10/23/2010 Tg:1744

The_Badge

I’m overhearing conversations regarding a Helicopter, Hyperbaric Chamber, etc on this Talk group. I'm showing it as Surveillance Operations? ANy info....

cgwife

I did not catch this from the very beginning, however, it was something about a diver down....they got him but he was unresponsive and cpr was in progress. Prayers going out!

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I did not catch this from the very beginning, however, it was something about a diver down....they got him but he was unresponsive and cpr was in progress. Prayers going out!

The Charles County Dive Team has drills on Saturdays (not sure if it's the first, second, third, etc). If this is in Charles County, it's probably a drill the dive team is doing.

G1G4

And, as I'm looking over my talkgroups, 1744 reverts back to Calvert County as a training channel.

The_Badge

Ahh, thank you all for your support. I am new to the area and where I was born and raised any training operation weather it was on a training or live talk group you were always required to say "this is a drill"... guess I’ll have to pay a closer ear while I'm down here for a few years...

cgwife

Ahh, thank you all for your support. I am new to the area and where I was born and raised any training operation weather it was on a training or live talk group you were always required to say "this is a drill"... guess I’ll have to pay a closer ear while I'm down here for a few years...
I don't believe this was a drill.....it may have been, however, seemed to be the real thing.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
This was not a drill. I don't know the fate of the diver though, does anyone know if he lived or died?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Wonder what happened here, if he went unconscious or what, surprised a pfd wasn't part of his protective equipment. Guess we'll have to wait for more details.

greeneyes36

was wondering what was going on --- had a white full size pick up truck run us off the road on sat - headed that direction. insane. the truck had organizational tags - fire dept volunteer.... ONLY had a flashing red light in his windshield - no other markings, no siren... running people off the road and he drove through the RED LIGHT at cove pt/HG Truman without even stopping. INSANE. i was wondering when did calvert co. authorize POV's to respond as emergency vehicles? i thought this was illegal. ??? not a single marking for Volly fire dept on it... the tags on it were just the standard PF12345 tags....

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
was wondering what was going on --- had a white full size pick up truck run us off the road on sat - headed that direction. insane. the truck had organizational tags - fire dept volunteer.... ONLY had a flashing red light in his windshield - no other markings, no siren... running people off the road and he drove through the RED LIGHT at cove pt/HG Truman without even stopping. INSANE. i was wondering when did calvert co. authorize POV's to respond as emergency vehicles? i thought this was illegal. ??? not a single marking for Volly fire dept on it... the tags on it were just the standard PF12345 tags....

It is not authorized, volunteers responding in POV's like that are breaking law, even if it was a true emergency vehicle what you described is still breaking the law.

G1G4

Chief officer, perfectly legal.

CobbWeb

Nope

Chief officer, perfectly legal.

Actually not legal, the light is only a courtesy light and they are still required to obey traffic laws. I had one for a while and had to sign an MSFA agreement when I got it, noone ever yielded to it so I got rid of it. He!! they barely move over for a fire truck or ambulance let alone any other type vehicle.

G1G4

Actually not legal, the light is only a courtesy light and they are still required to obey traffic laws. I had one for a while and had to sign an MSFA agreement when I got it, noone ever yielded to it so I got rid of it. He!! they barely move over for a fire truck or ambulance let alone any other type vehicle.

I meant the light, not the way he was driving.