switching from Comcast to Verizon Fios??

2ballscrewball

Has anyone switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios?
Is there a down side to it?
Does Verizon show all of the Caps hockey games? Most of the home games are shown on Comcast sports network. Verizon shows Comcast Sports network?
Comcast has Chanel 1 that shows reruns of network shows and cable network shows and old movies. Does Verizon have something similar?
Is Verizon fast enough to play xbox live and have 3 people surfing the internet?

Justme2

Don't know about U

Does Verizon show all of the Caps hockey games? Most of the home games are shown on Comcast sports network. Verizon shows Comcast Sports network?
Comcast has Chanel 1 that shows reruns of network shows and cable network shows and old movies. Does Verizon have something similar?
Is Verizon fast enough to play xbox live and have 3 people surfing the internet?

But fios ain't it my part of the county yet.

RPMDAD

2ball, can't help much here had a buddy in Waldorf switch from Comcast to Verizon, i think he mainly uses the high speed internet portion, claims it is much faster internet speed than comcast. I know they play xbox and have mutiple computers on the internet at the same time. I think ther are 3 flavors of internet access and i think he did say he bumped it up from the basic speed to the middle offering.

zimmie

I've switched for about a year. Like the product, hate the customer service. Internet may be a tad faster with FIOS. Non HDTV's picture is a tad clearer. If you sign a contract, you're fine for that period. After that, you bill goes up..a lot...

Actually they are very similar.

vince77

call Verizon up for a service issue and wait 30 minutes to talk to a human...the only thing ready to blow is your head...

SoMdDude

call Verizon up for a service issue and wait 30 minutes to talk to a human...the only thing ready to blow is your head...

Everyone's customer service sucks these days, one is not better than the other, but I will say..I have not had ONE issue with FIOS over the 1½ years I have had it...cant say the same for comcast

officeguy

If you have the opportunity to switch to Fios:

Don't !!

While it works, it is blazing fast. During the often daylong periods it is down, you'll kick yourself. Verizon non-service will give you the runaround, blame you for being too dumb, blame Santa, the weather or the contract installer they sent to hook it up. Then they send the first technician who is a re-trained phone technician. He cant fix it. Then they send the second tier technician, who can't fix it. Then they are rude to you. Or dont show up at the prearranged time. Finally some guy from Baltimore is brought in who reinstalls the whole thing. Then it works, for three days or so. And the cycle begins anew.

The only thing they are good at is sending bills, even months after the service has been terminated and the equipment returned.

Comcast and metrocast sure have their warts, nothing compared with the pain from Verizon.

vince77

that hasn't been my experience, Verizon has worked fine in all respects, however, if you do have a problem, getting help over the phone is a nightmare...