Imagine opening your wallet to find...

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
... a series of these.

The impetus: The greenback has an image problem. It has come to represent everything that’s wrong with the American economy...

...is about imbuing U.S. currency with sunny new meaning.
Funny, I thought it was all those Liberal ideas that have been devaluing the dollar that have created its "image problem". Thus, the solution should not be to change the image but to get rid of the fatally-flawed ideas.

Also of note is the fact that, even given our supposed image problem, a good many nations have no hesitation over asking for our money first when they have a problem or need help in some way.

Their bills are designed to be educational, intuitive, and, to put it plainly, make America feel like it sucks a little bit less.
I haven't encountered anyone who is not a Liberal who believes that America sucks in the first place. :shrug: All those who do believe this country sucks could at least make themselves useful by standing along our southern border and convincing all those entering illegally how terrible the nation is - maybe the illegal ones would go home.

The last thing that stood out to me were the graphics choices: on the 1 (the bill you'd see most often), Oblahma; 5, Native American tee-pee; 10, SCOTUS/Bill of Rights; 20, science; 50, eagle and states; 100, FDR.

All the Founders - gone. Oblahma and FDR take their places, which, in a way, makes sense given that they top all the other presidents in putting their hands on peoples' money. :coffee:

ImnoMensa

:twitch: OMG... Say it isnt so

:doh:

I don't know who's idea this is but it thoroughly sucks.

I would as soon have a picture of a Sphincter on my money as Obama.
Well, come to think of it, there isn't much difference.

I cannot believe they would pull this crap.

Where can I get some good Canadian money?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I don't know who's idea this is but it thoroughly sucks.
The idea is a contest (the Dollar ReDe$ign Project) that is being conducted by a blogger; it has no bearing on official currency whatsoever.

What struck me was the stupidity and audacity of some of the designers - those of the "Obama bucks" in particular. And they're Europeans, at that - telling us how much we 'suck'!

Another ghastly design envisioned the "Amero", as modeled after the Euro, and distributed by the Central Bank of North America, under direction of the North American Union. As if the way to make our dollar stronger is to combine it with the weaker Canadian dollar and the weaker still Peso. The wonders and mysteries of Liberal math... :rolleyes: