If You Don’t Build It, They Will Attack

E

EmptyTimCup

:duel:

they will attack again anyway .......

so don't let them build Park 51

Ground Zero Mosque Imam: If You Don’t Build It, They Will Attack

Everything we thought about Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf was true. Tonight, on CNN's Larry King Show, he confirmed it.

While the left continues to be romanced by his calm, even and soothing tones, he personally raises the rhetoric to new and foreboding heights with every television appearance justifying his plan to build a 13-story mosque at ground zero.

In an interview with guest host Soledad O'Brien, the Imam laid out his latest argument for the American people and his words can have only one meaning: Build this mosque or face the wrath of radical Islamists.

The man who continues to talk about healing and building bridges has thrown down the gauntlet. He created this entire situation by demanding that his mega-mosque be built in this exact location, despite the legitimate concerns of families of lost heroes whom he claims to care about. And now that the opposition of this mosque has fully engaged and has successfully swayed a vast majority of Americans to their side, he tells an international audience that if his plans don't go forward, America's national security will be at risk.

It could be that the Imam's threats, delivered in calm even tones, might end up doing more for the case against his mosque than any rally in the streets could ever do. And given Mr. Rauf's knowledge of the irrational and violent nature of the most radical practitioners of his faith, one has to challenge his judgment in even proposing this project in the first place.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

yeah America responds well to bullies ........

ImnoMensa

You people, you will never learn.

Tolerance and Diversity

We will tolerate and diversify this country right out of existence before we offend anyone. We certainly don't want to offend Muslims.

They are our future./s/

bcp

In My Opinion
yeah America responds well to bullies ........
Im starting to figure out that the "new breed" of Americans are cowards.
better not say or do anything because the people that hate us and want to kill us might hate us and want to kill us more.
Much better to comply with their demands one at a time until we are all dropping to our knees 5 times a day and praying their allah. Of course, they will still hate us and still want to kill us, but thats another story.

TurboK9

Im starting to figure out that the "new breed" of Americans are cowards.
better not say or do anything because the people that hate us and want to kill us might hate us and want to kill us more.
Much better to comply with their demands one at a time until we are all dropping to our knees 5 times a day and praying their allah. Of course, they will still hate us and still want to kill us, but thats another story.

What do you expect? People on this board were trying to tell me my son shouldn't stand up and fight back when bullied. :shrug: Of course they are going to piss their pants and run away when confronted, it's what they expect everyone to do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What do you expect? People on this board were trying to tell me my son shouldn't stand up and fight back when bullied.

*I* did not tell you that. I've always been a strong advocate of slapping a bully down. But I also don't believe in picking fights, which is what this Koran burning crap is all about.

It's my understanding that Park 51 is a done deal - is that correct? That it's already been approved, the sale's been made and there's no going back?

TurboK9

*I* did not tell you that. I've always been a strong advocate of slapping a bully down. But I also don't believe in picking fights, which is what this Koran burning crap is all about.

It's my understanding that Park 51 is a done deal - is that correct? That it's already been approved, the sale's been made and there's no going back?

How is burning the Koran any different than building the mosque?

I see building the mosque there (especially now that we are under threat, apparently, if we continue to protest), as a provocation.

I see burning the Koran as a provocation.

They have a 'right' to build the mosque, IF they recieve permits etc and follow proper channels and it conforms to zoning, etc etc etc but we all call it a 'right' somehow even though when peopple block the building of a WalMart noone mentions any of that...

Burning a Koran IS a right and NOBODY has a right to stop me, as long as I don't light the neighborhood on fire in the process.

OMFG, how do they have more of a right to build a permanent structure that will niggle at and eat at the hearts of those in NY that will relate that structure to personal loss every time they see it for the next lord only knows how long... how do they have more right to do that,

than some random bunch of Jesus happy whackos has to burn a book?

I mean seriously.

Either EVERYONE has rights and freedom of religion, or NOBODY does.

The book burning is classic 'freedom of expression'. The Mosque? Has nothing to do with freedom of religion. NOBODY is saying they can't practice their religion. Just that they don't want them to build a building in a certain spot, for reason. :shrug: That does NOT keep them from practiceing, and does NOT violate their freedom of religion. IE it's not like permission to build in a certain location has never been denied to anyone before. Jeebus.

Nucklesack

How is burning the Koran any different than building the mosque?

I see building the mosque there (especially now that we are under threat, apparently, if we continue to protest), as a provocation.

I see burning the Koran as a provocation.

They have a 'right' to build the mosque, IF they recieve permits etc and follow proper channels and it conforms to zoning, etc etc etc but we all call it a 'right' somehow even though when peopple block the building of a WalMart noone mentions any of that...

Burning a Koran IS a right and NOBODY has a right to stop me, as long as I don't light the neighborhood on fire in the process.

OMFG, how do they have more of a right to build a permanent structure that will niggle at and eat at the hearts of those in NY that will relate that structure to personal loss every time they see it for the next lord only knows how long... how do they have more right to do that,

than some random bunch of Jesus happy whackos has to burn a book?

I mean seriously.

Either EVERYONE has rights and freedom of religion, or NOBODY does.

The book burning is classic 'freedom of expression'. The Mosque? Has nothing to do with freedom of religion. NOBODY is saying they can't practice their religion. Just that they don't want them to build a building in a certain spot, for reason. :shrug: That does NOT keep them from practiceing, and does NOT violate their freedom of religion. IE it's not like permission to build in a certain location has never been denied to anyone before. Jeebus.

Here's the thing. Iman Rauf did not interject his religion into a desire to build an Interfaith Community center. He has the support of 9/11 Families and The family of terrorist victims, precisly because what the community center represented. An area for those of all faiths to comingle and learn about each other, without the hyperbole from either side. The intention was inclusion.

His religion was interjected for him, by those arguing against the Community Center (calling it a mosque was the first clue). At this point in the discussion the faith of the Iman and the Community Center are interlinked, but that is not because of Rauf.

It is not the same First Amendment argument as the Q'uran burning. A better comparison between the Q'uran burning and Phelps. Both are repugnant, but both are protected.

TurboK9

Here's the thing. Iman Rauf did not interject his religion into a desire to build an Interfaith Community center. He has the support of 9/11 Families and The family of terrorist victims, precisly because what the community center represented. An area for those of all faiths to comingle and learn about each other, without the hyperbole from either side. The intention was inclusion.

His religion was interjected for him, by those arguing against the Community Center (calling it a mosque was the first clue). At this point in the discussion the faith of the Iman and the Community Center are interlinked, but that is not because of Rauf.

It is not the same First Amendment argument as the Q'uran burning. A better comparison between the Q'uran burning and Phelps. Both are repugnant, but both are protected.

Ohhh it's supported by 9/11 families? REALLY? How many? All of them? Or JUST THE MUSLIM FAMILIES?

Link please? Do you have a credible source for this claim that 9/11 families support it? Evrything I have seen from 9/11 families has ranged from grudging acceptance to outright anger. Do the "9/11 Families for a Safe And Strong America" know they support it? How about C. Lee Hanson, who lost her Son, DIL, and granbaby, does she know she now supports it? How about former NYFD Deputy Chief Jim Riche? Does HE know this?

You do realize that this was NEVER billed as a 'community center' right? Not unti the crap hit the fan? That orginally it was to be the Cordoba House? That name holds a certain.. history? Or is that somehow wrong months after they changed the name to be more 'sensitive'? Who interjected the mosque into the building plans?

The American Center for Muslim Advancement? "Muslim Advancement"... Not "American Advancement", or "Muslim Center for Better Relations" or "Muslim Center for Building Community".... I'm SO sure they have our best at heart, for evry American... as long as the embrace Islam. :yay:

But Muslim Advancement.

Hah.

Whatever.

:rolleyes:

PsyOps

Pixelated

What do you think the purpose is behind building this "community center"/Mosque?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Light up, dude. But I reserve MY right to criticize you for it. Just as I reserve my right to criticize inappropriate mosque locations, Koran burning, and any other provocative action that I don't support.

So nyah. :razz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What do you think the purpose is behind building this "community center"/Mosque?

I've already stated that I think it's a provocative act, designed to piss people off to the point that someone takes violent action against them, then they can claim *they* were attacked and "retaliate".

In fact, I'm sure I've said it several times. And I have also been very clear that I don't support this Islamic community center crap.

So please - tattoo this on your forehead or something so I don't have to repeat myself *again*.

TurboK9

Light up, dude. But I reserve MY right to criticize you for it. Just as I reserve my right to criticize inappropriate mosque locations, Koran burning, and any other provocative action that I don't support.

So nyah. :razz:

Oh that wasn't directed necessarily at you, as we all know you're too smart to try to stand in my way. :neener:

:love:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I've already stated that I think it's a provocative act, designed to piss people off to the point that someone takes violent action against them, then they can claim *they* were attacked and "retaliate".

In fact, I'm sure I've said it several times. And I have also been very clear that I don't support this Islamic community center crap.

So please - tattoo this on your forehead or something so I don't have to repeat myself *again*.

Now it’s your turn to lighten up and stop acting like it's some sort of inconveince to repost something. I haven’t been on here as often as in the past and not reading your every-living-little post on here.

Yet... though… we agree on both this and the Koran burning idiocy :buddies:

Last edited:

Starman3000m

Here's the thing. Iman Rauf did not interject his religion into a desire to build an Interfaith Community center.

I watched the interview. The imam may have not interjected his religion but he sure played off of the Christian religion by quoting the New Testament Jesus' words of "Love your enemies". His is yet another form of deception since Muslims do not believe in the New Testament Jesus at all. The "Jesus" of Islam is known as Isa' and is lower in authority than their prophet, Muhammad, who calls on Muslims to eradicate Jews from the Arabian Peninsula; to subjugate Christians and all non-Muslims to dhimmi status and to kill any Muslim who leaves Islam.

The Imam's interview is a good example of Taquiyya; the Islamic method of lying and deception in order to gain advantage over one's enemy and Americans eat it up - believing this will bring "Interfaith" cooperation.

Giving Muslims the freedom to practice their religion will allow them to do the following:

1.) Establish Sharia Laws to govern their umma (community). This establishes a sub-governance over Muslim citizens in America where the Islamic law supersedes the U.S. Constitution.

2.) Muslims will be tried by Sharia court within their mosques.

3.) Demand that American laws not apply to Muslims.

4.) Imams who preach from the Qur'an will enforce the Islamic goal of turning this country into an Islamic society. Basically, calling on Muslims to engage in treason against their host country. This is happening in Europe today and what CAIR has in mind for the future of the United States.

5.) There will be more demands that public places in America become more "Islamic compliant" so that Muslims can freely practice their religion on the spot.

Islam is more than a religion, folks! It is also a social/political ideology that has a greater thrust than Communism ever had to cause the downfall of America. Just take a look at what's happening in Europe for a preview of what's in your future.

Nucklesack

Ohhh it's supported by 9/11 families? REALLY? How many? All of them? Or JUST THE MUSLIM FAMILIES?

Link please? Do you have a credible source for this claim that 9/11 families support it? Evrything I have seen from 9/11 families has ranged from grudging acceptance to outright anger.
Sure hold on.

While the lists comes from Wikipedia, they are sourced

Do the "9/11 Families for a Safe And Strong America" know they support it? How about C. Lee Hanson, who lost her Son, DIL, and granbaby, does she know she now supports it? How about former NYFD Deputy Chief Jim Riche? Does HE know this?
Dunno why dont we ask the September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows
We believe that welcoming the Center, which is intended to promote interfaith tolerance and respect, is consistent with fundamental American values of freedom and justice for all
How about the American Jewish Council?
the Cordoba Center should be built two blocks from Ground Zero. Any opposition tramples on America's tradition of religious freedom and smacks of Islamophobia. How could we possibly yield to bigotry? Isn't the center meant to be an answer to intolerance?
You do realize that this was NEVER billed as a 'community center' right? Not unti the crap hit the fan? That orginally it was to be the Cordoba House? That name holds a certain.. history? Or is that somehow wrong months after they changed the name to be more 'sensitive'? Who interjected the mosque into the building plans?
Its been an interfaith Community Center from the start. Maybe you should research before all the hubub, and the planned intention for the Center.

Your right Cordoba does have a significance, it is a Historical site that is important to both Muslims and Christians. Kinda similiar to 9/11 (specially since both Muslims and Christians were killed).

Iman Rauf has history of promoting interfaith cooperation, to the point he is a board member of the Interfaith Center of New York
The American Center for Muslim Advancement? "Muslim Advancement"... Not "American Advancement", or "Muslim Center for Better Relations" or "Muslim Center for Building Community".... I'm SO sure they have our best at heart, for evry American... as long as the embrace Islam. :yay:

But Muslim Advancement.
And? There are thousands of organizations for individual advancement of something or another.

If the American Center for Muslim Advancement is anti-American, then so is

Toxick

Splat
Giving Muslims the freedom to practice their religion will allow them to do the following:

Denying muslims the freedom to practice their relgions will allow us to:
  • Be fascists.
  • End of list.

They MUST be given the freedom to practice their religion, regardless of what you predict the outcome is. If the consequences are unconstitutional, then we must be vigilant and defend our citizens against any encroachments, but IN NO WAY should we prevent the free exercise of any legit religion.

There will be more demands that public places in America become more "Islamic compliant" so that Muslims can freely practice their religion on the spot.

As I myself wish - nay, demand - to have the freedom to practice my religion on the spot, I cannot begrudge someone else the same.

Nucklesack

Denying muslims the freedom to practice their relgions will allow us to:
  • Be fascists.
  • End of list.

They MUST be given the freedom to practice their religion, regardless of what you predict the outcome is. If the consequences are unconstitutional, then we must be vigilant and defend our citizens against any encroachments, but IN NO WAY should we prevent the free exercise of any legit religion.

As I myself wish - nay, demand - to have the freedom to practice my religion on the spot, I cannot begrudge someone else the same.

We've gone our rounds on this board, usually with one of us claiming the other has mental issues. My opinion towards faith is known, and i'm sure i've come accross more militant than i intended (hey things get heated in a debate).

Your faith is yours alone (well with a couple of billion others) until it affects others it is protected. I applaud your tolerance.