Report: Axelrod To Return To Chicago

Severa

Common sense ain't common
CBS2Chicago

Senior advisor David Axelrod is expected to leave the White House and move back to Chicago next spring, CBS News reported Thursday morning.

CBS News senior White House correspondent Bill Plante reported that sources say Axelrod is expected to leave his post. Upon returning, Axelrod will begin working on President Barack Obama's 2012 presidential campaign.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs may replace Axelrod as senior adviser, CBS News reported.

The news follows reports that White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel might leave the White House as soon as next month to run for mayor of Chicago.

---------------

Couple of mental notes as I read this:

1) If our current President had an (R) behind his name, the media would be spinning Rahm's and Axelrod's departures WAYYY differently...

and

2) Robert Gibbs as senior advisor?!?! :killingme Are you SERIOUS?!!

Matthew

The thugs sense a change in the wind and are deserting like the rats they are. Now how do we convince the rest of the horde to skip ?
A republican victory in November does not cut it, A victory by those whom buck the party lines (both parties) and place the nation first, would be a grand spark.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
This same phenomenon occurred around March and April of 2008 as I recall. Bet Jimmie Carter remembers it around, Oh let's say, 1979.

acommondisaster

I don't think it's a phenomenon - most administrations have staff beginning to move on during the last 18 months to secure new positions.