parenting on Shine

Think drowning involves screaming, gasping, and flailing? Think it’s easy to notice someone drowning? Well, you’re wrong. Drowning is a silent killer. There’s no waving or calling for help of any kind. It's not like what you see on TV. Many people would not even notice another person drowning at just 30 yards away. Read on for tips on how to keep yourself and those you love safe from this silent killer whether at the beach or in your backyard pool.

...describes the typical drowning response as follows: "Except in rare circumstances, drowning people are physiologically unable to call out for help. The respiratory system was designed for breathing. Speech is the secondary or overlaid function. Breathing must be fulfilled before speech occurs. Drowning people’s mouths alternately sink below and reappear above the surface of the water. The mouth of a drowning person is not above the surface of the water long enough to exhale, inhale, and call out for help. When the drowning person’s mouth is above the surface, she exhales and inhales quickly as her mouth starts to sink below the surface of the water. Drowning people cannot wave for help. Nature instinctively forces them to extend their arms laterally and press down on the water’s surface. Pressing down on the surface of the water permits drowning people to leverage their bodies so they can lift their mouths out of the water to breathe. Throughout the Instinctive Drowning Response drowning people cannot voluntarily control their arm movements. Physiologically, drowning people who are struggling on the surface of the water cannot stop drowning and perform voluntary movements such as waving for help, moving toward a rescuer, or reaching out for a piece of rescue equipment.

If the water is murky, it's REAL easy to miss something 1 foot away from you, even in waist deep water. You can walk by something several times and never see or touch it.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a law suit against the lifeguards/park on this.

bcp

In My Opinion
If the water is murky, it's REAL easy to miss something 1 foot away from you, even in waist deep water. You can walk by something several times and never see or touch it.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a law suit against the lifeguards/park on this.
I think they should drain the racist river.