Because I Remember...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wow! Mocking dementia sufferors for political purposes?

How does that not backfire?

oh..I thought is was just a spoof..like that great Barabar Boxer "Call me Senator" clip that Zuckerman recently put out. I mean..nobody would take any of that stuff they said seriously...right?? Nobody could be that stupid unless it was on purpose.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:killingme
At the 50 second point;
"I remember which party believes in state's rights unless a state passes a law which doesn't coincide with their narrow point of view"

Are they trying to blame the Republicans for suing AZ because they passed an immigration law?

ftcret

At the 50 second point;
"I remember which party believes in state's rights unless a state passes a law which doesn't coincide with their narrow point of view"

Are they trying to blame the Republicans for suing AZ because they passed an immigration law?

Was wondering the same

SamSpade

At the 50 second point;

I'm not entirely sure what they are referring to, unless it refers to gay marriage, an issue which candidate Obama claimed he was against.

Now I'm not an expert on law, but it seems to me a problem with gay marriage is, it's something that really can't be settled by state, because you can't be recognized as legally married in one state, but not in another. As far as I know, if the state of New York says you're married, you can't move to New Jersey and have the government say no, you're not.

SamSpade

Is there a reason why SEIU is in charge of the Nevada elections? Why would a UNION be doing that?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized

I was going to point that one out myself... :lol: Not sure which issue that guy was referencing either, but that they would mention states' rights in ANY context is hilarious.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Is there a reason why SEIU is in charge of the Nevada elections? Why would a UNION be doing that?

It's a union for service workers and evidently they were contracted by Reid's son to service the machines.

Which seems weird, I thought the unions were supposed to represent workers, not be the employer.

... unless they're given a auto manufacturer to run

BernieP

Resident PIA
At the 50 second point;

No, they are blaming Planned Parenthood for suing Pennsylvania for their Abortion Control laws (they were using the part of the law that was upheld by the Supreme Court to have that part thrown out) - you heard me, the top court says "this part of the law is good and should serve as the model for all furture cases". So Planned Parenthood et al come back and say "we want to challege the law (the one you just upheld) using the standards you just set".
DOH