Street Maps

seansgirl

Does any where around here still sell STREET MAPS? I don't have a GPS and need a map for all the streets in the Lexington Park area. Please let me know, I need a map with specific streets, not just an atlas

Does any where around here still sell STREET MAPS? I don't have a GPS and need a map for all the streets in the Lexington Park area. Please let me know, I need a map with specific streets, not just an atlas

Visitor's center in Charlotte Hall
Mapquest - zome to desired level of information and then print out all the different views till you get the desired amount of coverage and make your own atlas.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Who doesn't sell the ADC maps :lol: You can get them at Sheets, WaWa, K Mart and WalMart.

Isn't an Atlas just a collection of street maps?

:shrug: I've got a Virginia atlas that goes down to dirt roads

Must be a better one than most. The ones in the office here have little or no detail.

Ah, realization: the maps I have are USA Atlas, not State Atlas. A state only Atlas would have more detail.

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
FYI: None of the published nor most online maps are complete in this area. Many neighborhoods not mapped.(ie. Primevere and Dahlia Park in Wildewood. Abberly, Hunting Woods and Pembrook off of Willows Rd.) There are also numerous other roads/streets incorrect or missing. If what your trying to find isn't on one of those maps, try OpenStreetMap. I've spent many hours mapping the Lex. Park/California/Great Mills area and some around Leonardtown and Hollywood. I'm 99.9% sure you'll fine what you're looking for in OSM.

Last edited:

lisa8439

Not aware of your finances but a GPS today is both cheap and super easy to use!

GPS Guided Search at TigerDirect.com

:yeahthat:

It is a good investment, I didn't think I would ever use it but I use it almost everytime we go somewhere that I am not familiar with. You will end up using it a lot more than you think you will!

Downside is that after you have had it for a couple of years you are going to want to update the maps (or buy a more expensive one that does this annually anyway) because there are so many new roads each year (and it will also update new traffic patterns/changes to exsisting roads). Some GPS's will even monitor real-time traffic and other things so that you know which route to take.

dan0623_2000

Virginia Roads

:shrug: I've got a Virginia atlas that goes down to dirt roads

Lots of dirt roads in Virginia. Got lost on one and drive for over 50 miles before I found a paved road. Everytime I stopped for directions I heard dueling banjos and pigs squealing!!!!!