Obama chooses Boehner...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...to 'run' against in the latest effort to justify the work he and Nancy and Harry have done this past two years.

The idea, obviously, is to revisit the Newt years where Clinton was able to gain some PR traction vilifying the very opinionated and very visible Gingrich. I'll leave it to Dem's to declare whether or not it worked given that the GOP retained control of the House the rest of Bubba's time in the WH. In any event, it certainly produced some fireworks.

Now, Boehner. The only thing John has in common with Newt is the House GOP leadership post. Past that, you can't point to a single position the guy has, very much unlike Newt who had an opinion on everything. So, Boehner isn't much of a controversial figure to begin with. Hell, the few public remarks he's been making are rather conciliatory to begin with. He isn't even thought all that well of by the right let alone being a lightning rod.

I make note of this because it just seems like yet another air ball by Obama, be it policy or politics, that he's been heaving up since virtually day one. I mean, he's been trying to make the case for two years that the GOP is leaderless past Limbaugh and Palin and yet now he's gonna pick a fight with a guy no one knows and who doesn't upset or fire up anyone?

I guess John should call and say 'Thanks'? :lol: