Brass Nads Award for Today

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
"If an accident arises out of the course and scope of a person's employment, the employee is entitled to worker's compensation, despite their poor judgment," said Bruce R. Cook, a Belleville lawyer who handles worker's compensation cases.

Ian Elfenbaum, a Chicago lawyer, said an employee can be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when an injury occurs and still collect worker's comp benefits.

"You can be reckless and even negligent while working in the course and scope of your employment," said Elfenbaum. "Negligence or recklessness on the part of the employee is not a defense for the employer."
:banghead: I'm sure Tilted will give us the legal reasoning why this is set up this way, but this case should be an example that simply because someone can [legally] do something, does not make it okay.

Mitchell has no soul. 30 months probation for negligently killing two people and injuring two others... after collecting 2 years worth of his $68K salary... and he wants more. :mad:

musiclady

Legally it seems that he is entitled to this for being injured at work, even though it was his own fault. I've known others who got worker's comp for their own stupidity at work.

HOWEVER, I thought worker's comp was to pay when someone was injured AND COULDN'T WORK. This man received his full pay for 2 years while injured, since he was suspended. So basically he is asking to be paid twice while killing two people.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Wow. And I thought the POS secretary at the front desk of my office who tripped over her trash can, fell, and tried to claim workers comp was a douche...

But this guy takes the cake!