Can McKay Win Back His Board Seat? Part 1

Clem_Shady

McKay claims he's being attacked by his political opponent and a fellow newspaper, but why?

Is it because he's an easy target?

It is because he deserves to be attacked and that he admitted himself that negative attacks on a weak candidate are highly affective once the public learns the facts about a politician?

"McKay said if he’s learned one thing during this election, it is that negative and attack advertising works. And they work especially well when you have a tabloid newspaper working for you, he said."

McKay vs. Dyson: The Post-Election Comments - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

Let's review Thomas F. McKay in the press and on the Internet. Let's shine the light of day on McKay and see what crawls out of his dark past.

July 28, 2010: Response by Thomas McKay to Personal Attacks

"While our county and state are overrun with government debt, burdened by excessive property taxes, and while our economy has most St. Mary’s County families strained with hardships, my opponent in the upcoming primary election has chosen to mislead you with inaccurate statements and accusations about me rather than focus on public policy solutions that will bring the change to county government that voters are hoping for this November."

“My opponent, Randy Guy, who recently joined the Republican party so that he could serve as the front for his allies, including the slanderous Ken Rossignol, has made claims through the local rag commonly known as the St. Mary’s Today that fly in the face of the truth and are a calculated intent to deceive the voters of St. Mary’s County."

Response by Thomas McKay to Personal Attacks - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

Several obvious questions arise from that article:

1. Was McKay ever a Democrat himself?

2. What would McKay know about hardship?

3. If Rossignol is truly "slanderous" as McKay claims, then why hasn't McKay sued him? He obviously has the money.

4. Why did the McKay's create their own newspaper? Was it created to counteract the political reporting at St. Mary's Today and cast the news in a McKay way?

5. Why is the McKay paper free?

6. Why did McKay's have Saint Mary's Today removed from their stores?

Papers removed from McKay stores

The college degree scandal

In the attack letter above, McKay had this to say:

“Mr. Guy claims that I lied about my college degree and that his associate’s degree represents a more qualified educational background. While there certainly was a mistake made in 2006 which I did not author stating that I had received a bachelor’s degree, I have taken full responsibility for the mistake, I corrected the mistake, and I have repeatedly apologized for the mistake, “saying that it was a difficult lesson to learn, but that I am a better person now for having learned that hard lesson.”

That's an interesting comment: "A mistake that McKay did not author."

Well then, what about this nasty blast from the past from a McKay campaign worker that authored a film documentary on his killer loss when he ran against Dyson:

"Messitte said he was impressed by Lewis's ability to make an objective documentary about McKay, whom she campaigned for while serving as president of the state federation of college Republicans. Several minutes of the movie are dedicated to the controversy that arose when McKay said he had a college degree that he had not completed, including a clip of then-first lady Kendel Ehrlich introducing McKay as a graduate of the University of Maryland."

How could McKay remain silent as then first lady Kendel Ehrlich introduced him as a college graduate?

Student Film On '06 Race Draws Notice - washingtonpost.com

More on the bogus college degree is still preserved here:

"The following information is from McKay's biography that appeared on the St. Mary's County website during his tenure as Commissioner President:"

"Following his graduation from college, Mr. McKay joined the family grocery business on a full-time basis and was named General Manager of McKay’s Food and Drug Company in 1985 and Chief Operating Officer in 1999."

Thomas F. McKay - Southern Maryland Wiki @ somd.com

From the Washington Post:

"McKay said that the incorrect information about a degree from the University of Maryland was the result of a mistake by an administrative assistant in the county commissioners office in editing his biography about a year and a half ago. The assistant read the information that McKay had attended college for over four years and assumed that meant he had a degree, McKay said. The county information was then transferred to his campaign Web site and the various election guides without him seeing it, he said."

And now McKay at his best:

"McKay also apologized for originally saying that he had a degree from University College, saying he "panicked" when pressed on the details of his educational background."

McKay Apologizes Over Biography - washingtonpost.com

Isn't there an expectation in this country that politicians are experts at lying?

And we're going to vote McKay back into office when he has a proven track record of "panicking" when caught lying?

Clearly enough on the degree issue, let's move-on to some of the murky issues, some of which are clearly covered in the press, while others are rumors and whispers in Internet Forums.

The Embezzlement Scandal

What is the truth on this?

Who did it?

I am a lifetime resident of St. Mary's County. I remember a long ago in a local newpaper reading that funds were embezzeled from Tommy Mckay's father's business. WHAT"S the story???

I saw Mr. McKay on this morning as well. Curious why he didn't come in here and clear this whole embezzlement thing up.

Mr. McKay should have made it a point to reply...since we know he visited this thread. It has proven that Tommy McKay doesn't have what it takes to be President of the Board of County Commissioners!:boo:

I don't know about all that but I do agree that it would have been a great opportunity for him to address these allegations. Hmmmmm.....

The Infamous $20 Bill, Drug Buy, Counterfeit Scandal Involving McKay's Son:

‘‘He’s not guilty,” Thomas McKay (R) said of his son. ‘‘The boy’s certainly not involved in this. He was associated with the wrong people, that’s all.”

"A court commissioner issued the summons on March 15 charging Eric McKay with the counterfeiting offense, unlawfully making an electronic image of U.S. currency and uttering the forged copy. A conviction for each offense carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison. McKay also was charged with possessing and issuing the forged currency."

Two charged in counterfeiting ring; McKay’s son implicated

Mckay admits "storing" one of the counterfeit bills in his Government office:

"St. Mary’s Commission President Thomas F. McKay acknowledged Thursday that he received a counterfeit $20 bill and stored it until detectives later identified his son as a suspect in a criminal investigation."

Counterfeit bill stored, turned in by McKay

Stet Docket, charges shelved, Prosecutor Fritz explains it all:

"St. Mary’s State’s Attorney Richard Fritz said Monday that Adkins, 21, and McKay, 20, each must perform 50 hours of community service. McKay is the son of St. Mary’s Commission President Thomas F. McKay (R)"

Since when do you get 50 hours of community service for being not guilty?

Why wasn't the case just "dismissed" instead of being placed on the "Stet Docket?"

Stet Docket Law & Legal Definition

‘‘Eric McKay at no point in time circulated any [counterfeit] money,” Fritz said. ‘‘The only evidence is that he scanned a $20 bill. There is absolutely no evidence to prove that he was connected with [the younger] Adkins when Adkins allegedly bought drugs with that money.”

"The prosecutor continued, ‘‘People [frequently] have scanned a dollar bill, Xeroxed a dollar bill or made a likeness of a dollar bill. I see [images of] dollar bills in newspapers.”

"Fritz said that no legally recognized loss to Carroll occurred from the younger Adkins’ alleged use of the counterfeit money."

‘‘You cannot defraud someone out of contraband,” the prosecutor said. ‘‘The state’s best witness against Adkins would have been a drug dealer.”

What a mess, it's hard to determine if Fritz is the prosecutor or the defense lawyer with these statements, isn't it?

Prosecutors shelve last counterfeiting case

Last edited:

Themis

McKay claims he's being attacked by his political opponent and a fellow newspaper, but why?

It is because he deserves to be attacked and that he admitted himself that negative attacks on a weak candidate are highly affective once the public learns the facts about a politician?
"McKay said if he’s learned one thing during this election, it is that negative and attack advertising works. And they work especially well when you have a tabloid newspaper working for you, he said."
McKay vs. Dyson: The Post-Election Comments - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News
Let's review Thomas F. McKay in the press and on the Internet. Let's shine the light of day on McKay and see what crawls out of his dark past.

Was McKay ever a Democrat himself?
What would McKay know about hardship?
If Rossignol is truly "slanderous" as McKay claims, then why hasn't McKay sued him? He obviously has the money.
Why did the McKay's create their own newspaper? Was it created to counteract the political reporting at St. Mary's Today and cast the news in a McKay way?

Why is the McKay paper free?

The Embezzlement Scandal

The Infamous $20 Bill, Drug Buy, Counterfeit Scandal Involving McKay's Son:[/U

Over 24 hrs, and no response from your Fan Club. I think I'll help them get the ball rolling.
**!XXX*!#*#XX#*!XX*!*#X~**X YOU[/SIZE]! for resorting to providing links to verify your>>>X*X!X@*X*!*#@XX statements about our beloved Uncle Tom!!!!!!!!!!! No one believes anything that was printed in all of those XXX#%*&#**XX Rag Sources you provided!!!!!!!!! WE all know that your're every xX!XX##XX**!&XX!*X#**X!X named "Brown" that ever lived on the Planet!!!!! Your're Insane ! Jealous! Hater! You hate me cause I'm beautiful, and never worked a day in my life! So stick that in the pockets of the trunk in my trunk in the safe of your my mercedes, while your rotting in work release, or Iraq for the next 625 years with you're whole XXX!*&%!#X!XX**&#!@XX! family!!!!!!!! You keep slamming my beloved S.A. Dick Fritz, well let me tell you somthin Mr XZx!*^$%#!**XX!*v0zxXZ! smart guy!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love "Dick" and so does my whole family and evebody else in MD,and we are goint all vote for him on----er--uh--er what ever day we vote next year!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO THRE!!!!! Who's the FOOL Now????????

No need for thank's, I handled that Poonk myself folks.

Last edited:

Clem_Shady

Over 24 hrs, and no response from your Fan Club. I think I'll help them get the ball rolling.
**!XXX*!#*#XX#*!XX*!*#X~**X YOU[/SIZE]! for resorting to providing links to verify your>>>X*X!X@*X*!*#@XX statements about our beloved Uncle Tom!!!!!!!!!!! No one believes anything that was printed in all of those XXX#%*&#**XX Rag Sources you provided!!!!!!!!! WE all know that your're every xX!XX##XX**!&XX!*X#**X!X named "Brown" that ever lived on the Planet!!!!! Your're Insane ! Jealous! Hater! You hate me cause I'm beautiful, and never worked a day in my life! So stick that in the pockets of the trunk in my trunk in the safe of your my mercedes, while your rotting in work release, or Iraq for the next 625 years with you're whole XXX!*&%!#X!XX**&#!@XX! family!!!!!!!! You keep slamming my beloved S.A. Dick Fritz, well let me tell you somthin Mr XZx!*^$%#!**XX!*v0zxXZ! smart guy!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love "Dick" and so does my whole family and evebody else in MD,and we are goint all vote for him on----er--uh--er what ever day we vote next year!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO THRE!!!!! Who's the FOOL Now????????

Thanks, but can we just "focus on the facts?"

Clem_Shady

Dear Vrai,

Please come clear-up the misunderstandings in all of these quotes and articles.

Thanks

Your friend Clem

:flowers:

Annoying_Boy

Was McKay ever a Democrat himself?
What would McKay know about hardship?
If Rossignol is truly "slanderous" as McKay claims, then why hasn't McKay sued him? He obviously has the money.
Why did the McKay's create their own newspaper? Was it created to counteract the political reporting at St. Mary's Today and cast the news in a McKay way?

Why is the McKay paper free?

The Embezzlement Scandal

The Infamous $20 Bill, Drug Buy, Counterfeit Scandal Involving McKay's Son:[/U

i know plenty of people that talk like that at the fop