KISS: Patriots only

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
You know, we used to sing these in school. Course I went to DOD schools caise Daddy was in the Air Force.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
still think G. Simmons is wierd.

Gene Simmons is an immigrant who was brought here as a kid and took to heart everything his mom taught him about the land of opportunity and the limitations of other lands.

He is and was and always will be a 100% hardcore capitalist pursuing life, liberty and happiness as he sees fit, as our nation offers.

As part of that understanding, he has always expressed an understanding that what seperates us from other nations, what keeps our opportunity and freedoms safe is our military.

Call him a huckster, call him a sell out, call his sincerity profit based. Call him what you will. Just don't forget to add patriot.

:buddies:

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I've been a KISS fan since the begining- Rock on Gene, thanks for supporting us!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I've been a KISS fan since the begining-

I was early on. Kiss wrote some of the greatest rock songs of all time and were setting the new standard in excellence. They traded that to follow the whims of fashion and chase current trends instead of continuing to do what they did.

It's just this amazing oddity of music in our age, the last 40 years or so. A band like Kiss comes out of nowhere with a new thing that catches on because it's GOOD, not trendy. Then, they get success, all the creativity dries up along with the motivation and then they do the easy thing; stick whetted finger into the air and follow the breeze totally forgetting that they already made their OWN trend.

I mean, Frank Sinatra, Glen Miller, Elvis, motown, CCR, the Beatles, the Stones, Johnny Cash, they all did what they do and that's it. And that makes them timeless.

They never went dicso. They never tried to sell lunchboxes.

Last edited:

Matthew

Gene Simmons is an immigrant who was brought here as a kid and took to heart everything his mom taught him about the land of opportunity and the limitations of other lands.

He is and was and always will be a 100% hardcore capitalist pursuing life, liberty and happiness as he sees fit, as our nation offers.

As part of that understanding, he has always expressed an understanding that what seperates us from other nations, what keeps our opportunity and freedoms safe is our military.

Call him a huckster, call him a sell out, call his sincerity profit based. Call him what you will. Just don't forget to add patriot.

:buddies:

I can identify with Mr Simmons and echo his sentiments.

bulldog

YouTube - Gene Simmons Military Tribute
Copy and paste. still think G. Simmons is wierd.

Some pretty serious editing going on in that video. From one second to the next he has his shades on...or not, has a napkin or hankie in his hand or not and the next second, during the same song, it's the other way. Pretty obvious if you look at it. I doubt seriously if he's taking taking the shade off and putting them back on that quickly...especially since you never see him holding them.
Good video, no doubt that he is doing a great thing for the service members, but something is just off.