Voter unity plan?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
16 days left! I just received my voting ballot (I was away at OC for the last 9 days), and it seems that I know only a few of the people on the ballot. Is there one site that I can visit for their information or do I have to visit 60+ websites to find out what they stand for?

It might be good for us to share what we know/like about certain candidates on here for the benefit of us all; Ya think? I'm sure many of us are divided between Ehrlich & Murphy. I don't want to vote for Ehrlich again, but I'm not sure Murphy is the guy either...
(Btw, conservatives only here. Liberals, start your own thread) :yahoo:

Graymatter

16 days left! I just received my voting ballot (I was away at OC for the last 9 days), and it seems that I know only a few of the people on the ballot. Is there one site that I can visit for their information or do I have to visit 60+ websites to find out what they stand for?

It might be good for us to share what we know/like about certain candidates on here for the benefit of us all; Ya think? I'm sure many of us are divided between Ehrlich & Murphy. I don't want to vote for Ehrlich again, but I'm not sure Murphy is the guy either...

I'm disapointed JPC was on my sample ballot. NOT!

bcp

In My Opinion

I liked Ehrlich just fine. Little weak on the 2nd, but then, they all are.

My problem with Ehrlich, and really the GOP as a whole is that they keep running candidates that have already lost by vote at an earlier date.
They did it with McCain and that turned out bad in my opinion
they are now doing it with Ehrlich, I have no reason to think it will turn out any different.

The GOP needs fresh new faces, they need people that have not already shown themselves to be weak.
The problem I will have on voting day is this.
Do I vote for Ehrlich or not.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
My problem with Ehrlich, and really the GOP as a whole is that they keep running candidates that have already lost by vote at an earlier date.
They did it with McCain and that turned out bad in my opinion
they are now doing it with Ehrlich, I have no reason to think it will turn out any different.

The GOP needs fresh new faces, they need people that have not already shown themselves to be weak.
The problem I will have on voting day is this.
Do I vote for Ehrlich or not.
I agree with your "new faces" comment, but my issue is this:
I have no kids so, out of 19 people running for the board of Education, I know one.
I know none of the 14 on the Republican central committee.
I know none of the 11 on the US Senator list.
I know none of the 3 on the comptrollers list.

I have to do a lot of research in the next 2 weeks so I was hoping to find a website that covered most of them. I know Murphy has a website so I'll check it out tomorrow or Tuesday.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
I agree with your "new faces" comment, but my issue is this:
I have no kids so, out of 19 people running for the board of Education, I know one.
I know none of the 14 on the Republican central committee.
I know none of the 11 on the US Senator list.
I know none of the 3 on the comptrollers list.

I have to do a lot of research in the next 2 weeks so I was hoping to find a website that covered most of them. I know Murphy has a website so I'll check it out tomorrow or Tuesday.

Has your community newspaper been running a series on the candidates? It's probably the only source (though edited) for information on the players. In Chuck Co, the Independent has done an article each week on the slate of candidates for each position. Not the most informative, but when 90% of the candidates are Donks, I only need to look at the one or two Republicans running. For School Board, I need only one piece of information. Is the candidate a former teacher, currently a teacher, married to a teacher, ever in a union. That's my litmus test if I don't know the candidate.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Has your community newspaper been running a series on the candidates? It's probably the only source (though edited) for information on the players. In Chuck Co, the Independent has done an article each week on the slate of candidates for each position. Not the most informative, but when 90% of the candidates are Donks, I only need to look at the one or two Republicans running. For School Board, I need only one piece of information. Is the candidate a former teacher, currently a teacher, married to a teacher, ever in a union. That's my litmus test if I don't know the candidate.
Ok thanks Lenny. I don't get the paper, I read it online and I only read a few sections of it, but I haven't read the candidates forum. I'll look for it now. :yay:

I'm not likely to vote for Ehrlich again. Murphy, if I like what he stands for and
Lollar for sure. I think these are the ones that matter most right now. I like a lot of what Collins Bailey stands for but I don't think he's very popular with voters....is he?

Last edited:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Ok thanks Lenny. I don't get the paper, I read it online and I only read a few sections of it, but I haven't read the candidates forum. I'll look for it now. :yay:

I'm not likely to vote for Ehrlich again. Murphy, if I like what he stands for and
Lollar for sure. I think these are the ones that matter most right now. I like a lot of what Collins Bailey stands for but I don't think he isn't very popular with voters....is he?

Collins, for some reason, remains popular with the party-line Republicans. I think some of that is remnants of the failed earlier statewide campaign. He will still give Lollar a run for the money having a large number of endorsements.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I cannot vote in the primaries, but I hope Lollar wins the GOP primary because I would vote for him in November and I think he has a realistic chance of winning. I am not voting for either Murphy, Ehrlich, or O'Malley, because I really don't think there is much difference between the three of them. Ehrlich or Murphy would get in there and say, "We must take care of cops and teachers" to pander to Maryland left-leaners, which is just what O'Malley already does. None of the three are big on the 2nd Amend. However, Susan Gaztanaga is a big 2nd Amendment advocate, as all Libertarians are. If votes for her cause GOP to not win, it will teach them to pick candidates better. There is a Libertarian running against Hoyer too, but I am not giving my vote there. It is too important for Congress to come back from the Dems at this point.
While I don't disagree with you on this, you have to remember what we're up against. With the current reich in power, we might not have another chance. Obama will destroy this country if he is left unchallenged. I'd love to vote for Susan but I'd need to know that the majority of other folks in Maryland would also.

I've spent the last 3 elections voting for the "lesser of 2 evils" and I hate it! I have no problem voting an incumbent out though. Ehrlich had his chance and now he's done for. O'Malley wouldn't get my vote even at gun point, so I need to research Murphy and the other candidates.

ImnoMensa

While I don't disagree with you on this, you have to remember what we're up against. With the current reich in power, we might not have another chance. Obama will destroy this country if he is left unchallenged. I'd love to vote for Susan but I'd need to know that the majority of other folks in Maryland would also.

I've spent the last 3 elections voting for the "lesser of 2 evils" and I hate it! I have no problem voting an incumbent out though. Ehrlich had his chance and now he's done for. O'Malley wouldn't get my vote even at gun point, so I need to research Murphy and the other candidates.

I am going with Lollar, because I truly support him. There isn't any lesser of two evils here, only one evil who needs to be voted out. Steny Hoyer has to go. Lollar can get the job done, Collins Bailey cannot , it's just that simple.

Bailey is a nice guy, so is Lollar, and Lollar has the fire, Bailey does not.

Bailey cannot confront Hoyer in a debate, but I would buy a ticket to watch Lollar and Hoyer in a debate. Of course that will not happen, Hoyer doesn't have the guts for it. In fact so far he doesnt even have the guts to face voters in any public forum, he just hides among his supporters at partisan events.

Pushrod

Patriot
I cannot vote in the primaries, but I hope Lollar wins the GOP primary because I would vote for him in November and I think he has a realistic chance of winning. I am not voting for either Murphy, Ehrlich, or O'Malley, because I really don't think there is much difference between the three of them. Ehrlich or Murphy would get in there and say, "We must take care of cops and teachers" to pander to Maryland left-leaners, which is just what O'Malley already does. None of the three are big on the 2nd Amend. However, Susan Gaztanaga is a big 2nd Amendment advocate, as all Libertarians are. If votes for her cause GOP to not win, it will teach them to pick candidates better. There is a Libertarian running against Hoyer too, but I am not giving my vote there. It is too important for Congress to come back from the Dems at this point.

Where do you get the claim for this regarding Murphy? Murphy is a member of the Maryland Gun Forum that I am a member of and it sounds like he is a big 2A supporter. Is he pulling the wool over our eyes?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I am going with Lollar, because I truly support him. There isn't any lesser of two evils here, only one evil who needs to be voted out. Steny Hoyer has to go. Lollar can get the job done, Collins Bailey cannot , it's just that simple.

Bailey is a nice guy, so is Lollar, and Lollar has the fire, Bailey does not.

Bailey cannot confront Hoyer in a debate, but I would buy a ticket to watch Lollar and Hoyer in a debate. Of course that will not happen, Hoyer doesn't have the guts for it. In fact so far he doesnt even have the guts to face voters in any public forum, he just hides among his supporters at partisan events.
I'm with you on that one. I've never heard Bailey debate anyone. Hoyer might slam him but we know that Hoyer is an expert at lying and twisting. Democrats are born that way...

I just found these sites and it looks like they answer most of my questions about the candidates. Clicking on the name will send you to their site in most cases:

Politics1 - Online Guide to Maryland Politics

Republican Central Committee Charles County Maryland

Last edited:

Vince

Originally Posted by Libertarian
Haven't heard much on her. Read her stance on the issues and I like what she has to say especially gun rights.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Well the primaries are over and Murphy is out.. So is Bailey. I have no problem voting for Lollar and I will. Unfortunately, I now have to vote for Ehrlich so as to get O'Malley out.

My biggest fear in this election is that some Libertarians, Greens & Constitutionalists will vote for their candidate and take votes away from Ehrlich (who most Republicans will be voting for). This will cause O'Malley to win and we cannot allow this to happen to MD again folks.

This is why I started this thread. I cannot make anyone vote against their conscience but, if the folks in those other 3 parties vote for their people, they will have indirectly elected O'Malley again. All I can tell you is: Remember Ross Perot. If conservatives here were for the L, G or C party candidates and we could agree on those people, then we could vote for them. :buddies: