Tea Party Patriots

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They're supposed to be giving a press conference here shortly to announce a major financial donation. This must be news for some reason, so I'm fairly interested.

Mongo53

Maybe the RNC will finally slap their candidates that lost in the primaries to Tea Party members and tell them to get onboard and make nice and endorse them.

If the RNC is NOT going to include the Tea Party, they are going to end up competing with them, and as we saw in the Primaries, they are losing their base to the Tea Party.

If the majority of the Republican Party jumps to the Tea Party? Can they take the Republican Name with them? Make the rest of the Party that won't get on board, call themselves something like, "The Country Club Republicans", The "Blue Blood Party"?

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
The TEA Party is not a political party, it's a grassroots movement. TEA stands for Taxed Enough Already and is based on the Boston Tea Party protest.

I'd like to see it remain unafiliated. Maybe we can get some conservative independents in the Senate and in Congress. THAT would be cool.
Or how about an unafilaited POTUS (I know- not in my lifetime, but I can dream can't I?).

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The TEA Party is not a political party, it's a grassroots movement. TEA stands for Taxed Enough Already and is based on the Boston Tea Party protest.

I'd like to see it remain unafiliated. Maybe we can get some conservative independents in the Senate and in Congress. THAT would be cool.
Or how about an unafilaited POTUS (I know- not in my lifetime, but I can dream can't I?).

It will happen as soon as we, the people, stop voting party and start voting nation first.

bcp

In My Opinion
It will happen as soon as we, the people, stop voting party and start voting nation first.
I dont think we the people have time to wait.
to vote for the best right now is certain to leave things exaclty like they are.
Same congress, same president, same destructrive policy.

On the other hand, maybe if enough people lose their seats, those remaining and those new holders of said seats will realize that the people can and will fire them if they continue to do as they have been doing.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I dont think we the people have time to wait.
to vote for the best right now is certain to leave things exaclty like they are.
Same congress, same president, same destructrive policy.

On the other hand, maybe if enough people lose their seats, those remaining and those new holders of said seats will realize that the people can and will fire them if they continue to do as they have been doing.

If you got your way, McCain would be potus right now and Pelosi and Reid would be counting how many seats they expect to gain this fall.

And McCain woulda done some other stimulus while defending TARP. And he'd be talking some form of cap and trade or carbon tax. And more restrictions on free speech. And have appointed two moderate to left wing judges. And still be trying to figure out the difference between Sunni's and Shia's.

You may not like it but, sometimes you have to hit bottom before things get better. Mac, your choice, would have been more going down.

Or, maybe Mac would have magically become a conservative after having won and his entire career and record was just a ruse to fool Chris Mathews.

Of course, it woulda been less evil.

bcp

In My Opinion
If you got your way, McCain would be potus right now and Pelosi and Reid would be counting how many seats they expect to gain this fall.
And we may not have had this health care approved at the presidents desk (I know there are other ways for them to get around this)

basically the president is weak, has less power than people think. and can be derailed by congress. Even obama knows this, after all he is dwelling on how those minority republcans are stopping everything.

Congress is where the fear has to come. They have no term limits and they dont want to lose the seat.
If congress sees that their actions have cost them, they might (big might I know) rethink who works for who.

Those that won during the primaries for the most part were those that said, we are pissed at what congress is doing, and its time to reverse or stop it.
Now lets see if the message is a clear as we can hope it is.

bcp

In My Opinion
Gawd y`all r a bored bunch, like yr $.ooooow/e would make a diff. i don`t think so. sure u aint got yr 02 btl backpax handy???

henz & roosters put out 2 pasture??? :killingme new site logo.
:confused:

Welcome to SOMD.COM
Press 1 for English
Press 2 for Lance.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And we may not have had this health care approved at the presidents desk (I know there are other ways for them to get around this)

basically the president is weak, has less power than people think. and can be derailed by congress. Even obama knows this, after all he is dwelling on how those minority republcans are stopping everything.

Congress is where the fear has to come. They have no term limits and they dont want to lose the seat.
If congress sees that their actions have cost them, they might (big might I know) rethink who works for who.

Those that won during the primaries for the most part were those that said, we are pissed at what congress is doing, and its time to reverse or stop it.
Now lets see if the message is a clear as we can hope it is.

Then we agree! We're better off with Mac having lost and poised to take back congress with a renewed sense of right wing zealotry!!

:buddies:

Mr.Steed

This may have been the original intent, but the "TP" has now been taken over by the wacko fringe right. If you believe that this is only about taxes, then you are out of the loop. The social agenda of these anti-Americans want to turn back the clock on issues affecting women and minorities. In addition, you are sadly deluded if you think the TP is an unaffiliated "party", it is predominately by far Republican and conservative. Our own local notorious Town Hall Alliance members are examples. One poster on this forum and Lollar supporter, recently stated Lollar was pro-life but was staying out of a woman's womb. That is incorrect information according to Lollar's platform which states that he would use all of his power (if elected) to change law.

The Nazi TP fringe group is now holding moderate Republicans hostage and Palin is warning moderates that they better come on board. Time will tell if this warning shot will come back to bite the TP in the rear. What's very sad is the fear mongering and spin put out there by the right. It will take a verrrry long time to reverse the idiocy and economic down turn cast upon this country by George Bush and the mishandling by Congress. We still have not seen any plans offered by the right, just a lot of rhetoric about taxes and spending. Having recently spoken to some of the local TP, Repub., Town Hall candidates has been sorely disappointing because they really had nothing in the way of ideas, just the same cr*p over and over. One candidate was so abysmally ignorant of the Republican party and it's history, I can't believe that people are supporting him. I find it heart breaking that people are swallowing so much swill. When funding for infrastructure, schools, emergency responders, law enforcement, the military, medicare, ss, agriculture, natural disasters, college education and work force training programs is whittled down to nothing by a Republican TP Congress, then we really get to see how happy Americans are. I do agree that it would be nice to have an unaffiliated POTUS, it would be even better if all Americans could come together, but fat chance on that happening.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
hens set, old roosters just w/e. 2 many w/e bike bad xperiences. like in sedentary positions. u correct the typos.

press e 4 brains, while most neva get past 1. no hable dumch.t. :killingme

Wow. Just wow. I'm starkly reminded again why I removed my children from the southern MD public school system..:killingme

bcp

In My Opinion
This may have been the original intent, but the "TP" has now been taken over by the wacko fringe right. If you believe that this is only about taxes, then you are out of the loop. The social agenda of these anti-Americans want to turn back the clock on issues affecting women and minorities.
Expand on this please, what issues do the Patriots want to reverse for women and minorites.?

In addition, you are sadly deluded if you think the TP is an unaffiliated "party", it is predominately by far Republican and conservative. Our own local notorious Town Hall Alliance members are examples. One poster on this forum and Lollar supporter, recently stated Lollar was pro-life but was staying out of a woman's womb. That is incorrect information according to Lollar's platform which states that he would use all of his power (if elected) to change law.
Here is the cool part about Lollar. He may be for or against something, but HE understands that he is there to represent the people, not represent himself. WE need more of him.
The Nazi TP fringe group is now holding moderate Republicans hostage and Palin is warning moderates that they better come on board. Time will tell if this warning shot will come back to bite the TP in the rear.
wouldnt the left and their agenda be closer to a nazi run government?

I find it heart breaking that people are swallowing so much swill. When funding for infrastructure, schools, emergency responders, law enforcement, the military, medicare, ss, agriculture, natural disasters, college education and work force training programs is whittled down to nothing by a Republican TP Congress, then we really get to see how happy Americans are. I do agree that it would be nice to have an unaffiliated POTUS, it would be even better if all Americans could come together, but fat chance on that happening
The ones I see that are decreasing funding for these things are the democrats.
Of course, you need to cut somewhere, certainly cant be on any social service that is designed for the non working class now can it?

bcp

In My Opinion
Wow. Just wow. I'm starkly reminded again why I removed my children from the southern MD public school system..:killingme
Excellent move on your part from what I see here.

on the other hand, there are some on here that convey their message in a clear way that went to the same schools.

Last edited:

Mr.Steed

Expand on this please, what issues do the Patriots want to reverse for women and minorites.?

Do I really need to spell this out for you, really? Let's see, the right of a woman to have control over her body which is known as pro choice, and which the majority of America supports is at the forefront . Although this is not reversing rights as they currently stand - unpatriots desire to continue exclusion of gays in the military who desire to live openly and honestly. Unpatriots oppose gay marriage whether it is state law or not, and consequentially, oppose potential Federal acknowledgment of gay marriage which would provide numerous benefits for gay people who do marry.

Here is the cool part about Lollar. He may be for or against something, but HE understands that he is there to represent the people, not represent himself. WE need more of him.

No, he is representing his views. "Your people" are a minority, hence he is not representing the people. The same may be held for gays serving openly in the military, most people now support that inclusion.

wouldnt the left and their agenda be closer to a nazi run government?

Not really, they don't want a white washed, goose stepping, homogenized society that desires to exclude those who may be different.

The ones I see that are decreasing funding for these things are the democrats.
Of course, you need to cut somewhere, certainly cant be on any social service that is designed for the non working class now can it?

Hmmm, that's interesting, I thought the Democrats were spending away America's $, according to the TP and RP..

bcp

In My Opinion

Do I really need to spell this out for you, really? Let's see, the right of a woman to have control over her body which is known as pro choice, and which the majority of America supports is at the forefront . Although this is not reversing rights as they currently stand - unpatriots desire to continue exclusion of gays in the military who desire to live openly and honestly. Unpatriots oppose gay marriage whether it is state law or not, and consequentially, oppose potential Federal acknowledgment of gay marriage which would provide numerous benefits for gay people who do marry.

limiting abortion and not funding it out of taxpayer dollar is a far cry from making it totally illegal. besides, the woman has a choice in most cases when she has unprotected sex. Rape, incest and true health reasons are another story.
But, like all liberals you tend to take a couple little things and turn it into something big.
As far as gays go, they do have all the same rights, someone needs to prove that there is a right to marry anyone at all that you wish to marry.
all rights have limits.
However, the left certainly does want to keep rights from citizens, rights that are clearly written into the constitution like, the right to be armed?
How you all can see a right like gay marriage that does not exist, and at the same time fail to see a right that clearly does is beyond me.
Now, explain this damage to the women and the minorities that is certain to happen. (since you were unable to do so up to this point.)

No, he is representing his views. "Your people" are a minority, hence he is not representing the people. The same may be held for gays serving openly in the military, most people now support that inclusion.
From what I see, his views are pretty much following along with what the majority are saying. You are in the minority, and I think this is why you have such a problem with Patriots.

Not really, they don't want a white washed, goose stepping, homogenized society that desires to exclude those who may be different.
They dont? then why all the redistribution of money? why all the programs and laws that force acceptance and equality even when it does not exist in some cases.
Why all the money wasted on health care? why make one person pay for anothers care? because you want everyone to make the same, have the same, do the same. even if they dont earn it.

Hmmm, that's interesting, I thought the Democrats were spending away America's $, according to the TP and RP
again you fail.
The dems are cutting back on jobs, real jobs that real Americans hold. States like Maryland are cutting back on teachers, firefighters, police, government employees being layed off. all over a 1.8 billion dollar deficit..
and yet, the dems in Maryland saw fit last year to spend an estimated 1.2 billion on illegals, they just designated another couple million to build a community center for CASA to train the illegals how to try and blend in.
How about this, how about we get rid of the programs that cater to the illegals, and we stop paying their health care costs, and we stop allowing them to work in the state, and we make it illegal for them to send their money back to mexico, and then we use those billions of dollars to re-hire some Americans?
How about instead of cutting military spending, and raising taxes and fees, and putting new taxes on fuel, we dont waste good money on social health care? how about that?
Health care is a waste of money that is never going to do anything but cost us. and now the dems are talking about letting all the illegals be citizens so they can get the health care too?

face it.
liberals hate America, what they want is to live in the old Soviet Union.

November will tell the story. though, I expect that due to the large number of uneducated voters in district 5, hoyer will still be around to stick his head up Pelosis crack.

bcp

In My Opinion
By the way steedy
the dems today stopped the repeal of dont ask dont tell.
With only 43 votes against the bill, 3 of them were from democrats. 60 votes are needed to pass through the Senate.
The way I see it, those evil democrates are using the republicans to vote against something like this, then they add just enough dem votes to make sure it fails.
See, they really dont care what you want either.
oh well, maybe next year you can wear your dress to the Military ball,, not this year thanks to those anti gay dems.

Democratic Sens. Blanche Lincoln and Mark Pryor of Arkansas sided with Republicans to block the bill. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., also voted against the measure as a procedural tactic. Under Senate rules, casting his vote with the majority of the Senate enables him to revive the bill at a later date if he wants.

Mr.Steed

[/I][/I]
limiting abortion and not funding it out of taxpayer dollar is a far cry from making it totally illegal. besides, the woman has a choice in most cases when she has unprotected sex. Rape, incest and true health reasons are another story.
But, like all liberals you tend to take a couple little things and turn it into something big.
As far as gays go, they do have all the same rights, someone needs to prove that there is a right to marry anyone at all that you wish to marry.
all rights have limits.
However, the left certainly does want to keep rights from citizens, rights that are clearly written into the constitution like, the right to be armed?
How you all can see a right like gay marriage that does not exist, and at the same time fail to see a right that clearly does is beyond me.
Now, explain this damage to the women and the minorities that is certain to happen. (since you were unable to do so up to this point.)

From what I see, his views are pretty much following along with what the majority are saying. You are in the minority, and I think this is why you have such a problem with Patriots.

They dont? then why all the redistribution of money? why all the programs and laws that force acceptance and equality even when it does not exist in some cases.
Why all the money wasted on health care? why make one person pay for anothers care? because you want everyone to make the same, have the same, do the same. even if they dont earn it.

again you fail.
The dems are cutting back on jobs, real jobs that real Americans hold. States like Maryland are cutting back on teachers, firefighters, police, government employees being layed off. all over a 1.8 billion dollar deficit..
and yet, the dems in Maryland saw fit last year to spend an estimated 1.2 billion on illegals, they just designated another couple million to build a community center for CASA to train the illegals how to try and blend in.
How about this, how about we get rid of the programs that cater to the illegals, and we stop paying their health care costs, and we stop allowing them to work in the state, and we make it illegal for them to send their money back to mexico, and then we use those billions of dollars to re-hire some Americans?
How about instead of cutting military spending, and raising taxes and fees, and putting new taxes on fuel, we dont waste good money on social health care? how about that?
Health care is a waste of money that is never going to do anything but cost us. and now the dems are talking about letting all the illegals be citizens so they can get the health care too?

face it.
liberals hate America, what they want is to live in the old Soviet Union.

November will tell the story. though, I expect that due to the large number of uneducated voters in district 5, hoyer will still be around to stick his head up Pelosis crack.

Do you by chance live on the moon? Your TP fringe and many Republicans do not support abortion for any reason, period! And so gays have the same rights as you and I do, really? As far as being armed or not, you sure stretch the truth there, don't you? Many people on the left simply want better controls in place so that our police and innocent people who reside in crime infested areas are not mowed down particularly by automatic weapons. You TP Pubs want the old west back, this is why we have bigger government because people only want to do what they want to do, the hell with everyone else. Personally, I'll take big government any day, if it means I can live in a more civil place and enjoy a cleaner environment and all people get a fair shake.

With regard to all this hyper propaganda about illegal residents, they contribute more to America than they take away from, especially financially speaking. They work the jobs that Americans don't want to work, they accept less wages, they pay for housing, they pay for purchases and subsequent taxes, they help keep businesses going. I agree that there needs to be reform but I also agree for example, that young people who are are now in college or in the military and who came here when they were children (as illegal residents) be allowed a pathway to citizenship. By the way, CASA was built through donations/grants. Money has been approved to offer programs that are intended to benefit DOCUMENTED workers in their quest for citizenship; do some illegal residents benefit, probably. You Pubs mistakenly lump all immigrants, illegal or legal, in the same group.

And I fully support health care for all. After years and years of people screaming and belly aching about being unable to pay for health care, something has finally been done. I have no doubt that this will be a work in progress. People on the left are definitely true American Patriots, they love this country, its land, and personify the true American spirit of generosity and inclusiveness.

By the way, I just read that three (TP) Town Hall Alliance members have left the alliance, wonder why (said with sarcasm)?

Mr.Steed

By the way steedy
the dems today stopped the repeal of dont ask dont tell.
With only 43 votes against the bill, 3 of them were from democrats. 60 votes are needed to pass through the Senate.
The way I see it, those evil democrates are using the republicans to vote against something like this, then they add just enough dem votes to make sure it fails.
See, they really dont care what you want either.
oh well, maybe next year you can wear your dress to the Military ball,, not this year thanks to those anti gay dems.

I am already knowledgeable about this, bcp. It's sad that it was mishandled by both sides. It also means, thanks mainly to the Pubs, that soldiers will not receive a pay raise for the time being.