Suckers: You Didn't Even Get the Whole Farm

Clem_Shady

"At this week’s public hearing on the possible locations for a new Leonardtown Library, Public Works Director George Erichsen displayed a plat showing that the part of the Hayden Farm which fronts Rt. 245 near the SMECO facility and has the highest value didn’t even come with the purchase of the property at $5.3 million. He also disclosed at the meeting that the county is still in the evaluation period of the contract and has not yet closed the sale."

"Raley said that the front parcel of land that the Haydens plan to develop into commercial use on Rt. 245 was lopped off before the county’s deal with the balance of the farm."

Hayden Farm Purchase Article

Tax Records

Tax Record

Media Release

Hayden.farm.Meeting

Hayden.farm.Lease

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So what? We bought what we bought. Did you think the seller should throw in some extra or something?

Clem_Shady

How to view the Hayden Farm Plats

If you desire to look at the plats of the Hayden Farm, this is how you do it:

Go to http://plats.net

Login Name: Plato

Password: Plato#

Choose "St. Mary's County"

Choose "St. Mary's County Land Survey, Subdivision, and Condominium Plats"

Click "Advanced"

Under description, type in "Woodbury"

Select the images you want to view, they are .tif files that can be zoomed in and out on.

Clem_Shady

So what? We bought what we bought. Did you think the seller should throw in some extra or something?

So we overpay by nearly $2 million dollars and all you can say is "so what" as a response.

And you're the one who runs around preaching that you're a conservative?

:killingme

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
So we overpay by nearly $2 million dollars and all you can say is "so what" as a response.

And you're the one who runs around preaching that you're a conservative?

I think she's saying they were aware of the fact when they made the purchase AND what's done is done.

Clem_Shady

This is the kind of crap as to why Randy Guy is continuing on as a write-in candidate, because we've been left with two rotten choices. We can vote Russell, the guy who tips Bubba a couple of million dollars on a land deal, or we can vote for (I know you hate the word) Hambone, the liar, who pretended he had an education, and runs his own version of "The Rag" to influence county politics.

It's America, you vote for who you want and I'll vote for who I want, which will be Randy Guy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think she's saying they were aware of the fact when they made the purchase AND what's done is done.

Yup. If Hayden Farm was purchased for that much over its appraised value, I think we all agree that the taxpayers got ripped off. But if the land sold was agreed upon by both parties, I fail to see why we would care that we didn't get *more* of the land, the land that wasn't part of the deal. Landowners sell portions of their properties all the time.

So this thread is just you, Clem Shady, talking to hear yourself. Or typing to see yourself, whatever.

And on another note, every time I see you post it gives me an earworm. Will the real Clem Shady please stand up?

:jameo:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Is that supposed to excuse their idiocy for overpaying for it?

What would you have sold that farm for if you owned it? I mean you're pretty good at getting money from the County through lawsuits.

According to the SDAT site you linked to for tax/sale records, the BoCC paid the same rate per acre that WM Davis paid for his 4.5 acres back in 1996.

Perhaps you should blame the State of Maryland for requiring school sites to be located in development districts?

Perhaps you should blame the Board of Education for not acquiring an inventory of school sites 10 years ago when property values were lower?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
But bres, if this part is true, then its not done, and can be rescinded, I think.
If it is not complete then I need to ask if a public hearing was held on this purchase, and did those oppose attend and voice their opinion. If this was done, and the current board went forward knowing a majority of the citizens were against (somewhat similar to 70% of America being against Obamacare and yet it went forward) then blame them. Toss them out. But most importantly find some way to stop the purchase from being completed before election day. Otherwise no matter who sits in those seats, the deed is done.

But the way its being touted by the opposition is as a completed purchase by the current board. So if its not complete, the complaints are misleading.

Clem_Shady

What would you have sold that farm for if you owned it? I mean you're pretty good at getting money from the County through lawsuits.

According to the SDAT site you linked to for tax/sale records, the BoCC paid the same rate per acre that WM Davis paid for his 4.5 acres back in 1996.

Perhaps you should blame the State of Maryland for requiring school sites to be located in development districts?

Perhaps you should blame the Board of Education for not acquiring an inventory of school sites 10 years ago when property values were lower?

The problem with your logic is I don't believe they could have found a buyer during that time frame stupid enough to pay that much money other than us, the taxpaying suckers.

You must have tripped over this part of the article:

"A builder who was prepared to buy the Hayden Farm for $3.5 million, in anticipation of being able to annex the property into the Town of Leonardtown, obtain sewer hookups and build dozens of home, decided to walk away from the deal."

Clem_Shady

you can fire the whole board to punish them for the decision, but it won't undo the land deal. So essentially, what's done IS done on that purchase.

Why would you fire the whole board instead of those responsible?

Let's assign culpability:

Jarboe: Voted against the purchase.

Raley: Voted for the purchase. Soundly tossed out of government.

Dement: Voted for the purchase. Annihilated in the primary.

Mattingly: Voted for the purchase. Term'd out.

Russell: Voted for the purchase. Only one left to hang...

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
The problem with your logic is I don't believe they could have found a buyer during that time frame stupid enough to pay that much money other than us, the taxpaying suckers.

You must have tripped over this part of the article:

"A builder who was prepared to buy the Hayden Farm for $3.5 million, in anticipation of being able to annex the property into the Town of Leonardtown, obtain sewer hookups and build dozens of home, decided to walk away from the deal."

Too bad the article came from St. Mary's Today and not a reputable news source.

Maybe those folks wouldn't sell for less than the selling price that was paid?

How much would you have sold it for?

You weren't too worried about the taxpayers when we were shelling out $425,000 to Ken Rossignol back in 2005... And the taxpayers didn't even get a parcel of property for that price.

Clem_Shady

Too bad the article came from St. Mary's Today and not a reputable news source.

Maybe those folks wouldn't sell for less than the selling price that was paid?

How much would you have sold it for?

You weren't too worried about the taxpayers when we were shelling out $425,000 to Ken Rossignol back in 2005... And the taxpayers didn't even get a parcel of property for that price.

And just like now, you weren't worried about who caused the screwup and holding people accountable for the loss, were you?

Anyone get punished? Or, did they get promoted?