A taste of St. Mary's

shilo

We went to Leonardtown today for "A Taste of St. Mary's" sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. It was really nice. We got to sample different foods from local restaurants. I definitely found at least one new restaurant I want to try now after sampling their food today. The band The Geezers played, T-Bone and Heather broadcasted from there and all in all it was a good time. Did anyone else get a chance to go?

normalgirl

Yes, hubby and I went. We ate so much!! We liked the pulled pork BBQ sandwich from Smokey Joe's, and of course Bruster's ice cream. I loved the cake that Quality Street catering had, and hubby liked the shrimp skewer from Day-Off Catering (?). Rustic River was not my fave, although we like eating there at the restaurant. The only place that I really wanted to try today was Island Bar and Grill, but did not get a chance to get anything from there. We have been to the restaurant, and it was very good.

Which restaurant did you like??

ImnoMensa

Yes, hubby and I went. We ate so much!! We liked the pulled pork BBQ sandwich from Smokey Joe's, and of course Bruster's ice cream. I loved the cake that Quality Street catering had, and hubby liked the shrimp skewer from Day-Off Catering (?). Rustic River was not my fave, although we like eating there at the restaurant. The only place that I really wanted to try today was Island Bar and Grill, but did not get a chance to get anything from there. We have been to the restaurant, and it was very good.

Which restaurant did you like??

My wife and I went and had a good time.

elgskye

We went to Leonardtown today for "A Taste of St. Mary's" sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. It was really nice. We got to sample different foods from local restaurants. I definitely found at least one new restaurant I want to try now after sampling their food today. The band The Geezers played, T-Bone and Heather broadcasted from there and all in all it was a good time. Did anyone else get a chance to go?

Also went and had an awesome time! Had the crab dip and fried oyster bloody mary from Island Bar and Grill - excellent! Day Off Catering (never seen or heard of them before) did have a scrumptious shrimp salad sandwich. Cafe des Artistes NEVER disappoints - todays was particularly awesome! The beer stand that Rotary did was certainly a welcome "wet the whistle" place to frequent! Wish they had this more often - great time overall!

shilo

Normalgirl, we really liked Clarkes Landing. They had a crab ball that was pure meat, great cream of crab soup and a glazed scallop wrapped in bacon. That is a restaurant that I have known about for years, but never remember when it is time to go out to eat. I will have it stuck in my head now for sure after sampling!