Obama to award Medal of Honor to living soldier

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Yesterday, President Obama spoke with Staff Sergeant Salvatore Giunta to inform him that he will be awarded the Medal of Honor for acts of gallantry (in Afghanistan) at the risk of his life that went above and beyond the call of duty. Sergeant Giunta will be the first living service member to be awarded the Medal of Honor for service in Iraq or Afghanistan. The President thanked Sergeant Giunta for his service and extraordinary bravery in battle.

Obama to award Medal of Honor to living soldier - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

dontknowwhy

so now we're awarding illegals with the congressional medal of honor...this country has gone straight to hell with no hope of ever coming back...

Toxick

Splat
so now we're awarding illegals with the congressional medal of honor...

Nowhere in the article I read are the words "illegal" or "immigrant" found. Nothing in the article even suggests that he's an immigrant, illegal or otherwise.

His name sounds hispanic, but undoubtedly you're not basing your judgement on that.

this country has gone straight to hell with no hope of ever coming back...

Well... I do agree with this statement. But probably for a way different reason.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
so now we're awarding illegals with the congressional medal of honor...this country has gone straight to hell with no hope of ever coming back...

"Giunta grew up in Hiawatha, a town of 6,500 people near Cedar Rapids, and graduated from Kennedy High School. “Sal was just kind of an average kid going through high school, there’s nothing that stood out other than his bravery,” said Carol Sudmeier, a neighbor. “I think he really just found himself in the Army.”

In November 2009, the Cedar Rapids Gazette reported that the Army was pushing Sal Giunta for the Medal of Honor, though his nomination did not reach the White House until later. His mother, Rose, told the newspaper that her son was “a neat guy” and decidedly humble.

“The medal should go the guy on the right of me and the guy on the left of me,” she recalled her son telling her and his father, Steve Giunta. “We were all in the fight.”

Army Sergeant Salvatore Giunta Becomes First Living Soldier Since Vietnam To Be Awarded Medal Of Honor at Pat Dollard

Attachments

• sgt.jpg
    sgt.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 39

TurboK9

I for one appreciate it when the tards out themselves;it saves us all time. Read more about this hero's actions here:
BLACKFIVE

:yay:

He earned the honor. Some people don't know how it works... Obama didn't put him in for it, his command did, and they wouldn't put him in for the MOH lightly. All Obama does it sign it.

bcp

In My Opinion
Thank God President Bush had the insite to put such a brave man in the position he did.

ImnoMensa

Thank God President Bush had the insite to put such a brave man in the position he did.

I only wish he were getting the honor from someone who had served and knew what the honor was about, Not some dipstick who hates America.

Thank You Soldier, for a job well done.

BOP

I only wish he were getting the honor from someone who had served and knew what the honor was about, Not some dipstick who hates America.

Thank You Soldier, for a job well done.

Let's see if the Won can even pronounce "Honor" correctly. Especially since he knows nothing about the subject. That's if he bothers to show up to the Sgt's award ceremony. Golf to play, vacation to take, the down-low to be had.

:popcorn: