you fill this out?

Attachments

• Second Hope Application.doc
    73.5 KB · Views: 342

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
and then this.

A copy of my homeowners insurance policy?
HOA?

Attachments

• Second Hope Guidelines.doc
    55 KB · Views: 96

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Do these people ever adopt out the dogs they have posted?

I am really pi$$ed off right now.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I can understand that. I don't have time for a dog right now. Between my life, my chicklet and my two kittehs, I have no time for more.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Let me FIRST say that I did not READ the documents referenced in the prior posts.

So that will explain why I have NO CLUE what I am saying from now on........

My understanding from hearing about strict adoption rules is that the rescues have the animals' best interest in mind. The hope is that once adopted, the animal will be in a forever home (barring death of the animal or the owner(s)).

They do THEIR BEST to screen people however their efforts are sometimes interpreted as being too extreme. Case in point: I tried to adopt a dog years ago but was turned down because I did not have a 6' fence and a doggie door at the time.

Unfortunately home-owners policies are an issue also now as many BAN several dog breeds,and some go far enough to ban ALL dogs from liability.

So .... there are many issues that come into play .... I assume the aforementioned has SOMETHING to do with the reason you posted?

PrepH4U

Wow. Im speechless. Seems a bit much to me.

:yeahthat:

Unreal! No wonder so many back yard breeders are profitable. It is just easier to go buy a puppy.
Regarding the guidelines - on past dogs are they current on vacinations
ahhh NO! Why not? awww they are PAST

oldman

Lobster Land
I wouldn't give all that info to a lawyer much less to someone looking for me to accept a dog from them.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
xxxxxxxxx said:
DoWhat said:
Do I have to answer every question?

Some of the questions are really none of your business.

You do not have to answer all of the questions but incomplete applications will not be considered.

DoWhat said:
So why should I answer any of the questions then?

You know what, I am really disappointed with xxxxxx Hope. My wife and I are animal lovers, we treat them as our children. I am here trying to give a puppy a happy and loving home.

I guess I will go back to the shelter where I adopted my last 2 pups.

zeerex99

you fill this out?

Nope! I have a dog, four cats, two guinea pigs, a ball python and two fish tanks full of various types of fish. I don't need to fill out a lengthy application to prove my love for, or ability to take care of critters. Eh!!!!

BOP

you fill this out?

That's not bad. I usually judge these things on how invasive they seem. Although I have to say, I've filled out applications for my children to go to school that didn't seem to be as detailed. Of course, that was a long time ago, so my remembery might not be as good as it was.

BOP

Dang, dude. Calm down. As I said in a previous post, I judge these things by how invasive they sound to me. This isn't bad at all. You ought to see what primary, grade, and high schools require in order for your precious little darlings to attend their school. It's like applying for a secret or higher level security clearance for the government.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
We were going to adopt a Lab thru Lab Rescue and it was an even more extreme application system including home inspections. I looked at the rules and paperwork, packed the kids in the car, and went to the animal shelter. Our little rat terrier has been with us for some time now. And we may be getting another from there as well.

We were going to adopt a Lab thru Lab Rescue and it was an even more extreme application system including home inspections. I looked at the rules and paperwork, packed the kids in the car, and went to the animal shelter. Our little rat terrier has been with us for some time now. And we may be getting another from there as well.
Same here, but with a schnauzer rescue.

Why? Get over it. :rolleyes: If you don't want to apply through them, don't. It's very simple. If you think a dog rescue should do things differently, start your own. :yay:

Agreed... though I tried to take the "righteous" path, I felt it was too invasive. I chose not to put up with it so I ended up purchasing a pup from a breeder instead... it was very simple.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
It is also amazing how many dogs and cats are euthanized because of all this bs.

They think it is ok for them to kill the animals than give it to someone they disapprove of.

The SPCA in Annapolis did this to me before I could get approved.
They killed a beautiful Lab mix