Read the Quaran in DC on 9/11/2010

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
It will be interesting to see how this turns out:popcorn:

To counter the forces of ignorance and intolerance, we are gathering near the US Capitol Building on Saturday, Sept 11 2010 to sit and quietly read from The Qur'an. This event is not about religious proselytizing, but about furthering understanding and tolerance (in fact, the people organizing it are all either Christians or Agnostics). Please join us for a few hours of quiet reading in the name of brotherhood and peace.

.... Welcome to Facebook

Here's one link where you can download an electronic version:
The Koran -- Browse

ImnoMensa

It's pretty unbelievable isn't it?

This is todays America. This is what voted our own Muslim into the White House.

Peole who's own guilt complex's make them doormats for every kook that comes down the line.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
A few hours of reading for peace? If they skip all the non-peaceful bits, they can probably be done in a few minutes.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
A few hours of reading for peace? If they skip all the non-peaceful bits, they can probably be done in a few minutes.

I think it's sposed to be more of a "it's the thought that counts" deal. Not sure how many people are gonna be there. I stopped by the facebook and they're making excuses about why they can't make it lol.
Fight the power! lol

bcp

In My Opinion
Sounds like a good place for a campfire...:whistle:
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Of course, just like the lefties did to Glen Beck when the tried to set up another anti protest right next to him, we could always have set up a read the Bible and learn about the real God right next to the sand worshipers gathering.
Since they saw nothing wrong with the Sharpton response, they certainly would have no problem with a like response from the right.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Of course, just like the lefties did to Glen Beck when the tried to set up another anti protest right next to him, we could always have set up a read the Bible and learn about the real God right next to the sand worshipers gathering.
Since they saw nothing wrong with the Sharpton response, they certainly would have no problem with a like response from the right.

I think this is an excellent idea.:buddies:

bcp

In My Opinion
lol!!! The counter reading. :)
I think its a good idea too. as soon as it was planned they would start claiiming that it was just to be irritating and to take away from the mooslums, their hypocrisy would shine through brightly.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
I think its a good idea too. as soon as it was planned they would start claiiming that it was just to be irritating and to take away from the mooslums, their hypocrisy would shine through brightly.

It's just a peaceful protest. I grew up in DC, so protests to me are not a big deal. I think a peaceful bible reading as a counter protest would be much better than the Quran burning crap.
That we are free to protest and counter protest is one of the things that make America great, IMO. I don't really have a problem with it. I might find some subjects distasteful but I still believe that as Americans they have the right...I support that right without necessarily supporting the cause.

bcp

In My Opinion
I grew up outside of DC
I still remember those peaceful protests of 68. (maybe before you were born?)

bcp

In My Opinion
How about a Pork Barbecue. Great place to cook some Pork.
Im all for that. and just to really piss them off, I suggest we invite some gay groups in to enjoy the pork (the grilled type) and the prayer with us.

I may not like the gays all that much, but I seriously dont worry about them flying a plane into my house or blowing themselves up (with explosives) in the middle of a busy mall.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
Im all for that. and just to really piss them off, I suggest we invite some gay groups in to enjoy the pork (the grilled type) and the prayer with us.

I may not like the gays all that much, but I seriously dont worry about them flying a plane into my house or blowing themselves up (with explosives) in the middle of a busy mall.

Cept it's not muslims doing the protest its Christians and Agnostics/Atheists. I'm sure they eat of the pig and #### of the butt.

bcp

In My Opinion
Cept it's not muslims doing the protest its Christians and Agnostics/Atheists. I'm sure they eat of the pig and #### of the butt.
I understand, but certainly if the terrorists in sandland are so informed on some guy wasting his money to burn korans, Im pretty sure they would be just as informed when it comes to gays and Christians smearing pork butt on their holy comic book.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
I understand, but certainly if the terrorists in sandland are so informed on some guy wasting his money to burn korans, Im pretty sure they would be just as informed when it comes to gays and Christians smearing pork butt on their holy comic book.

I guess but my take on the protest is it has nothing to do with "sandland" as you so colorfully put it and everything to do with USA.

bcp

In My Opinion
I guess but my take on the protest is it has nothing to do with "sandland" as you so colorfully put it and everything to do with USA.
this is were you are wrong, in my opinion.
the terrorists told the U.S that if they didnt let them build the mosque in New York at that exact spot, or if we allowed this guy to burn the koran, or if we talked bad about them in any way, they would get mad and attack.
The U.S folded to their threats.

What the president should have done was to send an engraved lighter to the guy burning the korans, and at the same time demanded that the mosque be built next to billy bobs jewish pig picking roadside stand.

The U.S caved in and we just lost anything at all that we might have gained over the last 10 years.
Just wait, now that our position is known, they will tell bammy that if he does not get the troops out of Afghanistan, and at the same time send billions of dollars to the taliban, they will get mad and attack. He will send the money.