Something sneaky here?

Buzzlightyear3

A good friend of ours told me today that they received a recorded call a day or two ago from Steny Hoyer. Mr. Hoyer thanked our friend for requesting an absentee ballot. He went on to talk about his accomplishments and ask for his vote.

My question is: how did Mr. Hoyer and his minions find out that our friend requested an absentee ballot? Is he allowed to get that information from the board of elections? Seems sort of fishy to me. What do you think?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
A good friend of ours told me today that they received a recorded call a day or two ago from Steny Hoyer. Mr. Hoyer thanked our friend for requesting an absentee ballot. He went on to talk about his accomplishments and ask for his vote.

My question is: how did Mr. Hoyer and his minions find out that our friend requested an absentee ballot? Is he allowed to get that information from the board of elections? Seems sort of fishy to me. What do you think?

We got that call tonight too and no one in our family asked for an absentee ballot. I very politely listened to the trash talk and then conveniently "forgot" to hang up the phone for a bit. Just felt like causing a small problem for the robo-callers :lmao:.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
We got that call tonight too and no one in our family asked for an absentee ballot. I very politely listened to the trash talk and then conveniently "forgot" to hang up the phone for a bit. Just felt like causing a small problem for the robo-callers :lmao:.

Sometimes with a robo-call, if you press the '0' or '#' key, a live operator will come on. Then you can say "Hey, I'm glad I got you, can you hold on just a sec someone's at the door?" Then forget to pick up the phone for 15-20 minutes.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Sometimes with a robo-call, if you press the '0' or '#' key, a live operator will come on. Then you can say "Hey, I'm glad I got you, can you hold on just a sec someone's at the door?" Then forget to pick up the phone for 15-20 minutes.

Thank you SOOO much! I will definitely try this for the next one that I get. I'm getting so dammed tired of getting up to answer the phone thinking it may be an emergency (elderly parent) and finding out that it's another politician trolling for a vote. Too bad we can't put politicians on the "no call list"! (No caller id on the landline--tired of giving phone companies all my money!)

ylexot

Super Genius

Yes, they can get that information from the board of elections.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Nothing fishy. It's public information just like the vote registration records. Anyone can go to the Elections Office and get an MS Excel spread sheet of all the registered voters and their affiliation.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Of course this could be like the people who found out the asked for a absentee ballot more or less in that fashion. Problem was they didn't ask for a ballot or at least they didn't know they made the request. Seems a man asked them to sign a form saying that he had talked to them. If this man got enough signatures he would get to me the President in person.
Turns out what they signed was an application requesting an absentee ballot.

So what story did they use to get you to sign?

DEEKAYPEE8569

I got a "Political Call" on caller ID yesterday, so I let the machine pick it up.....CLICK!