Nuclear plants - boost economy/enviroment

This_person

The Greens and oil and coal people are not going to allow this.
Well, here in southern MD, it appears the greedies won't allow it to expand. Seems Constellation is trying to #### over their partners in building a third reactor, and that third reactor is likely to not happen now.

royhobie

hobieflyer
I used to work at a Nuclear Plant. The NRC gave me substantial training at a huge expense to you, the taxpayer. Nuclear energy isn't any where near as clean as some folks make it out to be. The third reactor was not stopped by any of us. There is "internal issues" that can not be discussed which is slowing the process. Items of concern that you have no idea about. Probably good in the long run. However, it "will" eventually be built. Hopefully after the "issues" are ironed out I hope.

This_person

I used to work at a Nuclear Plant. The NRC gave me substantial training at a huge expense to you, the taxpayer. Nuclear energy isn't any where near as clean as some folks make it out to be. The third reactor was not stopped by any of us. There is "internal issues" that can not be discussed which is slowing the process. Items of concern that you have no idea about. Probably good in the long run. However, it "will" eventually be built. Hopefully after the "issues" are ironed out I hope.
Since when does the NRC give training at taxpayer expense to nuclear plant employees?

The "internal issues" are CEG trying to force EDF to buy plants they don't want. EDF has already tried to back out of the deal due to the political climate in MD, and Mayo's greed and ignorance will be the nail in the coffin.

Bonehead

Hmmmmm

It is astounding to me as a Constellation employee that I would find out about this via the internet. I am NOT a fan of EDF their plants in the consruction phase overseas are running into huge cost over runs. The design is seen as overly coplex. They as a company are less than green. Very dirty reprocessing cycle that pollutes grossly. They claim 90% reuse when in reality it is more like 10%. They store most of the "reclaimed" fuel in gaseous form in steel barrels at a site in Russia. These barrels are stored outside under no cover. The "reclaimed fuel" travels 1400 by rail miles to get there. To EDF I say bon voyage, don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out !

Bonehead - do you have any thoughts on the idea that this might be a negotiating tactic by Constellation to get better terms from the government, to force EDF to buy its coal-fired power plants, or both? I realize you might prefer not to comment or speculate, and understand if that's the case.

This_person

Bonehead - do you have any thoughts on the idea that this might be a negotiating tactic by Constellation to get better terms from the government, to force EDF to buy its coal-fired power plants, or both? I realize you might prefer not to comment or speculate, and understand if that's the case.

My guess would be "to force EDF to buy its ####ty plants"

royhobie

hobieflyer
In response to "This Person", they have been doing that for quite some time. Similar to Defense Dept. employees training "their" contractors I guess you could say. The training I had was "special shall we say", so I guess the NRC had to pay more attention to what I was receiving. It is good that it is a dead issue for now. However, with the MD Gov. directly involved, along with the Federal Executive Branch, it will be raised from the ashes and will be eventually built. Just a matter of when. I could get in to a list of why it isn't a good idea, but this would be useless since it will be built in time. You'll see.

Bonehead

Oh yeah

Probably an even mixture of both. This Company has definitely changed for the worse in the last ten years. I have been there since 1980.

This_person

In response to "This Person", they have been doing that for quite some time. Similar to Defense Dept. employees training "their" contractors I guess you could say. The training I had was "special shall we say", so I guess the NRC had to pay more attention to what I was receiving. It is good that it is a dead issue for now. However, with the MD Gov. directly involved, along with the Federal Executive Branch, it will be raised from the ashes and will be eventually built. Just a matter of when. I could get in to a list of why it isn't a good idea, but this would be useless since it will be built in time. You'll see.

What position did you have that the taxpayer paid for?