About Those Pesky FOP Endorsements

Annoying_Boy

"The Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 7 which has endorsed Richard Fritz for St. Mary's States Attorney may be violating the rules of the IRS which governs charities. Filing of the FOP Lodge 7 shows that it spent over $64,000 on a "boiler room" type of professional fund-raising operation to solict donations from the community and then uses these "charitable" donations to pressure politicians to allow them to obtain collective bargaining and demand raises at the same time that taxpayers are impoverished by dropping real estate prices and higher assessments."

"Nonprofits cannot make express endorsements or give candidates preferential access to resources."

FOP endorsements of political candidates illegal under IRS rules | Town Hall Alliance

:whistle:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
"The Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 7 which has endorsed Richard Fritz for St. Mary's States Attorney may be violating the rules of the IRS which governs charities. Filing of the FOP Lodge 7 shows that it spent over $64,000 on a "boiler room" type of professional fund-raising operation to solict donations from the community and then uses these "charitable" donations to pressure politicians to allow them to obtain collective bargaining and demand raises at the same time that taxpayers are impoverished by dropping real estate prices and higher assessments."

"Nonprofits cannot make express endorsements or give candidates preferential access to resources."

FOP endorsements of political candidates illegal under IRS rules | Town Hall Alliance

Would this fall under the trying to silence the opposition category?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Whoa!

That's an incredible revel... err, the source is the THA?

:bunny:

Attachments

• bunny.jpg
    bunny.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 63

Annoying_Boy

He is... to the Official Intardnet Police. They'll get that Fritzler. :mad:

People see right through you.

Clem posts a video that's unfavorable to Fritz and you attack him claiming it's illegal.

I post an article showing the FOP breaking the law and you try to play it off and attack me.

Enough said. We know what you are and what you do.

People see right through you.

Clem posts a video that's unfavorable to Fritz and you attack him claiming it's illegal.

I post an article showing the FOP breaking the law and you try to play it off and attack me.

Enough said. We know what you are and what you do.

You post articles written by Ken (Clem_Shady) Rossignol on Larry Jarboe's Town Hall Alliance website and try to make like its a legitamate news source. I noticed that neither the lone THA candidate, Larry Jarboe, nor the former THA candidates (including former lawman Dan Morris) have been endorsed by the FOP. Mattingly probably wasn't endorsed because the cops likely see him as a criminal who escaped prosecution.

Annoying_Boy

You post articles written by Ken (Clem_Shady) Rossignol on Larry Jarboe's Town Hall Alliance website and try to make like its a legitamate news source. I noticed that neither the lone THA candidate, Larry Jarboe, nor the former THA candidates (including former lawman Dan Morris) have been endorsed by the FOP. Mattingly probably wasn't endorsed because the cops likely see him as a criminal who escaped prosecution.

Is this legitimate enough for you?

The Restriction of Political Campaign Intervention by Section 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Organizations

Seems the penalty could be the FOP losing their tax exempt status and having to pay taxes on all the money they collected while operating as a charity. Not to mention the property would no longer be tax exempt.

Have a nice day.

:howdy:

Is this legitimate enough for you?

The Restriction of Political Campaign Intervention by Section 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Organizations

Seems the penalty could be the FOP losing their tax exempt status and having to pay taxes on all the money they collected while operating as a charity. Not to mention the property would no longer be tax exempt.

Have a nice day.

:howdy:

I guess you should take it up with the State's Atorney's Office then, huh? Let us know how that works out for you.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Isn't it weird that all over the entire country, candidates actively seek FOP enorsements and FOPs routinely endorse specific candidates. Throughout Maryland..throughout the entire country.

It's a nationwide scandal I tell ya!. Better call Eric Holder.

Or...Thoroughly_Annoying_Idiot got snookered by a bad source again. :killingme

Annoying_Boy

Isn't it weird that all over the entire country, candidates actively seek FOP enorsements and FOPs routinely endorse specific candidates. Throughout Maryland..throughout the entire country.

It's a nationwide scandal I tell ya!. Better call Eric Holder.

Or...Thoroughly_Annoying_Idiot got snookered by a bad source again. :killingme

Guess that would depend on what type of nonprofit you organized your charity as, wouldn't it Gilligan?