Lollar's got my vote...

ImnoMensa

It is too late for me to switch parties in time for the primaries (I'm Libertarian), but I will definitely vote for him in November and I encourage all Republicans to vote for him in the primary.

The election of Bill Clinton turned me from a Democrat to a Republican.

Now the actions or inactions of the Republicans are turning me to an Independent, since there is no third party worth turning to.

Charles Lollar is getting my vote in the Primary, because he has the fire to beat Hoyer.

I like Bailey, but he just hasn't got what it takes to beat Hoyer.

Beat Hoyer is the name of the game.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
With a name like Lollarcrat and only 2 posts I guess you would vote for him.

and

I would say this was KILLER SPAM but I'm voting for him too so I'll let it go

They could also be a plant. Why would a Lollar supporter sign up here as "Lollarcrat" and proceed to poll people about who they're voting for?

Themis

It is too late for me to switch parties in time for the primaries (I'm Libertarian), but I will definitely vote for him in November and I encourage all Republicans to vote for him in the primary.
I will definitely vote for Lollar in the Primary, and the General Election.
I have never been straight party line in my voting, and used to like Hoyer,
He helped a close family member of mine with a problem when they couldn't get help from anyone else. I can't believe the way Steny has acted since his "Vulcan Mind Meld" with Nancy (I want an investigation, into the investigstion) Pelosi. What little conscience he had has evaporated.
I have watched Lollar on a number of different programs and he seems Honest, and Straight Forward. He's got my vote, but only time will tell if I cast my vote wisely.
Is it me, or do most politicians seem to change a little:shocked: after they get elected?

Last edited:

Bann

PREMO Member
I will definitely vote for Lollar in the Primary, and the General Election.
I have never been straight party line in my voting, and used to like Hoyer,
He helped a close family member of mine with a problem when they couldn't get help from anyone else. I can't believe the way Steny has acted since his "Vulcan Mind Meld" with Nancy (I want an investigation, into the investigstion) Pelosi. What little conscience he had has evaporated.
I have watched Lollar on a number of different programs and he seems Honest, and Straight Forward. He's got my vote, but only time will tell if I cast my vote wisely.
Is it me, or do most politicians seem to change a little:shocked: after they get elected?

He's going to be holding a Town Hall meeting on September 10th at the Solomons Island Holiday Inn - go see him & you can talk to him & ask him questions yourself! He stays to talk to EVERYONE who is waiting to see him.

Or check out his FB page for any other events - he's out every day someplace in the 5th District.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
The election of Bill Clinton turned me from a Democrat to a Republican.

Now the actions or inactions of the Republicans are turning me to an Independent, since there is no third party worth turning to.

Charles Lollar is getting my vote in the Primary, because he has the fire to beat Hoyer.

I like Bailey, but he just hasn't got what it takes to beat Hoyer.

Beat Hoyer is the name of the game.

I voted for Collins Bailey in the last election, but I still ain't a big fan of his. Remember CCBOE's plan to turn the public school system in to a religious school system?

Bann

PREMO Member
Of course they change. They change because they owe favors to the campaign backers that put them in office and they forget about their constituents. They change because the power goes to their heads. They change because they no longer think of themselves as "the people" but as "the government," and are not as concerned with rights of the people.

Lollar doesn't owe anyone anything. And he's talked endlessly about NOT having to owe anyone anything. He's not into power - he's term limiting himself to 2 terms max.

DipStick

Lollar doesn't owe anyone anything. And he's talked endlessly about NOT having to owe anyone anything. He's not into power - he's term limiting himself to 2 terms max.

Not talking about Lollar, but a lot of politicans are for term limits. Think they'd ever vote for 'em though? Bailey says he's for term limits in Congress, but what about his own term in the Charles County Board of Education? He sure doesn't have a problem with no term limits there!

Bann

PREMO Member
Not talking about Lollar, but a lot of politicans are for term limits. Think they'd ever vote for 'em though? Bailey says he's for term limits in Congress, but what about his own term in the Charles County Board of Education? He sure doesn't have a problem with no term limits there!

Well, Lollar isn't Bailey. I've met Lollar quite a number of times, I've met his campaign people. I've been to more than 1 event of his and I've watched him speak over & over. I trust him, I believe him. He's not running for himself. It's not about him - it's about US. He has vowed & declared publicly over & over he is not going to serve more than 2 terms (if the people re-elect him).

Don't take my word for it. Go see him for yourself and get your answers in person. That's what I did.

DipStick

Well, Lollar isn't Bailey. I've met Lollar quite a number of times, I've met his campaign people. I've been to more than 1 event of his and I've watched him speak over & over. I trust him, I believe him. He's not running for himself. It's not about him - it's about US. He has vowed & declared publicly over & over he is not going to serve more than 2 terms (if the people re-elect him).

Don't take my word for it. Go see him for yourself and get your answers in person. That's what I did.

I've heard a lot of good things about Lollar. Unfortunately, living in Carroll County, I don't have the pleasure of voting against Hoyer -- and being a liberal in Carroll County, my vote doesn't count anyways.

I'd like to see Lollar pull it off though, can't stand Bailey or Hoyer. I'm sick of politicians working for them. They don't, they work for US!

Themis

He's going to be holding a Town Hall meeting on September 10th at the Solomons Island Holiday Inn - go see him & you can talk to him & ask him questions yourself! He stays to talk to EVERYONE who is waiting to see him.

Or check out his FB page for any other events - he's out every day someplace in the 5th District.
Thanks!
I would really enjoy meeting Mr. Lollar in person.

ImnoMensa

Thanks!
I would really enjoy meeting Mr. Lollar in person.

It's not hard to do.

Anyone can meet him, unlike Steny he has time for everyone, or he makes time, a smile and an answer to any question you can put to him. He doesn't dodge anything.

It is hard to go away unimpressed.

Themis

Of course they change. They change because they owe favors to the campaign backers that put them in office and they forget about their constituents. They change because the power goes to their heads. They change because they no longer think of themselves as "the people" but as "the government," and are not as concerned with rights of the people.

Sad but almost always true.

I have fallen for what I thought was good men's political rhetoric more times than I like admitting. I have ended up feeling betrayed, and foolish afterwards. Kind of like a man who buys the Brooklyn Bridge 10, or 12 times, or like being a man who plays Russian Roulette with a single shot pistol(You know your actions aren't likely to end well, but you just hope for the best).
I think the best we can do is to watch them while they are in office more closely during their first, and second terms because they almost always end up selling their soul's to build a strong insider power base the longer they stay in office. Thats why men like Hoyer keep getting re-elected. Hoyer knows that as long as he keeps the voters of entitlement happy in the northern parts of his District he will be a "tough mudder" to beat. I think Charles Lollar is a good man, and has the best chance of beating Hoyer, but I won't be too shocked if the election ends in favor of Hoyer. So I guess all we can really do is spread the word, cast our votes, and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Themis

It's not hard to do.

Anyone can meet him, unlike Steny he has time for everyone, or he makes time, a smile and an answer to any question you can put to him. He doesn't dodge anything.

It is hard to go away unimpressed.

I've been very impressed with him as a man by just listening to him on the news, and cable programs. The first time I saw him was on the Oreilly, or Hannity show. He was on with a couple of other people, and at first I wasn't paying too much attention, but when he started speaking he got my attention. I was impressed by the way he carried himself, and with what he had to say. I have seen him a number of other times since, and have remained impressed. I think his years in the military helped him be "all that he can be". (just joking, I know he was a Marine). When i meet him I think I'll throw that line at him.:killingme

Mongo53

The opposition is Stenny Hoyer, I'd vote for a miniature Dachshund instead of Hoyer; I'm sure the miniature Dachshund would have a better voting record also.

My distaste for Hoyer, aside, Lollar is still a very attractive candidate, I will be voting for him. Semper Fi Charles.

Bann

PREMO Member
Mmm...excuse me, but I was talking about seasoned incumbents. I hope Lollar becomes an incumbent, and I applaud him for limiting himself to two terms.

Mmm, not trying to argue. But when you say "they change because..." I just figured I'd add in that Lollar isn't going to be that way. He isn't now and he won't be in the future. :buddies:

Themis

Mmm, not trying to argue. But when you say "they change because..." I just figured I'd add in that Lollar isn't going to be that way. He isn't now and he won't be in the future. :buddies:

"Bann" you've already made the sale , you can stop pitching now.
Do all of you realize that this may be a historic night! I am fairly new to the forum, but can any of you O.G's remember a political thread that went for almost three pages where everyone was in agreement?
I think we should get a petition going so that "Dipstick" can vote in our district. Then we can call the board of elections to tell them this race has been decided here(finished, done, finito), and that we think would be a waste of our money to let it go any farther.
Finally, we can all draw straws to see who gets to call Stenny, and give him the bad news.:thewave: