Poor baby loses her car.

blacklabman

Her car was towed by Secret Service because of an Obamby speech near the site. Here's the clincher, she parked in a handicapped spot, put the sticker on the rear view mirror and left. The sticker is for her husband , NOT her. I hope her car (Lexus) has been chopped by now. BTW, she also also left numerous valuables in the console and the trunk.

Boo-hoo dumb biatch!

washingtonpost.com

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I hope her car (Lexus) has been chopped by now.
Update (found on page 2): car found. In a no-parking zone. No tickets.

I don't see why she didn't call The O directly for help. Seeing how he has been willing to pay for everybody's gas and mortgage, this should have been a snap for him to solve. :coffee:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I don't see why she didn't call The O directly for help. Seeing how he has been willing to pay for everybody's gas and mortgage, this should have been a snap for him to solve. :coffee:

If nothing else, I'm sure he would have apologized for America moving her car

belvak

Happy Camper
Update (found on page 2): car found. In a no-parking zone. No tickets.

At the very least, she should have a ticket for illegally parking in a handicapped spot! Nowhere in the article does it mention the husband for which the handicapped sticker was issued. If he was not with her, she parked illegally!

ImnoMensa

At the very least, she should have a ticket for illegally parking in a handicapped spot! Nowhere in the article does it mention the husband for which the handicapped sticker was issued. If he was not with her, she parked illegally!

The ladies car was found and she didnt bother to let the Police know. Her quote" Let them keep looking."

Arrogant a-hole.

bcp

In My Opinion
The ladies car was found and she didnt bother to let the Police know. Her quote" Let them keep looking."

Arrogant a-hole.
seriously.
If the pastor can be charged for not even burning the Koran, I certainly think that this woman deserves to pay for any time spent by the police searching for her car.

besides, lets look at this.
She Parked right outside the building. Locked the car etc...

She finds the car parked a block away, still locked etc...

can you think of any tow driver that is going to move a car anywhere and not charge for it? not to mention just moving it one block and putting it back down in another spot?

I suggest that she might have been coked up when she arrived and had not recollection of where she left her car in the first place.
Or, she knew she parked it illegally and expecting to find a ticket on it, she fabricated the moved car story to make it look like she did not put it there in the first place.

hvp05

If nothing else, I'm sure he would have apologized for America moving her car
:lmao: "To make amends, America wants you to have this brand new Lexus."

At the very least, she should have a ticket for illegally parking in a handicapped spot!
According to her, she did ask a cop about that when she initially parked and left the vehicle - and he okayed it. :shrug:

I suggest that she might have been coked up when she arrived
Racist. :mad:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
The entitled mentality! Why didn't law enforcement issue her a citation for illegal use of a handicap sticker!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
:lmao: "To make amends, America wants you to have this brand new Lexus."

According to her, she did ask a cop about that when she initially parked and left the vehicle - and he okayed it. :shrug:

Racist. :mad:

It was illegal due to the fact that the handicap tag was her husbands, not hers. The tag does not belong to whoever happens to be driving the car.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
I find it annoying that the article fails to mention the fact that she had no business parking in a handicapped spot in the first place.

BOP

Her car was towed by Secret Service because of an Obamby speech near the site. Here's the clincher, she parked in a handicapped spot, put the sticker on the rear view mirror and left. The sticker is for her husband , NOT her. I hope her car (Lexus) has been chopped by now. BTW, she also also left numerous valuables in the console and the trunk.

Boo-hoo dumb biatch!

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

She looks pretty good for 64 years old.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
  1. She should have gotten a ticket for illegal use of handicapped tag.
  2. Cop wouldn't know who it was issued to unless he had a reason to run it.
  3. whoever moved it improperly (without keeping track of it) should be responsible for her hotel bill.
  4. If this had happened to me (aside from the handicapped thing because we don't have one of those), and I had been treated the same way she was (police not answering her calls), I would have had the exact same reaction upon finding my own car. I wouldn't have let them know either.
This is total incompetence. If they (Secret Service) don't have a system of being responsible for vehicles that they direct to be moved, they have no business having the ability to move cars.

On a side note, no woman that I know who owns a diamond pendant and is on her way to a swanky dinner, would take that pendant off and leave it in the car, even if it didn't go with her dress! Especially in Washington, DC!!

S

shagger

The event should have been held at the St. Leonard Fire Department - the lady could have parked on the side of the road and traffic would have been stopped for her while she looked for her car.

hvp05

Writer John Kelly has taken an amusing perspective on this... (May need to sign in)

My sympathy for the woman who lost her Lexus when the Secret Service ordered it towed away from its parking space near the Washington Convention Center, the subject of a front-page story Monday, diminished considerably when I read that she'd parked in a handicapped space.

Oh, she displayed a handicap tag on the Lexus. It's just that, according to the story, she's not handicapped. Her husband is. That would be the husband who wasn't with her when she parked at Fifth and Massachusetts NE on Saturday for the Congressional Black Caucus dinner.

Now, there's no excuse for the Secret Service or the D.C. police not writing down where the car ended up after it was towed, but I have to think parking karma was at work.

bcp

In My Opinion
  1. She should have gotten a ticket for illegal use of handicapped tag.
  2. Cop wouldn't know who it was issued to unless he had a reason to run it.
  3. whoever moved it improperly (without keeping track of it) should be responsible for her hotel bill.
  4. If this had happened to me (aside from the handicapped thing because we don't have one of those), and I had been treated the same way she was (police not answering her calls), I would have had the exact same reaction upon finding my own car. I wouldn't have let them know either.
Nobody moved her car, it was right where she parked it.
Think of it.
What towing company is going to hook up, tow one block away, then disconnect without being paid for their time? NONE
She parked the car there and used the handicap tag to keep it from being towed.
When she came out and realized that the cars ON THAT STREET had been towed, she decided to try to see if she could turn this into a profit in some way.
another odd point. the money she is out for the hotel because her ride was gone.
She gets the hotel room because she lost her ride, then she calls her husband to drive from home and bring her the things she needs for staying over.
Now, if he could drive out to get this stuff to her, then drive back home, is it possible that she could have just had him come to pick her up instead? she could have gone home, made the same phone calls from home and not been out the money for a room.
Then by some miracle, she finds her own car the next day just one block away, parked up against the curb, still locked and everything where she left it.

No, she parked the car where it was, it was not moved and she is only trying to play the victim in a situation where she is not.