Judge says state's attorney candidate John Mattingly
also tried to cheat people in real-estate dealings

A two-year investigation of real-estate fraud and witness tampering
resulted this week in a prison sentence for Daniel Jason Brown,
and a judge's rebuke of state's attorney candidate John Mattingly

"I frankly don't think you were the instigator in any of these things,
but you played a major role," Judge Wallace said, and he barred Brown
from having any contact with John Mattingly after Brown is
released from custody and begins five years of supervised probation.

"The two of you together (Mattingly & Brown) did operate your business corruptly,"
Judge Wallace said, "in an effort to cheat other people."

Renee Joy, assistant Prince George's prosecutor, spoke of Brown's conduct.
"His work ethic was proven to be shortcuts and scamming innocent people
to line his own pockets," Joy said. "He thinks that he's above the law."

In the home-improvement case, Joy said, "Mr. Brown was showing the
epitome of greed. He was taking advantage of an elderly woman who was
an amputee and had recently lost her husband."

for full story click on link below
Brown sentenced to term in prison

Themis

May, 2010
DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR ORDER OF COURT
TO PREVENT STATE FROM OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE
Welcome to St. Mary's Today Online Edition!

This occured 5 days after the motion to stop State's Attorney Richard Fritz, and Daniel White from Witness Tampering Garnd Jury Witness's was filed
Outsider gets case against St. Mary's County state's attorney's | Daily Record, The (Baltimore) | Find Articles at BNET

This was the Trial Jury's findings after hearing of Richard Fritz, and Daniel Whites witness tampering, and corruption

Jurors acquit Mattingly, Brown of theft
Trial Highlights
These highlights were provided bv John Mattingly in response to a request for him to have his say after the Politicallv Motivated and Slanderous Charges' brought against him by St. Mary's States Attorney Richard Fritz, and Daniel White were thrown out by a Jury:
No "victim" had filed any complalnt or charges against Mattingly or Brown. All charges were initiated by the State's Attorney's Office., .
The so-called "victims" admitted their stories had changed after being coached by Assistant State's Attorney Daniel J. White. White had made three visits to the victims, coaching their testimony prior to giving a statement.
Numerous witnesses stated that White had threatened them in an effort to influence their testimony,
So corrupt was the "investigation" of Mattingly and Brown that no law enforcement witnesses were called by the State in its case. After a one and a half year "investigation," costing the taxpayers untold hundreds of thousands of dollars, the Prosecutor could not call a single cop to the stand. In fact, Mattingly had to subpoena the cops in order for the jury to hear the bizarreand corrupt investigation which had incurred.
Mattingly had met with the specially assigned prosecutors on two separate occasions for over ten .hours prior to trial. Mattingly actually requested to meet with the prosecutors to explain what really happened. In fact, Mattingly offered to give his proffer under oath with a court reporter present. In response to Mattingly's proffer, the State merely changed its version ofevents and theory of the case' twice before trial.
As a result of Mattingly's trial subpoena of the Sheriff's Office, the week before trial, magically a covert file was found. Two business days before trial, a report was uncovered which corroborated Mattingly's version of events. This report was taken by Det. Ray (who presumably because of his honesty in reporting' the "first" story by the so-called "victims" was promptly removed from the case). Det. Ray's report reported the initial contact with "victim" Shirley Gilliam." Det. Ray was accompanied by Assistant State's Attorney Daniel J.White. Interestingly, Ray's report not only corroborated Mattingly's version of events, but further listed the Complainant as "Assistant State's Attorney Daniel J. White." This report was over one year old. It should be particularly noted that Mattingly challenged the State to produce more police reports as early as March of this year. In response to the direct inquiry by Hon. Sean D. Wallace, in open court, as to whether the State had more police reports, White stated that be had given them all to Mattingly ("actually twice your Honor"). This, of course, was a lie. White had failed to give many reports. More importantly, White was present when the critical interview was taken by Det. Ray.Whitelied and buried the report. .
Capt. Daniel Alioto, called as a witness not by the State, but by Mattingly, was asked why he gathered no evidence of the alleged forgery, he stated that he "Didn't Need Evidence".
Mattingly, waiving his rights, took the stand in his own defense. The State could not impeach or rebut Mattingly. In fact, the State called no witnesses to rebut nor offered any evidence to impeach Mattingly.
Followlnga four-day trial, Mattingly was acquitted of all charges.

This Story appeared on the St Mary's Today website briefly on Sept 9, 2010
It promised a full story in the next print edition.
I scanned, and copied the the story because I couldn't believe that the story had appeared on that web page. The next morning the story was gone, and it never appeared in the print edition.
Terry Clarke said in his press release when he purchased the St Mary's Today said: " I will not use the St Mary's to talk about my Legal Problems". Tranlation: "As part of my 30 day sentence plea bargain deal with Richard Fritz, and Daniel White I will not print any articles that talk about Fritz, and White's obvious Corrupt, and Illegal activites.
NEWS UPDATE
Sept. 9, 2010
GAME CHANGER!
Independent Prosecutor Drops All Charges Against Democratic States Attorney Candidate John A,Mattingly Jr.
ST MARY'S Today:
UPPER MARLBORO (SeRt. 9, 2010) - Just four days
before a scheduled trial of the opponent of St. Mary s
States Attorney Richard Fritz, an independent
prosecutor has dropped all charges against the
Democrat who filed to run against the Republican
incumbent. Mattingly had been found not guilty in July
by a jury on other charges brought against him by Fritz
earlier this year and of 170 charges placed against
Mattingly. He has now been found not guilty, or had all charges placed against him dropped,
SEE PRINT EDITION this weekend for more on this top
story of the year!

From The Daily Record:
The final criminal matter against St. Mary's County state's attorney candidate John A. Mattingly Jr. ended in his favor Thursday, when the special prosecutor brought in to handle the case declined to take it any farther. "It's over," Isabel Mercedes Cumming said.
"The end result of what happened in this case is what justice demanded," she said. "That's all."
Full Article:
Charges dropped against St. Mary's County candidate | Daily Record, The (Baltimore) | Find Articles at BNET

Dang, Dinky Dickie Duke. I thought for a while you might be someone who might challenge Clem Shady in your production skills. Your Halloween bit was funny and exhibitrd some talent. The crap you've done since is so bad you had to post it as the joker.
Clem is the Man, you're just Dinky.
You should have given more thought to the bridges you have burned with people who thought of you as their friend. It will come back to haunt you

County_Boy

The Enterprise
Friday, Oct. 22, 2010

By JOHN WHARTON
Staff writer

Mattingly (D) did not attend his real-estate partner's sentencing hearing.

"The two of you together (Mattingly & Brown) did operate your business corruptly,"

Themis

Annoying_Boy

Fritz is going mainstream on the club scene!
It's VRAIAL!!!!!!!!!

(Don't know who the author is)

His friends worst enemy-Dickie Duke

:larry: :singer: :wah: :drummer:

:thewave:

Annoying_Boy

BSGal is right. Rossignol has been doing business in St. Mary's for as long as I can remember. And he has backers that finance him, so he doesn't really have to turn a profit. Why does he have these powerful backers and what are they getting out of it? I have no idea. But he's not going away, I guarantee you, whether his businesses get boycotted or not.

That whole "paper caper" episode is a great example of how it works with him. He can print "Fritz Rapes Girl" on the front page in huge letters the day before election day, with no details unless you actually read the article on the inside. And that's not considered a violation of any type. But for off-duty deputies to *purchase* the papers with private money (not county funds) was ruled to be a violation of his freedom of the press.

Think about that - someone *buying* his papers is a violation of his rights. And the county had to pay him big buckaroonies for it. Your tax dollars at work.

Amazing.

:popcorn:

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!

(In response to Vrai quote) : CNN and other news organization sensationalize political stories the exact same way as the "rape" article. Definatley distasteful and not nice...but you knew what you what you were getting with the St. Mary's Today.

As far as the "Newspaper Caper/available for Purchase" issue....that is interesting that it is illegal to purchase all of ones newspapers. Well...now we know you can't do that.

I look at this way...if it was illegal to print that article..wouldn't the correct course of action to issue a warrant to stop the publication and sue the publisher for defamation of character? Instead they bought them up like they were guilty of something. That's the way I look at it.

I believe the "Newspaper Caper" case was used in reference for another newspaper tampering incident not too long ago. Kind of a big deal.

Annoying_Boy

(In response to Vrai quote) : CNN and other news organization sensationalize political stories the exact same way as the "rape" article. Definatley distasteful and not nice...but you knew what you what you were getting with the St. Mary's Today.

As far as the "Newspaper Caper/available for Purchase" issue....that is interesting that it is illegal to purchase all of ones newspapers. Well...now we know you can't do that.

I look at this way...if it was illegal to print that article..wouldn't the correct course of action to issue a warrant to stop the publication and sue the publisher for defamation of character? Instead they bought them up like they were guilty of something. That's the way I look at it.

I believe the "Newspaper Caper" case was used in reference for another newspaper tampering incident not too long ago. Kind of a big deal.

They're not too bright, the court case opinion for the Newspaper Caper explicitly pointed out that there is no law against a newspaper publishing anything, at any time about a candidate and quoted the legal precedent for the publisher to do so.

That's why Fritz and the county had to pay up to cover their criminal act, which oh by the way, no one was ever prosecuted for.

:coffee:

Annoying_Boy

I never understood that. How is buying newspapers against the law?

:killingme

Themis

I never understood that. How is buying newspapers against the law?

Court ruling:
Several additional factors reinforce our conviction that defendantsacted under color of state law. Among these was defendants’ ability to use their positions in the Sheriff’s Department to ensure that they would not be prosecuted for their election day seizure.
Under Maryland law, the Newspaper Theft Act prohibits "knowingly or willfully obtain[ing] or exert[ing] control that is unauthorized over newspapers with the intent to prevent another from reading the newspapers." Md. Code, Criminal Law § 7- 106(b) (2002) (recodified version of law in effect during the seizure).
The Act was passed to criminalize such events as the St. Mary’s Today seizure: mass censorship-oriented appropriations of newspapers which cannot otherwise be punished as theft. See Thomas W. Waldron, "Pilfered Papers: If a Crime, What Punishment?", Balt. Sun, Jan. 5, 1994, at 1B (discussing history leading to passage of Act); Editorial, "Can You ‘Steal’ a Free Paper?", Wash. Post, Jan. 22, 1994, at A16 (same).
In other words, defendants’ efforts to prevent St. Mary’s County readers from reading Rossignol’s newspaper put them in direct peril of criminal prosecution under Maryland law.

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
They're not too bright, the court case opinion for the Newspaper Caper explicitly pointed out that there is no law against a newspaper publishing anything, at any time about a candidate and quoted the legal precedent for the publisher to do so.

That's why Fritz and the county had to pay up to cover their criminal act, which oh by the way, no one was ever prosecuted for.

:coffee:

I hate the court system down here.

County_Boy

The Enterprise
Friday, Oct. 22, 2010

By JOHN WHARTON
Staff writer

"The two of you together (Mattingly & Brown)
did operate your business corruptly,"