29B...Bohanan vs. Anderson

bulldog

While I understand that there are a lot of important issues in MD in general and SOMD specifically, one of the important issues to me is the 2nd Amendment and CCW. As such, I have contacted both candidates for their positions on same. Have not received a reply from Bohanan, but did get this from Anderson and am providing it with his permission.

First of foremost, I am darn proud of my NRA membership and I enjoy going hunting. It gives me great pleasure to teach my children how to safely respect a firearm and to be an accurate shot. But with the responsibility of weapons ownership, we must have the right to defend ourselves and our families as well as the legal ability to come to the aid of others. This is critical in a time of expanded gain violence. There are two ways we can accomplish this. The first is through concealed carry and the second is through encouragement of open carry. I will create and support legislation that helps make these basic 2nd Amendment rights available to all law abiding Maryland citizens. I support Shall Issue and will assist in creating legislation to help make this a reality in Maryland.

Thank you for supporting our 2nd Amendment and thank you for being a great American.

Most Respectfully,
Erik

smilin

BOXER NATION
Interesting post, gets right to the point.
I can't understand why we can't form a partnership with LEOs and law abiding armed citizens. Instead we are ostracizing legitimately lawful gun owners through more and more restrictive gun laws that only penalize those who follow the law.
Can't wait to see Bohanan's response

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I can't understand why we can't form a partnership with LEOs and law abiding armed citizens. Instead we are ostracizing legitimately lawful gun owners through more and more restrictive gun laws that only penalize those who follow the law.
Bohanan won't be able to supply a response until Hoyer tells him what to say. :coffee:

BernieP

Resident PIA

I think you will find that the "official" position of LE is that they would rather have an unarmed community. I can understand why. Don't get me wrong, I am a strong supporter of our right to be an armed citizenry. But those who argue so strongly for our rights often overlook responsibilty and plain common sense. We require more training to operate a motor vehicle then we do to own a gun. Not only that but combat shooting is very different from target shooting.
For a person not properly trained, the weapon they have for personal defense could well be used against them. That is why I believe LE has taken it's position. Poorly trained citizens pose a greater danger to themselves and LE then they do the criminal they are trying to defend against.
The key is proper training. Two simple, practical things, I would like to see implemented. Background checks - which can be done quickly and training. Not only initial training but refresher course to maintain your license.
Make the rules for gun ownership clear and simple to comply with.

dan0623_2000

Defensive gun use

If you could ever get the news media to report when a weapon was legally used for defense, you would be shocked at how many times it happens.to the good side.
I once had 2 people break into my home at night. When I announced I knew they were there and to leave, they replied I had better stay in the bedroom or they would harm me and my family. As I chambored a round into my legally owned handgun, I heard them say "Oh sh..he has a gun". I think they set a new land speed record getting out of the house and across my back yard. Most criminals are dumb but not stupid. If they think they may be harmed commiting a crime they won't do it.

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
Bohanan won't be able to supply a response until Hoyer tells him what to say. :coffee:

:buddies: I got a phone survey...and it painted a rosy picture of what Bohanan and Hoyer had done for us.

People should remember that it is there job to look out for our best interests; there's nothing magical about it. If people think that Anderson and Lollar won't do the same ( and most likely more) for us....they are seriously mistaken.

In one hand they carry a rod...in the other..a carrot. Don't believe the lies of the left.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bohanan is a liberal who voted for in-state college tuition for illegal immigrants. He spins that as "for all MD high school grads", but it was about illegal immigrants.

He will most certainly either ignore the question or will come back with some gobbledygook answer that has very little to do with the issue.

He has not impressed me at all, so once again I will not be voting for him.

Two complaints about his campaign website:

#1, it automatically plays music when you get to the page, which is just about the most stupid and obnoxious thing I can think of; and
#2, he needs to update his family photo, which shows his boys as very young - the youngest is actually now in high school.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If you could ever get the news media to report when a weapon was legally used for defense, you would be shocked at how many times it happens.to the good side.
I once had 2 people break into my home at night. When I announced I knew they were there and to leave, they replied I had better stay in the bedroom or they would harm me and my family. As I chambored a round into my legally owned handgun, I heard them say "Oh sh..he has a gun". I think they set a new land speed record getting out of the house and across my back yard. Most criminals are dumb but not stupid. If they think they may be harmed commiting a crime they won't do it.

the problem comes in when they decide to challenge you. Are you prepared to shoot and shoot to kill? How accurate are you when the lighting isn't optimal and your adrenalin is flowing? Where would that bullet have gone, had you shot and missed?
The answer is SHOTGUN. The most feared sound is the pump action shotgun. You don't have to be super accurate. You have a high probability of hitting the iperp and with the right load you won't hit people in adjacent rooms.

Nucklesack

I think you will find that the "official" position of LE is that they would rather have an unarmed community. I can understand why.
This should be cute
Don't get me wrong, I am a strong supporter of our right to be an armed citizenry. But those who argue so strongly for our rights often overlook responsibilty and plain common sense.
At the point you started setting guidelines you lost your abililty to be a "Strong Supporter"
We require more training to operate a motor vehicle then we do to own a gun.
Only for vehicles operated on public roads. You need the exact same amount of training to operate the vehicle on private land as you do to operate a firearm.
Not only that but combat shooting is very different from target shooting.
For a person not properly trained, the weapon they have for personal defense could well be used against them. That is why I believe LE has taken it's position.
Or, they realize a citizenry that relies upon Police for its protection, will be more willing to fork out more funds for that protection, military training and gear,
Poorly trained citizens pose a greater danger to themselves and LE then they do the criminal they are trying to defend against.
Sheeple should rely upon the sheepdog to protect them from the wolves.

A poorly trained citizen is in a much better position to defend his family than an unarmed citizen waiting for the Police to rescue him, while the criminal is rifling through his belongings, raping his wife, or slicing the throat of his children.
The key is proper training. Two simple, practical things, I would like to see implemented. Background checks - which can be done quickly and training. Not only initial training but refresher course to maintain your license.
Make the rules for gun ownership clear and simple to comply with.
The Key is personal responsiblity and a Government that does not hinder a citizens abililty to protect himself and his own.

Background checks can and are used as a means to prevent a citizen this protection. The process already starts out as a negative, if you do not have a background check you can not have a firearm.

As you have already shown in your posting above, training is subjective, who determines whats "enough"?

You, the NRA, and those that think like you do, are the entire reason we are fighting an uphill battle to regain our FireArms rights. From now on it would be much better for you to be more open as to your intentions.

Nucklesack

the problem comes in when they decide to challenge you. Are you prepared to shoot and shoot to kill? How accurate are you when the lighting isn't optimal and your adrenalin is flowing? Where would that bullet have gone, had you shot and missed?
The answer is SHOTGUN. The most feared sound is the pump action shotgun. You don't have to be super accurate. You have a high probability of hitting the iperp and with the right load you won't hit people in adjacent rooms.

No the problem comes when the sheeple is waiting on his firearm, because "Strong Supporters" such as yourself feel the delays due to processing of his background investigations, and an opening in the Firearms safety course, while the "perp" rapes his daughter, stabs his wife and kills his dog (for the Cop apologists).

mAlice

professional daydreamer
While I understand that there are a lot of important issues in MD in general and SOMD specifically, one of the important issues to me is the 2nd Amendment and CCW. As such, I have contacted both candidates for their positions on same. Have not received a reply from Bohanan, but did get this from Anderson and am providing it with his permission.

First of foremost, I am darn proud of my NRA membership and I enjoy going hunting. It gives me great pleasure to teach my children how to safely respect a firearm and to be an accurate shot. But with the responsibility of weapons ownership, we must have the right to defend ourselves and our families as well as the legal ability to come to the aid of others. This is critical in a time of expanded gain violence. There are two ways we can accomplish this. The first is through concealed carry and the second is through encouragement of open carry. I will create and support legislation that helps make these basic 2nd Amendment rights available to all law abiding Maryland citizens. I support Shall Issue and will assist in creating legislation to help make this a reality in Maryland.

Thank you for supporting our 2nd Amendment and thank you for being a great American.

Most Respectfully,
Erik

Really?