Gotv!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The Calvert county Victory Call Center will be making calls EVERY DAY - including Election Day - until the polls CLOSE! Please give one hour of your time to the GOTV effort!

Prince Frederick Victory Center
65 Duke Street
Room 211
Prince Frederick, MD 20679

The Lollar Letter - Issue 20 - October 27, 2010

The Only Poll that Matters
Early Voting Continues thru Thursday, October 28th; Election Day 2010 is Tuesday, November 2nd

We've got Steny Hoyer on the run!

Our campaign for common sense solutions and unity in the community is working! Pundits all around the nation are giving us another look because they are starting to recognize what we already know - we are on the road to victory!

"...Hoyer has a serious challenge from the right. Republican Charles Lollar is running against Hoyer in Maryland’s 5th District, causing Hoyer to run print and television ads for the first time in decades. More “Hoyer for Congress” signs have popped up in his district [than at] any time since 1994, and he’s even agreed to debate Lollar, which is unheard of for Hoyer."

Thanks to you, we are on the verge of an historic win. Now is the time to make your hard work count.

Early voting continues through this Thursday; the details are below. If you can, vote early and make your mark for change.

Then you can help us get out the vote. Volunteer to make phone calls, knock on doors, talk to your family, friends and neighbors, and make sure their votes are counted as well. In one week, the people of Maryland's 5th Congressional District will have charted for themselves a new direction.

Together we can make "A New Day for Maryland"!

Regards,

Charles Lollar
Candidate for Congress in
Maryland's 5th Congressional District
Early voting ends this week!

October 28th is the last day of early voting for the Maryland general election! If you can't make it to the polls on November 2nd, and you'd rather vote in person than submit an absentee ballot, Maryland has instituted early voting.

Each county has an early voting center open through October 28th from 10 am until 8 pm each day. Anyone in line at 8 pm will be allowed to vote.

Click here for complete instructions and the location of the early voting center in your county.

Come Support Charles as he takes on Steny Hoyer!

October 29 St. Mary’s College to Host Forum with Charles Lollar & Steny Hoyer. 6:30pm, Auerbach Auditorium, St. Mary’s Hall. Open to the public. Media inquiries, call Todd Eberly: 240-895-4215 or email: teeberly@smcm.edu

Hear ye, hear ye! Come listen to and ask questions of Charles at a Town Hall meeting near you!

October 27 Community Town Hall Meeting - University of Maryland, College Park, MD – 7pm-9pm. Room 2208 – Student Union Bldg. 2nd Fl. Juan Roman Room. Hosted by UMD’s College Republicans – Open to the public.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
When you're doing the call center or door-to-door, does Charles ever pop in to give a motivation boost?

Bann

PREMO Member
When you're doing the call center or door-to-door, does Charles ever pop in to give a motivation boost?

I think he has been to the Victory Call center, and as gone door-to-door but not while I've been there.

That's okay with me, because I'm pretty much self-motivated. As are all of the Lollar campaign volunteers I've met. :yay:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
That's okay with me, because I'm pretty much self-motivated. As are all of the Lollar campaign volunteers I've met.
Perhaps "motivation boost" was the wrong term, as I'm sure everyone already is fired up. I was more curious how much he interacts with his team; if he ever engages his team to get their opinions or ideas on things.

Bann

PREMO Member
Perhaps "motivation boost" was the wrong term, as I'm sure everyone already is fired up. I was more curious how much he interacts with his team; if he ever engages his team to get their opinions or ideas on things.

:shrug: I know what you mean, and what you're asking specifically, but he engages everyone! And he turns no one away as to their opinions or ideas. He interacts with everyone the same way, too. That said, I am NOT part of the "inner circle" of his campaign, so I don't know how he speaks to them.

He is just a naturally charismatic person with the type of personality who goes out of his way to make someone feel comfortable, that they have his undivided attention while speaking to him, and who is greatly humbled and appreciative of everyone's support.

Whenever I have met Charles in person - he is the same guy who speaks at every event I've attended. For example, he treated my older son, (whom I affectionately refer to on the forums as "Thing1") just as cordially and respectfully as he does any other person he met. My Thing1 has a developmental disability and Mr. Lollar wasn't condescending to him in the least. He didn't give him a cursory greeting and move on. When formally introduced, Thing1 reaches out to shake your hand when he first meets you and Mr. Lollar took his hand, shook it heartily, looked him in the eyes and actually engaged in conversation with my son. As corny as it sounds - time stopped still for me during the moments they exchanged conversation, because I was very impressed. (but then my heart was in my throat, too, mostly because Thing1 has been known to say just about anything!!)

Yeah, I know I sound like a Lollar rah-rah groupie, but I have never met anyone in politics who has inspired me more. I have worked more directly with county campaign coordinators and other key campaign workers than I have with Charles. However, they are all of the same mind. They do NOT sit around and talk a lot of ugliness, they do NOT engage in nasty or mean spirited conversation about the competition.

Believe it or not, Mr. Steeds of the world: Being NICE is one of the most important core values on the Lollar campaign!!