Freeze coming

ImnoMensa

Say Goodbye to Sunspots? - ScienceNOW

Thjis band of scientists say a new ice age is coming.
We better start buying cars that burn more fuel.
We better start adding more carbon to the atmosphere.

Do any of them have a clue?

Global warming is about making a few people rich with a carbon credit scam, they have no more idea what is coming than I do which is none.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you

Global warming is about making a few people rich with a carbon credit scam, they have no more idea what is coming than I do which is none.

Yes, it should get here around November/December. Call me crazy but I predict a new round of global warming somewhere around....let's say Spring.:bigwhoop:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Yes, it should get here around November/December. Call me crazy but I predict a new round of global warming somewhere around....let's say Spring.:bigwhoop:

I'll go one even better. I'll wager just the opposite happens in the Southern Hemisphere at the same time.

Vince

:roflmao:

I love this stuff!
Which stuff? Global warming or the fact that it's the biggest bunch of BS, money making scheme going? Hey Vrai, there's a GRQ scheme. We can get a boat load of money to research global warming in southern Maryland. We put the temp changes on somd.com and if it warms up, Global Warming. If it cools off, oops, sorry, no global warming. And the government gives us a couple million. I get half cause it's my idea.

BOP

I'm reporting this fishy post and it's misinformation about Obamacare...er, I mean, global warming to somebody! By gawd!

Pushrod

Patriot

Jeesh, I just posted about this three days ago on here (not this article, but my thoughts concerning sun activity and global temperatures)
http://forums.somd.com/news-current-events/213626-science-scorned-2.html#post4381276

Yes, there is GLOBAL WARMING!!!!
But... There is also GLOBAL COOLING! This planet has gone through cycles of both since its inception! The question is, can we, people of this planet, effect climate change and are we doing it now?
My feelings are that it is possible that we could, as some models reflect that hypothesis, but it is not likely. As I stated in the above thread, Sun activity, including Sun Spots and Coronal Mass Ejections have been down and are predicted to be low in the next cycle which is just getting ramped up. The new cycle did start out pretty active, with several large CME's which have correlated well with the hotter temperatures that we have seen this summer.

It will be interesting to see if the activity peaks up to normal or stays low as many solar scientist predict, or disapear all together for a period of time, which would not be a good thing for us as a species.

bcp

In My Opinion
I find it amazing that the fear of a new ice age comes in the fall, and the fear of global warming is big in spring.

I wonder if there is a reason for this.
I wonder if anyone is actually stupid enough to fall for it? (other than liberals)

Otter

Nothing to see here
Jeesh, I just posted about this three days ago on here (not this article, but my thoughts concerning sun activity and global temperatures)
http://forums.somd.com/news-current-events/213626-science-scorned-2.html#post4381276

But... There is also GLOBAL COOLING! This planet has gone through cycles of both since its inception! The question is, can we, people of this planet, effect climate change and are we doing it now?
My feelings are that it is possible that we could, as some models reflect that hypothesis, but it is not likely. As I stated in the above thread, Sun activity, including Sun Spots and Coronal Mass Ejections have been down and are predicted to be low in the next cycle which is just getting ramped up. The new cycle did start out pretty active, with several large CME's which have correlated well with the hotter temperatures that we have seen this summer.

It will be interesting to see if the activity peaks up to normal or stays low as many solar scientist predict, or disapear all together for a period of time, which would not be a good thing for us as a species.

:nono: No such thing as Global Warming or Cooling...Get with the times, dude.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you

Hey, I'm no mensa. By that I mean I'm no mensa not that I'm imnomensa. Gawd it might take a Mensa to figure this out. In other words:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: