President Carter On Humanitarian Mission.....

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Carter to North Korea to free American

" WASHINGTON (AP) -- Former President Jimmy Carter was preparing to leave for North Korea on Tuesday to try to gain the freedom of an American imprisoned for illegally entering the communist nation, U.S. officials said Monday night.

North Korea agreed to release Aijalon Mahli Gomes if Carter were to come to bring him home, a senior U.S. official told The Associated Press. Gomes, of Boston, who was arrested on Jan. 25 after entering North Korea, was sentenced in April to eight years in prison and fined $700,000.

Carter was expected to spend a single night in North Korea and return with Gomes on Thursday, a second U.S. official said. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation."

Full article here.

Pete

Repete
Carter to North Korea to free American

" WASHINGTON (AP) -- Former President Jimmy Carter was preparing to leave for North Korea on Tuesday to try to gain the freedom of an American imprisoned for illegally entering the communist nation, U.S. officials said Monday night.

North Korea agreed to release Aijalon Mahli Gomes if Carter were to come to bring him home, a senior U.S. official told The Associated Press. Gomes, of Boston, who was arrested on Jan. 25 after entering North Korea, was sentenced in April to eight years in prison and fined $700,000.

Carter was expected to spend a single night in North Korea and return with Gomes on Thursday, a second U.S. official said. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation."

Full article here.

Maybe they will keep the talking liver spot.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh goody. Its officially an annual event now. The Norks capture an American and Carter trots on over to retrive them.

Great precedent we've set. Wonder when Carter is going to go to Iran to fetch the three American students?

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Wonder when Carter is going to go to Iran to fetch the three American students?

Now THAT would be an interesting headline. "Carter tries, once again, to free American hostages in Iran. Burns in the desert a second time."

ImnoMensa

Methinks that may be why he's stayed away from that one?:whistle:

Although I believe Carter the worst President in history, before Obama came into office., and I also believe this American is one of the most stupid imbeciles ever to walk the earth, I will be happy to see him released.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Oh goody. Its officially an annual event now. The Norks capture an American and Carter trots on over to retrive them.

Great precedent we've set. Wonder when Carter is going to go to Iran to fetch the three American students?

The bag full of money was to heavy for ol Jimmy to carry.