Subway on Base

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Our facilities guy heard a rumor that the Health Dept shut them down after several people got sick.

CobbWeb

Not true

Our facilities guy heard a rumor that the Health Dept shut them down after several people got sick.

Health Dept. has no jurisdiction on base so that is false, Medical Clinic Preventative Medicine dept. is responsible for conducting inspections. Apparently they were cited for violations and a followup inspection occurred yesterday and the violations had not been corrected, XO and Prev. Med shut them down until they are compliant and a followup is done. I think they went a little overboard with the barricade tape around the building, the signs on the door would have been sufficient.

SdWild1ne

You can keep your change
Health Dept. has no jurisdiction on base so that is false, Medical Clinic Preventative Medicine dept. is responsible for conducting inspections. Apparently they were cited for violations and a followup inspection occurred yesterday and the violations had not been corrected, XO and Prev. Med shut them down until they are compliant and a followup is done. I think they went a little overboard with the barricade tape around the building, the signs on the door would have been sufficient.

what were the citations?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

WTFE, that's why I underlined RUMOR.

PrepH4U

I do not think that is overboard at all! They should have had a neon flashing sign also saying it is closed because they do not care about the people that they serve food to. :shrug:

DEEKAYPEE8569

That happened to me at the SUBWAY on GMR; two or three times. After the first time, you think I would've learned; but after the third time; I don't eat SUBWAY anywhere anymore.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I do not think that is overboard at all! They should have had a neon flashing sign also saying it is closed because they do not care about the people that they serve food to. :shrug:

.....along with a recorded message blasting over a loud speaker: "WARNING! WARNING! THIS ESTABLISHMENT HAS BEEN CLOSED DOWN DUE TO ITS BEING A HEALTH HAZARD!"

DEEKAYPEE8569

Great! I've been eating dinner there the last two weeks...wooooooohoooo

Just saw this:

"Subway onboard Patuxent River NAS has been closed for an indefinite period of time. Subway's doors were closed yesterday when it was discovered that the restaurant was in violation of several food health and safety standards including general store cleanliness and the sale of foods beyond their expiration dates. For questions, concerns or general information contact Subway at 1-800-888-4848, ext. 85."

thurley42

HY;FR
Just saw this:

"Subway onboard Patuxent River NAS has been closed for an indefinite period of time. Subway's doors were closed yesterday when it was discovered that the restaurant was in violation of several food health and safety standards including general store cleanliness and the sale of foods beyond their expiration dates. For questions, concerns or general information contact Subway at 1-800-888-4848, ext. 85."

Hahahahahahafahah if I die avenge meeeeeeee

zigg72md

Health Dept.... Military version of Health Dept.. BIG DIFF.:sarcasm:

As for INFOSEC. On the base is not necessary PART of the base.

Last edited:

ftcret

I'll take the Navy Preventive medicine inspection any day over the State of Maryland. The states guidelines can be summed by 'Try not to kill anyone'.
Some restaurants actually PAY to have private inspectors check them out because in the long run it is cheaper to have quality health and safety inspections instead of the half hearted county inspections and risk the bad publicity of food borne viral/bacterial outbreak.