Life in Lusby

shellykay

Thoughts on living in Lusby? I know NOTHING about the area and my husband will be starting work at the Base soon. Is the bridge really that bad? I want to buy a house when we move up there because I am so over moving. Thanks for any feedback! Schools matter too... have a 2 y.o. and a 14 y.o.

TurboK9

Thoughts on living in Lusby? I know NOTHING about the area and my husband will be starting work at the Base soon. Is the bridge really that bad? I want to buy a house when we move up there because I am so over moving. Thanks for any feedback! Schools matter too... have a 2 y.o. and a 14 y.o.

The bridge? Depends on the time. Sucks during typical commute hours. Schools are pretty good, etc. Really it depends on where you live. CRE can be good or bad, depending on where you are, same with Drum Point. Don't know much about White Sands, though I have heard many an unflattering tale by those I know who live there, but parts of CRE are the same I guess.

Overall, compared to other places I have lived though, it's :yay:. Most of the gripers are lifers who've never lived in a real hood or trashy area. Pretty mild around here even when the sh*t hits the fan if you ask me. I feel like my kids are pretty safe compared to Saint Paul (east side).

shellykay

I read somewhere that if you move to CRE you are "doomed"? what is that supposed to mean? bad roads/driveways? idk

lilbitz

I love living in Lusby. I don't live in any of the neighborhoods though. I love going to Solomons during the summer nights and walking around. I love the cliffs. I love being far enough away but still close enough to D.C., Annapolis and Baltimore. I grew up in Montgomery County where the traffic here doesn't compare!! The traffic over the bridge varies from day to day and there is really no rhyme or reason! It's a great place to live.

nicole_M

I live in CRE and have no problems to speak of. We have been here 5 years in January and don't plan on moving unless my husband's job takes us to Norfolk.

All 3 of my kids go to Patuxent Elementary and I give them :yay: :yay:.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I read somewhere that if you move to CRE you are "doomed"? what is that supposed to mean? bad roads/driveways? idk
Take this with the grain of salt that I know CRE only from what I have read here... The roads are one of the worst aspects. Most are not paved and they are not graded properly/regularly. Last winter brought a TON of snow, and people in many parts were not plowed out for several days.

There has been a rising crime problem, with some violence. One of the issues on the table with the upcoming election has been whether to install a CRE police outpost to help monitor things.

The beach and/or lake are supposed to have cleanliness and water quality problems.

All that comes back to the board that oversee the operations and so forth. Lots of arguments and complaints.

And there is the infamous Tiger Beetle issue.

You can start a new thread asking about CRE and have a couple hundred opinions by the end of today. There is also a private forum for it; found if you go up to "User CP" then "Group Memberships". And you can do a search and find a bunch of threads. Good luck.

Justme2

Ranch Club

CRE AKA Ranch Club Not all the roads are paved and their are no sidewalks that I know of. As far as being doomed I don't think so as they say your neighbors will depend on your liking it or not. They have association which you need to belong to to use the facilities like the beaches or gardens and horse stalls which some them of cost as well. They do have security but I think they keep a better eye on the people that really cause violations rather they people that cause trouble. Which I am not 100% of that statement just more of an opinion. They do keep an eye on things on a daily basis though.

TurboK9

Take this with the grain of salt that I know CRE only from what I have read here... The roads are one of the worst aspects. Most are not paved and they are not graded properly/regularly. Last winter brought a TON of snow, and people in many parts were not plowed out for several days.

There has been a rising crime problem, with some violence. One of the issues on the table with the upcoming election has been whether to install a CRE police outpost to help monitor things.

The beach and/or lake are supposed to have cleanliness and water quality problems.

All that comes back to the board that oversee the operations and so forth. Lots of arguments and complaints.

And there is the infamous Tiger Beetle issue.

You can start a new thread asking about CRE and have a couple hundred opinions by the end of today. There is also a private forum for it; found if you go up to "User CP" then "Group Memberships". And you can do a search and find a bunch of threads. Good luck.

You will get very varied opinions. CRE is HUGE for a subdivision. 6000+ homes and over 66 miles of roads. Hell it's got an airport. :lmao:

It has good and bad areas. Where doesn't? We like it here so far, like I said, it's pretty mild even when it's 'bad'. Most of the serious detractors are living out in the woods 6 miles from their neighbors, pronounce 'ambulance' as 'amb-lance', and have no earthly idea what 'detractor' means or how to pronounce it. Whadda ya expect? :roflmao:

:yay:

frequentflier

happy to be living
You will get very varied opinions. CRE is HUGE for a subdivision. 6000+ homes and over 66 miles of roads. Hell it's got an airport. :lmao:

It has good and bad areas. Where doesn't? We like it here so far, like I said, it's pretty mild even when it's 'bad'. Most of the serious detractors are living out in the woods 6 miles from their neighbors, pronounce 'ambulance' as 'amb-lance', and have no earthly idea what 'detractor' means or how to pronounce it. Whadda ya expect? :roflmao:

:yay:

Why, yes it does. Let me know if you'd like to see the area from the air :biggrin:

TurboK9

Why, yes it does. Let me know if you'd like to see the area from the air :biggrin:

Haha!

Went to the 'fly in a plane' thingy last year with my son. We got there 1/2 an hour after they started and waited all day, watching group after group go ahead of us that came in after us.

About an hour left in the day, and one of the folks at the 'table' asked if we were willing to go up individually. I said 'sure'. So they call for us a few minutes later, after pulling us out of the 'fly together' lineup, then look at my son and tell me he's too young (7) to go up without me.

Gee thanks.

8 hours standing around, go home with my son in tears.

That was a fun time, yessir.

The pilots are AWESOME for doing it, the people 'organizing' were a bit lacking though.

If we can take my son, :yay: I'll take you up on that when you are :yay:

:biggrin:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Haha!

Went to the 'fly in a plane' thingy last year with my son. We got there 1/2 an hour after they started and waited all day, watching group after group go ahead of us that came in after us.

About an hour left in the day, and one of the folks at the 'table' asked if we were willing to go up individually. I said 'sure'. So they call for us a few minutes later, after pulling us out of the 'fly together' lineup, then look at my son and tell me he's too young (7) to go up without me.

Gee thanks.

8 hours standing around, go home with my son in tears.

That was a fun time, yessir.

The pilots are AWESOME for doing it, the people 'organizing' were a bit lacking though.

If we can take my son, :yay: I'll take you up on that when you are :yay:

:biggrin:

Same sort of thing happened to us last year. We got there and filled out our paperwork. Watched group after group go up while we stood there. Several people told us that we'd be next and then somehow our paperwork would get shoved down to the bottom of the pile. Husband finally got pissed off and we left with no plane ride. Luckily, the kids never noticed the signs for the event this year.

sweetandsassy

I feel like my kids are pretty safe compared to Saint Paul (east side).

hey, I find that statement offensive since I was born and raised there, and would go back at the drop of a hat. :duel: hell I never had anything stolen out of my yard or had my house broke into till we moved here.
it really don't matter where you live there is good and bad everywhere.

TurboK9

hey, I find that statement offensive since I was born and raised there, and would go back at the drop of a hat. :duel: hell I never had anything stolen out of my yard or had my house broke into till we moved here.
it really don't matter where you live there is good and bad everywhere.

Not even patio furniture? Nothing off the front porch? Really? :confused:

A little birdie told me that Frosty was once murdered in a front yard there. :lmao:

Vince

Been in Lusby since '86. Put two kids through the school system and it is one of the better school systems in Maryland. As far as crime rate, you have your garbage anywhere you move. :shrug: