Glenn Beck: Union fires worker over military T-shi

E

EmptyTimCup

:jerry:

so intense is the hatred for anything right of their own myopic world view ....

Glenn Beck: Union fires worker over military T-shirt

GLENN: Let me ask you this. When we have the president giving a speech some place and, you know, for instance in California and some union worker, a union worker is building the stage and putting things together, hours before the president arrives, and he has a son who is serving in the military and so he wears a George H. W. Bush, not George Bush 43 but George Bush 41 and he's wearing, you know, the blue cap with the, you know, yellow writing that military wears that says USS George H. W. Bush and then CVN and has the number on it, he's wearing the carrier cap and he's wearing a carrier jacket because his son is serving on that ship, since when in America do you lose your job for showing up working to work in that outfit, hours before, where you can't even build the stage for the president of the United States wearing a jacket and a hat that reflects an aircraft carrier that your son is stationed on? I've never heard that before. Could we play the audio, please, of this dismissed worker?

REPORTER: He is a stagehand, a union stagehand who is working to put up the Obama rally stage here on campus this morning. He was wearing a hat that said George H. W. Bush and a sweatshirt that said the same thing. Now, the George H. W. Bush is the name of an aircraft carrier that Dwayne's son is serving on. His son has been in the Navy for the last three years. Dwayne says his union fired him from his job here this morning setting up the stage because he was wearing clothing with the name Bush on it.

E

EmptyTimCup

commenter ...

Lanny Gene Wood7:53 am
The Aircraftcarrier ,USS George Herbert Walker Bush shirt and hat were the preamble for the recent remarks President Barack Obama made calling those who oppose him and his policies "enemies" and regulating them to the "back seat of the car". If I were an African American I'd be personally offended and angered by the last remark. It was Rosie Parks refusal to sit at the "back of the bus" that helped spark the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960's. where are the ACLU, NAACP and the Reverends Sharpton and Jackson? Aren't they going to at least rebuke the POTUS for his comments?

Surely President Barack Obama, a Harvard graduate with a law degree and a black community organizer from Chicago, was aware of the racial overtone of such a comment or statement of opinion that such terminology could have. It appears that President Barack Obama knows no bounds when it's him that's playing the racial card. I hope the fired union worker sues the union that's responsable for his firing for denying him his civil rights. I also hope he receives a multi-million dollar settlement and all union oficials responsable for their unlawful act are fired.
Message - Report

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Union bosses, like Sparxx, either cannot read or don't understand there were two Bush presidents. Geo HW Bush isn't the bad guy in Obama's view. Only Geo W Bush is.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Union bosses, like Sparxx, either cannot read or don't understand there were two Bush presidents. Geo HW Bush isn't the bad guy in Obama's view. Only Geo W Bush is.

You question the inteligence of an Obama supporter?

:sarcasm:

laynpipe

just a quick note on this, unions dont fire people unless they are employees of the union.

this fellow was working for a "company" and was a union "member". therefore, the company fired him, not the union.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
just a quick note on this, unions dont fire people unless they are employees of the union.

this fellow was working for a "company" and was a union "member". therefore, the company fired him, not the union.

If you insist, the heading can be changed to "University of Southern California fires stage hand for wearing a Bush Sweatshirt." That's even worse.

laynpipe

If you insist, the heading can be changed to "University of Southern California fires stage hand for wearing a Bush Sweatshirt." That's even worse.

but it changes the focus of the story from the union to the university. very big difference. very big.....

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
but it changes the focus of the story from the union to the university. very big difference. very big.....

Of course it does. And I would be proud to be a member of a union that supports a public university that is so stupid and narrow-minded to fire another union member for the work-clothing he chose to work on a job I was supporting. Really smart there, genius.

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Of course it does. And I would be proud to be a member of a union that supports a public university that is so stupid and narrow-minded to fire another union member for the work-clothing he chose to work on a job I was supporting. Really smart there, genius.
But you do see the difference, right? :tap:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Just a quick note..
The union menber said the union kicked him off the job site