Coupons

foodforthought

I have never really used coupons unless I see them on a package-but I wanted to start-where do I get them? Do I need to buy a washington post every weekend? I get the free packet every week in the mail-but not many coupons that I would use! I always love when BJ's sends out their coupon books-very useful!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
No, don't buy a paper. You obviously have internet access - find them online.
There are plenty of "free coupon" websites. Also, if you always buy a particular brand - say Sunny D (since I saw a tread mentioning it). Do an internet search for Sunny D and visit their website. Sometimes the manufacturers will offer coupons that aren't available elsewhere and even mail you free samples.

Coupons, Printable Coupons - Freecoupons.com

http://coolsavings.com/

Coupons | Online Coupons

TurboK9

I have never really used coupons unless I see them on a package-but I wanted to start-where do I get them? Do I need to buy a washington post every weekend? I get the free packet every week in the mail-but not many coupons that I would use! I always love when BJ's sends out their coupon books-very useful!

Google <store name> printable coupon

"BJ's Printable coupons" for instance.

Be careful.... "printable BJ coupons" will give VERY different results. :lmao:

There's also a running thread in the Consumer and Financial forum on coupons and deals and stuff.

granny45

No, don't buy a paper. You obviously have internet access - find them online.
There are plenty of "free coupon" websites. Also, if you always buy a particular brand - say Sunny D (since I saw a tread mentioning it). Do an internet search for Sunny D and visit their website. Sometimes the manufacturers will offer coupons that aren't available elsewhere and even mail you free samples.

Coupons, Printable Coupons - Freecoupons.com

http://coolsavings.com/

Coupons | Online Coupons

Some stores won't take internet coupons.

spinner

If you live near Hollywood you can have mine, I use a few of them out of the Sunday paper but the majority of them get thrown out.

Mama_Mia08

I get mine from Redplum, BJ's, and directly from the companies I use. I signed up with Procter & Gamble and get some good ones from them in the mail. Wal-Mart takes internet coupons as long as they have the bar code and an expiration. A manager told me that after a misunderstanding with a dumb cashier. BJ's is awesome because they take manufacturers coupons so you can save even more. For example, if the coupon is for $2 off any 2 jars of sauce you can use it because there is 2 of them together. I get some coupons from couponmom.com too but you have to be careful that they are legitimate. I try to get as many as I can through mail so I don't have to worry about that.

FED_UP

Has someone been stealing my coupons, I have not seen any in the mail for about the past 2 months from any restaurant?

sm8

Has someone been stealing my coupons, I have not seen any in the mail for about the past 2 months from any restaurant?

A couple years ago we had a mail person that was stealing all coupons and free samples on her route. I had a lot more free time on my hands back then so I would go online and request free samples when I was bored so I had several a week coming in. I went to the post office and complained when other stuff started not coming in, a small package I had ordered and my daughters birthday card from her Aunt. I got irate over the birthday card because kept trying to write it off on the sending post office and seemed to keep missing the fact that she mailed it from the same post office that was to deliver it. The manager spoke with me and completely understood where I was coming from and promised to take care of it. All of a sudden we started getting coupons again and later got a new mail lady. Apparently this one likes McDonalds though because when the coupon book from them comes out ours is always missing.

sockgirl77

I know there are local people that steal papers. Sometimes they're nice enough to leave the paper, but take the coupon inserts out.

FED_UP

A couple years ago we had a mail person that was stealing all coupons and free samples on her route. I had a lot more free time on my hands back then so I would go online and request free samples when I was bored so I had several a week coming in. I went to the post office and complained when other stuff started not coming in, a small package I had ordered and my daughters birthday card from her Aunt. I got irate over the birthday card because kept trying to write it off on the sending post office and seemed to keep missing the fact that she mailed it from the same post office that was to deliver it. The manager spoke with me and completely understood where I was coming from and promised to take care of it. All of a sudden we started getting coupons again and later got a new mail lady. Apparently this one likes McDonalds though because when the coupon book from them comes out ours is always missing.

Hmmmm interesting, how many coupons can one person steal, geez. The Callaway post office is where my local mail comes from. I will make a trip over there soon, I wonder what else I am missing. I am going to mail a dollar to myself at that post office and see if it makes it back to my house.

sockgirl77

It depends on how much stock you want. If you're looking to create a stockpile, buying papers is not the way to go. Sunday editions are expensive. I'm a couponer, probably considered an extreme couponer without the nutty TV show. I buy my inserts in bulk. There are places online that you can order them. If you need help with couponing, feel free to PM me. I LOVE teaching!

sockgirl77

There's also a running thread in the Consumer and Financial forum on coupons and deals and stuff.

I haven't seen that thread. I went to look for it and still do not see it. Can you please post the link. I'd love to post deals!

FED_UP

Put a camera on your mailbox.

I need look Saturday and see if I have the same mail lady and I will ask her about missing coupons. You can't get in the box without a key, I am sure its being done at the post office or whoever is dropping it off.

sockgirl77

I need look Saturday and see if I have the same mail lady and I will ask her about missing coupons. You can't get in the box without a key, I am sure its being done at the post office or whoever is dropping it off.

Or those companies just are not sending out coupons anymore. What kind of coupons were you getting in the mail?

FED_UP

Take it as a blessing.

The one I really use the most is Ruby T and McD. Something funny is going on though, if someone is taking them, what else have they taken is a concern for sure. Have to come back with an update when I investigate.