Dresses

watercolor

yeah yeah
Hey everyone!

Fall is right around the corner, and that means time for homecoming to happen! It also means time to purge your closet of formals! We are in desperate need of new or gently used formals and wedding gowns. We had a great sale this past spring and have lost most of our merchandise.

When you donate a formal or a wedding gown you will be helping someone who is less fortunate have a beautiful night at homecoming or prom. Dresses are ridiculous off the rack and some girls cannot lay down a couple hundred for one night as a princess. So this is where you come in. We are accepting long and short formals for girls to be beautiful for one night. OR as a lot of people know weddings are ridiculously expensive. The dress being one of the main parts, can be a fairytale come true for someone who might not have a lot to spend.

We will give you a tax write off for 2010 in return! The sales from these dresses will not only help those attend homecoming or prom, but it will also help those fighting breast cancer!

Here are the criteria's for donations (and yes, there are some, very little, however we want to make sure that these dresses are fit for a beautiful night out or a day to remember)

- no rips, stains, missing beads or sequins.
- no pit stains, stains on the dress
- no accessories such as scarfs, wraps etc unless it is directly attached to the dress.
- no shoes
- no hem rips or tears present on the dress
- less than 5 years old (meaning no dresses from the 80's of 90's)

If you have any donations- please contact us immediately! (thanksforthemammaries@gmail.com) We will come and get them.

Please let everyone you know! We need a lot of dresses! PLEASE help us get the word out!

Then homecoming dress sale will be September 21!!! So we need to get the dresses ready and dry cleaned before they go up on the racks!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

watercolor

yeah yeah
We have always gotten a very good response from people with this. People are always so willing to help. It is great!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Ya'll never fail when helping us! Thanks so much! We will be collecting dresses until the day of the sale- so feel free to drop them at the Tech Center in Leonardtown on the 21st!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Did you pick up my dress from Town Cleaners today? I think it i so beautiful. The color is "eggplant".

Good luck with your dress project and thanks for helping out the young ladies!
:howdy:

Hey there. Having to pick it up on monday! I am sure it is gorgeous! Thanks so much again!

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
Hey there. Having to pick it up on monday! I am sure it is gorgeous! Thanks so much again!

I'm sorry i totally missed you today. got sucked up into homework and time got away from me. i'll get it to you soon!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Hey all!

We are still collecting dresses. Please keep them coming! we need to bring our stock back up. Thank you to all who have donated already. Please keep the word going around!

Yet, we did want to let you know that the homecoming dress sale has been canceled for tuesday. The tech center withdrew for this tuesday due to sked conflicts. We will however be open to people still coming to look by a sked time at our homes. We are still trying to find somewhere else to hold it. So please keep on the lookout. We will post it here. THE PROM DRESS SALE IN MARCH IS STILL ON SKED!!!! :smile:

Again, we still are collecting dresses and you can still get a tax write off, so let me know if you have donations. Thank you all so much!!!

Tina2001aniT

Hey all!

We are still collecting dresses. Please keep them coming! we need to bring our stock back up. Thank you to all who have donated already. Please keep the word going around!

Yet, we did want to let you know that the homecoming dress sale has been canceled for tuesday. The tech center withdrew for this tuesday due to sked conflicts. We will however be open to people still coming to look by a sked time at our homes. We are still trying to find somewhere else to hold it. So please keep on the lookout. We will post it here. THE PROM DRESS SALE IN MARCH IS STILL ON SKED!!!! :smile:

Again, we still are collecting dresses and you can still get a tax write off, so let me know if you have donations. Thank you all so much!!!

Are you still collecting dresses? I have a girl I work with was asking today if I knew anywhere to donate them, I told her I would check.

ginwoman

Are you still collecting dresses? I have a girl I work with was asking today if I knew anywhere to donate them, I told her I would check.

Good luck getting in touch with Watercolor. She never picked up the one I donated last September. I emailed her asking her why and she never responded. I hope she's OK.